Windows 10: Computer will not detect second moniter

Discus and support Computer will not detect second moniter in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I bought a cheap Insignia tv to connect to my Dell touch screen computer to better see building plans. I plug the HMDI cable port to port and go to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by vanceharris, Aug 14, 2018.

1. Computer will not detect second moniter

I bought a cheap Insignia tv to connect to my Dell touch screen computer to better see building plans. I plug the HMDI cable port to port and go to discover device in display setting and get no device found. I have set the tv to both ports , any advise ?

:)

vanceharris, Aug 14, 2018

2. Windows 10 update not detecting my 2nd moniter

The solutions you gave me didnt work, The dual moniters were working, I had restarted my laptop to have it auto update, after waitng nearly a hour it booted and my my windows wont detect my 2nd moniter its connected using HDMI my moniter does detect that
    its connected though.

joseph blain, Aug 14, 2018
  3. 2nd Moniter

I updated my computer and lost the ability to use the second moniter...HELP!

Gregory K.Adams, Aug 14, 2018
  4. Computer will not detect second moniter

HP Moniter Detecting HDMI But Not VGA

Trying to set up the oculus rift, and it requires the one HDMI cable that my computer has. My HP Moniter has a VGA slot on the back, so I snagged a cable for it, and an adapter (To shift a 9pin male end to a 15 pin female) so the adapter end can an plug
    into my computer. Problem is, when I toggle the switch from HDMI to VGA, it says 'inactive', has a black screen for a bit, then switches back to HDMI. I've checked all the cables, and nothing's loose- I've even tried a factory reset and unplugging and replugging
    the entire moniter as described in the moniter's troubleshooting site. I'm still getting a black screen every time. When I pulled up device details on my computer, I couldn't see any way to toggle between the two manually, but I am concerned my system is to
    blame. Could it be the adapter? I can't seem to find anything that would fit both my moniter and my computer in the same cord. I'm running windows 10, and the hdmi for the moniter leads directly to my graphics card.

LynnJacobs1, Aug 14, 2018
Thema:

Computer will not detect second moniter

1. Computer will not detect second moniter - Similar Threads - Computer detect second

2. Moniters

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Moniters: I am searching for info on how to open 2 tabs on laptop, move one tab to separate screen & 2nd tab remain on desktop screen. I need anwsers https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/moniters/d7ccabe2-1730-4ef4-998d-a96a39a34e68
  3. Moniters

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Moniters: I am searching for info on how to open 2 tabs on laptop, move one tab to separate screen & 2nd tab remain on desktop screen. I need anwsers https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/moniters/d7ccabe2-1730-4ef4-998d-a96a39a34e68
  4. computer can't detect second monitor

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    computer can't detect second monitor: I recently restored my system from a recovery usb stick. I am currently dual booting Windows and Linux. When I use Linux, my computer can use the second monitor just fine, so the monitor itself works. When I go to Display and click Detect, it says "Didn't detect another...
  5. Reliability moniter

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Reliability moniter: Why whenever i go into the reliability monitor I always see 1-3 red X's, when i click on these X's it tells me that it was a hardware. I ran a memory diagnostic and it said nothing was wrong what is the problem. btw I'm using my pc without my gpu, I'm using a integrated...
  6. viotek moniter

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    viotek moniter: Merry Christmas. My Santa hubby got me a gaming computer with viotek curved monitor for Christmas and i cant get the sound audio to work. ive done all updates. updated sound drivers trouble shooting the whole way. im connected via HDMI. i also had to activate my windows,...
  7. not able to detect multipul moniter

not able to detect multipul moniter: my labtop is not able to connect desktop. is not detect the moniter. I already updated driver and uninstall also. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/not-able-to-detect-multipul-moniter/8009ae29-c9a1-4c3a-be8a-58e30fa22e50
  8. moniter

moniter: I have several lines from top to bottom on my moninter , how can I clear them. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/moniter/3b823fdc-206d-40d2-ba72-3a350b2b6c02
  9. Computer not detecting the second monitor

in Windows 10 Customization
    Computer not detecting the second monitor: Hello, I have a Dell all in one desktop model- Inspiron 24 Model 3459, however, it is not detecting my second monitor. I have attempted to detect automatically as well as manually, updated the driver, uninstalled and reinstalled the driver. However, my computer is still...
  10. My Second Moniter Doesn't Show up after startup

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    My Second Moniter Doesn't Show up after startup: Once I start my computer my second monitor does not load. It will be a black screen. I have went into the windows settings and if I set the display to show the working monitor then hit revert to extend display it will load up with my wallpaper and work. I have replaced the...