Windows 10: Computer will not now post after Win 10 clean install

Discus and support Computer will not now post after Win 10 clean install in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I clean installed Windows 10 about 2-3 weeks before the problem. During the clean install, the computer crashed once, but was otherwise rock stable.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by socklosk, Aug 27, 2015.

1. socklosk Win User

Computer will not now post after Win 10 clean install

I clean installed Windows 10 about 2-3 weeks before the problem. During the clean install, the computer crashed once, but was otherwise rock stable.

The first time I had the current problem I got an error saying something like Boot Failed and the Bios was reset to its default values. The computer restarted and was rock stable. I immediately did a memory test using Windows 10s memory tester and all was good. I also rebooted with no problems, but when I shut the computer down all I got was a blank screen.

I removed all the devices from the motherboard and tried using each of the two memory modules in each of the four memory slots, and it posted just once, but I was unable to replicate this when I shut the computer down and tried to restart the computer.

I tried several times to remove the battery to reset the the Bios to no avail.

I sent the motherboard to Gigabyte, but they said the motherboard works just fine!!!

What should my next step be? I highly doubt that it’s the CPU, and that seems to suggest the power supply.

PS I’m using the onboard DVI to my monitor. No gaming and no overclocking. I have a i5 Intel Haswell.

:)

socklosk, Aug 27, 2015

2. Win 10 installation

I have a hp pc with preinstalled win 8 . I upgraded to win 10 and activated it . Now i want to perform a clean installation of win 10 . I want that after installation when i boot my computer it should show HP LOGO AND NOT EINDOWS . so which environment
    UEFI OR BIOS hould i choose .

44fae719-ada3-4863-9d44-a59f45ea4a6a, Aug 27, 2015
  3. cjJr. Win User
    error 45 with sd drive kingston

win 10, clean install.....

thought it was in once after the clean win install

but system seems slow and the Kingston drive was used for cache to increase processing

now I get this error 45.... (device not installed)

went to manager and it is NOT there even after multiple refreshes

cjJr., Aug 27, 2015
  4. owensdj Win User

Could be a memory problem. You have a hardware problem for sure because you should never see a crash during a clean install.

Make a Memtest86+ boot disk or USB flash drive and let it run for at least 2 passes.

Memtest86+ - Advanced Memory Diagnostic Tool

If that says your memory is OK, try running your hard drive manufacturer's diagnostic software on the hard drive.

owensdj, Aug 27, 2015
  5. socklosk Win User
    I have my computer apart at the moment, waiting for Gigabyte ships back my motherboard, and I just packaged up my power supply so that I can RMA it.

With what I already did with my memory testing, especially using one stick at a time making no difference, makes the memory to appear OK. For both sticks of memory to go bad at the same time is extremely unlikely, and that's why I personally think it has to be the PSU.

No gaming or overclocking!!!

socklosk, Aug 27, 2015
  6. ram1220 Win User
    I would be checking the HDD for failure.

ram1220, Aug 27, 2015
  7. socklosk Win User
    My system is on a SSD, and Windows 10 says its working fine. But that aside, my system should post with everything disconnected but my monitor after taking the battery out. If you have an explanation for that happening, I would be glad to hear it.

socklosk, Aug 27, 2015
  8. Traijan Win User

Memory is funny that way sometimes.

What do you suppose the chances are that you go buy 2 sticks of 8GB of RAM and run MemTest 86+ on them and it finds errors on both sticks, AND you then return it and get two new 8GB sticks of RAM and your computer won't post at all, AND you return those and get two more sticks of RAM and MemTest86+ finds an error on that and so on your last attempt you finally get two sticks of RAM that turn out to be good? Must be pretty high odds but it's happened to me only recently.

Run MemTest 86+ when you get back your PSU and put it all back together overnight or for 2 to 5 full passes and see what it says. According to the return manager at the store where I bought mine he said it's actually quite common that people return RAM that is bad right out of the package.

Oh and I tested that first 2 sticks of RAM with a Microsoft RAM test and they passed, but MemTest 86+ found errors within the first 30 seconds of testing. :/

Traijan, Aug 27, 2015
  9. socklosk Win User
    How do I load MemTest 86+ if I cannot get into the Bios to tell it to boot from a removable device?

socklosk, Aug 27, 2015
  10. Cliff S New Member
    Spam the Escape key to choose boot device.

