Windows 10: computer wont come back to life with mouse movement

Discus and support computer wont come back to life with mouse movement in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi, A while back I discovered this thread, followed the advice and thought I had hibernate successfully disabled. Currently, there is no evidence... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by kitpzyxmsir, Apr 13, 2016.

1. computer wont come back to life with mouse movement

Hi,

A while back I discovered this thread, followed the advice and thought I had hibernate successfully disabled.

Currently, there is no evidence I have hibernate enabled. I have no hiberfil.sys file, the registry entry says it is disabled (all zeroes), the is no hibernate listed in advanced settings.

My tv doubles as a computer monitor. My current power settings are "turn off display in 10 minutes", "put the computer to sleep in 30 minutes".

However, sometimes, when I switch input from computer to TV, then return to the computer after an extended period of time, the computer wont come back to life with the mouse movement.

The power button is still lit, but instead of waking the computer up with a quick click, I must depress the button for several seconds, at which time the computer shuts down.

Does this sound familiar to anyone?

:)

kitpzyxmsir, Apr 13, 2016

2. mouse

why wont my mouse awake laptop upon movement of mouse ???? went device manager power management an checked box allow this device to wake computer still doesn't work ?????

john jnewman, Apr 13, 2016
  3. Smorboll Win User
    Cursor has a mind of its own

Are you using a mouse or a trackpad? If it is a mouse, is it a wired or wireless mouse and is it connected to a computer with a trackpad? -

Fix Random Mouse Movement:

• Disconnect and reconnect the mouse.
    • Connect other mice.
    • Reinstall mouse drivers.
    • Disconnect the cable (wired) or connection (wireless).
    • Try again in safe mode.
    Fix Random Trackpad Movement:

• Diable the trackpad and try a mouse.

Smorboll, Apr 13, 2016
Thema:

computer wont come back to life with mouse movement

1. computer wont come back to life with mouse movement - Similar Threads - computer wont life

2. Abnormal mouse movement

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Abnormal mouse movement: It's been days I've been dealing with this... Working Perfectly, Suddenly the mouse starts to move Abnormally !My touchpad too isn't causing it, its clean, no dust, still the problem persists...Please Help!...
  3. Mouse movement error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mouse movement error: hello guys got a problem here. i am facing a problem with my mouse it is not working properly as the cursor goes left when my mouse goes right and it goes right when mouse goes left. there is also another problem as my mouse is of redgear a15 when i press the decreasing dpi...
  4. Mouse movement error

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mouse movement error: hello guys got a problem here. i am facing a problem with my mouse it is not working properly as the cursor goes left when my mouse goes right and it goes right when mouse goes left. there is also another problem as my mouse is of redgear a15 when i press the decreasing dpi...
  5. Mouse movement error

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  6. New computer jerky mouse movement

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    New computer jerky mouse movement: I got a Lenovo a few weeks ago. The mouse movement is awful. It's almost always jerky. I see on the web a lot of solutions, some of them dating to 2015. Here's what my MSConfig shows: [img] [img] There's probably 200 services running. My previous computer did not have...
  7. After shutdown PC comes back to life

in Windows 10 Support
    After shutdown PC comes back to life: Recently, a while after shut down (not just sleeping) my PC re-boots automatically. I return to it to find it back on, at the Lock Screen. If the machine has been on like this for some time, with the charger disconnected, the battery has run down, sometimes to zero. On one...
  8. Mouse Movement

in Windows 10 Customization
    Mouse Movement: I am having unwanted mouse movement, specifically when trying to manage files. I'll select a file in a folder and then find the mouse has returned me to the top of the folder and the selected file (still selected) is off the screen.....
  9. Mouse's abnormal movements

Mouse's abnormal movements: I just don't know how to explain it. you can look at the picture I given you[ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mouses-abnormal-movements/f7c94a76-d997-4588-9360-630734fdb409
  10. Mouse movement pops various apps back to Desktop

Mouse movement pops various apps back to Desktop: Occasionally a slight mouse movement mysteriously switches me from various apps back to the Desktop. If I nudge the mouse again, I'm back in the app (and any keystrokes or actions I took while thinking I was in the app, but the Desktop was displayed, still occurred in the...