Windows 10: Computer wont recognise F Drive

Discus and support Computer wont recognise F Drive in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have been backing up to an F Drive on my computer but have now started backing up to an external hard drive. I deleted all the files from the F Drive... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Judesman, Oct 14, 2016.

1. Judesman Win User

Computer wont recognise F Drive

I have been backing up to an F Drive on my computer but have now started backing up to an external hard drive. I deleted all the files from the F Drive and re- formatted the disk. Now if I want to send a folder or file to the F Drive this drive does not appear in "Send". Perhaps I should not have re- formatted but how can I get the computer to recognise my F Drive? Any help please?

:)

Judesman, Oct 14, 2016

2. File History

I've connected a Seagate external hard drive to my Expansion Drive (FComputer wont recognise F Drive :). I was able to create a system image to this drive, but when I tried to use File History to copy files to the same hard drive, File History does not recognise the external hard drive
    in Drive (FComputer wont recognise F Drive :) and says that there is an unknown error.

Why is Drive (FComputer wont recognise F Drive :) recognised when I make a system image but not when I use File History, and what can I do to solve this problem?

WordsworthPrice, Oct 14, 2016
  3. CountMike New Member

Is it still seen as F drive in explorer and Disk management ?

CountMike, Oct 14, 2016
  4. Judesman Win User
    Yes. F Drive appears in Disk Management as 100% free and in Explorer. I can copy and paste to F but there is no link in Send to. Should there be a link in Send to? It is not entirely clear how I should use this second drive.

I also see in Explorer that my D Drive (My Passport Backup) appears twice, surely this can't be right. I am afraid I am a bit of a novice when it comes to Win 10. See attached.

Computer wont recognise F Drive [​IMG]

Judesman, Oct 14, 2016
  5. spunk Win User
    Double click the F: drive, if it is accessible then you can drag files into it, or your can Copy a file and Paste it into the F: Drive. If you want to add the F: drive to the Send To menu, go to Start/Search and type or copy and paste %APPDATA%\Microsoft\Windows\SendTo and press enter. resize the SendTo window so it takes up half the screen, Browse to Start/This PC, resize the window so it takes up the other half of the screen, Drag the F: drive icon into the SendTo window.

spunk, Oct 14, 2016
  6. Judesman Win User
    Many thanks, I now have a shortcut to F Drive in Send to, but it still isn't entirely clear to me how or why I should be using this drive now I am not using this for a backup.

Judesman, Oct 14, 2016
  7. CountMike New Member

Well, backup would be good use for it. You can also install some programs on it or make it a default for downloading etc. According to Murphy's law of storage: "Whatever free space you have, will be filled up".

CountMike, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Computer wont recognise F Drive - Similar Threads - Computer wont recognise

2. F DRIVE

in Windows 10 Gaming
    F DRIVE: Why is my f drive showing up as a DVD Drive https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/f-drive/72e71a13-1f05-4388-8d5b-a42053f005a8
  3. F DRIVE

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    F DRIVE: Why is my f drive showing up as a DVD Drive https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/f-drive/72e71a13-1f05-4388-8d5b-a42053f005a8
  4. new computer wont recognise monitor

new computer wont recognise monitor: I have been running my 18-month old HP pavilion for the last couple of weeks with Zoom and my Yuraki monitor about 10 years old with no issues. I have just bought a second pavilion computer, upgraded, and it is refusing to recognise the monitor. I have found advice about...
  5. F: drive

F: drive: Is the F: drive suppose to be on bluetooth? I am using an external harddrive on the F: drive I thought the F: drive was like the C: and D: drive https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/f-drive/2d86d318-0167-4928-b386-3b2cbf025f34
  6. why wont my computer recognise a new hard drive?

why wont my computer recognise a new hard drive?: my computer will not recognize a new hard drive which I installed. I have connected the internal cable to the new HD. Is there another cable which should be connected?...
  7. Drive f:

Drive f:: I can't find my drive f: to eject my flash drive. Where it is? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/drive-f/212e2e25-97fc-49f7-9ad9-ffc8fc1cf60e
  8. F drive

F drive: I have Windows 10 64 bit. I do not have a F drive. I have spent the whole day trying to solve problem. I am so frustrated I don't know what to do. I pay for Microsoft Office 365 yearly. I am not happy. Why do we have to do all the work? This should be taken care by...
  9. Drive F

Drive F: I own an HP Desktop. I have had it for many years. It is the standard HP hard drive which houses all my programs on the C drive. The D drive is if I want to delete everything and start fresh as though I just brought it home. The E drive is my DVD. I have a USB flash memory...
  10. F Drive

F Drive: Sorry guys I found I had a damaged card in the multi card device, there isn't a problem after all, Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/f-drive/45004289-18ac-48b0-b9ef-78b55fb1bd4d