Cliff S, Aug 27, 2015
  11. Phone Man Win User
    I would find a different store if they have that much problem with their products.

Jim *Cool

Phone Man, Aug 27, 2015
  12. Traijan Win User
    Yeah sadly, it was with a giant chain store that have a few stores in the surrounding 50 miles from me and the the first set that I returned I had to drive to one of their other stores further away because the sales clerk at the first store told me that I'd bought their last set of that RAM, so I returned it to the other chain store who also had bad RAM, and then thought I'd return it for a refund to the first store but turned out they had 3 more sets come in that weekend so I exchanged it and they were bad and eventually exchanged it for the 4th set that was good.

Funny thing was that he told me that they don't usually get returns on the brand that I bought but another well known maker has had a huge amount of returns.

Traijan, Aug 27, 2015
  13. socklosk Win User

Will that work with Windows 10 stuck in Fast Boot?

socklosk, Aug 27, 2015
  14. Cliff S New Member
    If the OP needs a tutorial on how to test RAM using Mem Test86+, one of our moderators and members of the BSOD team @Test your RAM with MemTest 86+

Cliff S, Aug 27, 2015
  15. socklosk Win User
    Again, this tutorial seems to assume that your computer can post.

socklosk, Aug 28, 2015
Thema:

1. Computer will not now post after Win 10 clean install - Similar Threads - Computer post clean

2. did a clean install of win 10 on an ssd with a previous win 10 installation, the "clean"...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    did a clean install of win 10 on an ssd with a previous win 10 installation, the "clean"...: did a clean install of win 10 with win 10 installation disk on an ssd with a previous win 10 installation, the "clean" install is using 3 quarters of the ssd. trying to find a way to format said ssd without success. Is there a utility out there that can override window's...
  3. CLEAN INSTALL OF WIN 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    CLEAN INSTALL OF WIN 10: Attn: Greg Carmack Greg: I am studying your tutorial on doing a CLEAN INSTALL to try to familiarize my self with the process. Your instructions are quite simple to understand but I am getting confused on the link to the article about File History. This is what I understand...
  4. Clean install win 10

Clean install win 10: Hey, I have a toshiba satellite computer. a week ago the computer got into the automatic repair loop. After trying some methods i understood that my only option is to clean install win 10 again. So, i used Rufus to make a bootable usb and when the installation got atarted i...
  5. clean install win 10

clean install win 10: cannot create a partition or find an existing one https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-windows_install/clean-install-win-10/72c073f8-1a63-4866-b133-7559ced90d03
  6. Win 10 Automatic Updates after clean install?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Win 10 Automatic Updates after clean install?: Right after a clean install of Win10 how much time does It take before it starts to check for updates? How much delay time is this? Should I leave my machine ON overnight and it should start checking for updates to download? I installed Win10 about 1 hour ago. So...
  7. Clean install of win 10 ?

Clean install of win 10 ?: Hi guys;i could never do a Clean a install of win10 preview on my PC's from a DVD ISO, i get stuck here, see pic; although i can upgrade from win 7 to win 10. the DVD ISO i made was from MS. Image codes: DSC02178 4374
  8. Install clean Win 10

Install clean Win 10: Hello I used the media creation tool which I had burned to dvd to install win 10 after uupgradingfrom 8.1. I paid strict attention to any place like adv or apply to delete the partitions but found none. I did tell it to bring "nothing" forward in the process. The pc works...
  9. Clean install Win 10

Clean install Win 10: Initial state of machine - Machine Lenovo AIO, win10 home 64bit UEFI Created DVD and USB via media creation tool 64bit win 10 home and booted into both media they load as far as getting all files then reboots. System created 4 partions Disc map on 2TB disc. Partion size...
  10. Win 10 Clean Install after Upgrade Install

Win 10 Clean Install after Upgrade Install: I've upgraded from Win 7 Pro x64 to Win 10 Pro x64 via the upgrade install. The system indicates the Win 10 install is activated. Presently, this install is to buggy. I intend to wipe the disk clean and perform a clean install via bootable USD flash drive and the downloaded...