Windows 10: Computer will only start if I hit F12 and go to"Windows boot manager"

Discus and support Computer will only start if I hit F12 and go to"Windows boot manager" in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Every time my system starts, it goes to a black screen that says something like "no OS detected; press any key to continue." When I do that, it keeps... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Eve11, May 16, 2018.

1. Eve11 Win User

Computer will only start if I hit F12 and go to"Windows boot manager"

Every time my system starts, it goes to a black screen that says something like "no OS detected; press any key to continue." When I do that, it keeps going back to the same screen. The only solution I've found is to hit f12 and in the bios options, starting it in "windows boot manager" which then takes me to Windows w/ my different user accounts. I've tried in BIOS various options and combinations of secure on/off, legacy mode, UEFI, and finally "restoring to defaults," which used to work, but now even that will take me to the same black screen, and so every time I restart my computer I have to do this. I've looked at disk management (I don't understand what I'm about to say) and I see there is one Disk 0 w/ a GPT partition scheme w/ 4 partitions (including recovery, EFI, (C*Smile in NTFS, and something not labelled. Almost all 450 gigs are on the (C*Smile and it says all partitions are healthy, though I didn't purposely partition my hard drive and know nothing about it. I have a Dell Inspiron 13 using Win 10 Home. Any help appreciated,
    Eve

:)

Eve11, May 16, 2018

2. Computer won't boot up

When I turn laptop on, it takes me to the Windows Boot Manager, I don't have an installation disc for Windows 10, so I follow instructions to press Enter to access the boot menu, where I'm supposed to then click on Advanced Boot
    Options and select Last Known Good. When I hit enter, it says to select OS or tab to select tool. The only OS displayed is Windows 7, I have Windows 10, so I opted to select the only tool indicated, Windows Memory Diagnostic, which loops me back to the Windows
    Boot Manager screen. If I hit F12, I get the Boot Menu, go to setup, go to advanced options, but there is no Last Known Good on there. Thestatus indicated is 0xc0000428.

BronxGirl 2342, May 16, 2018
  3. Computer only starts in safe mode

Hi,

To boot in Windows normally, please make sure that your computer is configured to
    Normal Startup in msconfig.

You can check it by following the steps below:

• Click Start, and then click Search.
    • Type msconfig, and then hit Enter.
    • Under the General tab, select Normal startup.
    • Under Boot tab, make sure safe boot is unchecked.
    • Click Apply, and then click OK.
    • Restart your computer.

Let us know how it goes.

Loraine Mon, May 16, 2018
Thema:

Computer will only start if I hit F12 and go to"Windows boot manager"

1. Computer will only start if I hit F12 and go to"Windows boot manager" - Similar Threads - Computer start hit

2. computer won't start wants system password and won't go to F12 Bios

in Windows 10 Gaming
    computer won't start wants system password and won't go to F12 Bios: After unexpected power outage computer won't start wants system password and won't go to F12 Bios https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/computer-wont-start-wants-system-password-and-wont/54f98f45-0046-44e9-97e5-6945e99de45d
  3. computer won't start wants system password and won't go to F12 Bios

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    computer won't start wants system password and won't go to F12 Bios: After unexpected power outage computer won't start wants system password and won't go to F12 Bios https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/computer-wont-start-wants-system-password-and-wont/54f98f45-0046-44e9-97e5-6945e99de45d
  4. computer won't start wants system password and won't go to F12 Bios

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Can only boot using F12. Boot Drive is nameless.

Can only boot using F12. Boot Drive is nameless.: Hi, whenever I open my PC I get the error "Reboot and Select Proper Boot Device."When I go to bios and try to change the boot priority I only have one option and it has no "Windows Boot Manager" label to it. Regardless, it is set as thatSo my only choice is to go to F12 and...
  6. Win10 boots only after the 2nd time I hit the power button.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Win10 boots only after the 2nd time I hit the power button.: Hey@all I have a HP x360 with Win10. The cold boot isssue occured the 1st time after replacing the original hp battery with a noname one. But the noname one seems to be from the same factory in china and the battery test didn't show any issues. The cold boot issue: I hit...
  7. Windows Boot Manager is only way to get computer going after update

Windows Boot Manager is only way to get computer going after update: I've got a nice I7 computer with 16 GB RAM that's been running every since Windows 7 days. It's about 7 or 8 years old now and I'm running Windows 10 on it. Just recently I rebuilt the thing using Windows 10 and an extra hard driver I had laying around. All went well until...
  8. Computer stuck on this screen. Can't hit f2 or f12 help please

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Computer stuck on this screen. Can't hit f2 or f12 help please: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/dumbthrowawayV2 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ghhuc5/computer_stuck_on_this_screen_cant_hit_f2_or_f12/
  9. I have to open boot manager (f12) and select my SSD or my PC will not boot

I have to open boot manager (f12) and select my SSD or my PC will not boot: This morning I woke up to my PC on the blue screen with the startup repair options. I tried various things to get my PC to boot but it would always boot to this screen. Eventually I discovered that if I went into the boot manager on startup by pressing f12 and selecting the...
  10. Window Boot Manager Issue - Will not boot without selecting F12

in Windows 10 Support
    Window Boot Manager Issue - Will not boot without selecting F12: Greetings y'all! My title is my BLUF (bottom-line up front). If this belongs in a different sub-section of the forum, sorry in advance. I just did a clean install of 10 Pro from a UEFI formatted thumb drive, using RUFUS - did that because I upgraded to a PNY CS2211...