Windows 10: Computer won't shut down, Windows 10.

Discus and support Computer won't shut down, Windows 10. in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I upgraded to Windows 10 from 7, everything went pretty smooth surprisingly, not perfect though. I was able to shut down my computer with 10 for some... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by ARNK, Sep 25, 2016.

1. ARNK Win User

Computer won't shut down, Windows 10.

I upgraded to Windows 10 from 7, everything went pretty smooth surprisingly, not perfect though. I was able to shut down my computer with 10 for some time, but all of a sudden the power button doesn't turn off. That is either through Start > Shut Down, or even holding the computers Shut Down button.

There are hundreds of posts to this problem, but none of the solutions offered seem to work in my case. Any idea what might be keeping it on? By the way, I didn't see any suspicious Microsoft Updates either.

Thanks for any insights.

:)

2. tanya285 Win User

Idling problem

After downloading Windows 10, every time my computer idles and I try to get back on the screen stays black and won't bring anything back up again. My computer is still on, but it won't let me do anything. Also, I have to press the power button to turn
    off my computer. It won't shut down after going through the start menu and selecting shut down; it just goes black like when it's idling and won't shut down or let me access anything.

tanya285, Sep 25, 2016
  3. my computer won't shut down properly.

Windows 10 - my computer won't shut down properly. I use the menu button shutdown and the screen goes blank, but the system does not fully shut down. The only way to get it to shut down is to hold the physical power
    button down till it shuts down. Any suggestions? Thanks In Advance.

RaihanMahmudBD, Sep 25, 2016
  4. Computer won't shut down, Windows 10.

Did you look in to the solution involving the Intel Management Engine driver? Your system specs don't say, so does the computer have an Intel chipset?

DeaconFrost, Sep 25, 2016
  5. ARNK Win User
    Yes, I did check the Intel Management Engine by uninstalling it and trying to update the driver. But no go. Sorry about the specs, I'll add them momentarily.

6. ARNK Win User
    I've updated my specs list. Is there anything in particular you'd be looking for? Something not on the list, perhaps external hard drives, peripheral devices, etc? I spend more time trying to get Windows to work than getting any actual work done.

7. Whatphoeb Win User
    This works:
    Device Manager/ System Devices/ Intel(R) Management Engine Interface
    Then: right click properties and select driver, uninstall and OK.
    Next reboot, check driver - should have rolled back to an earlier version.

Whatphoeb, Sep 26, 2016
  8. ARNK Win User

Nah, not for me unfortunately. I tried updating the driver, uninstalling it, rolling it back, whatever...computer will not shut down. That is, either by Power > Shut Down or pressing the On/Off button on my computer.

ARNK, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Computer won't shut down, Windows 10. - Similar Threads - Computer won't shut

2. Computer won't fully shut down

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer won't fully shut down: Simply put, my computer won't fully shut down for some reason. I select to shut down the computer and it seems to shut down as it always does. However, LEDs, Fans, etc. are still running while my monitor shows no connection to the computer. I've seen that people suggested...
  3. Computer won't fully shut down

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Computer won't fully shut down: Simply put, my computer won't fully shut down for some reason. I select to shut down the computer and it seems to shut down as it always does. However, LEDs, Fans, etc. are still running while my monitor shows no connection to the computer. I've seen that people suggested...
  4. Computer won't fully shut down

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. windows 10 won't shut down

windows 10 won't shut down: Windows 10 won't shut down using shut down button https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-wont-shut-down/f0986520-911f-4dad-83cb-73f781806b04
  6. Computer freezes/won't shut down

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Computer freezes/won't shut down: My computer randomly locks up. I can move the mouse and call the task manager but programs freeze and when I try to restart/shut down the blue screen appears with the rotating dots but my computer will never shut down. I've left it alone for over 10 hours and nothing happens....
  7. Computer won't shut down

Computer won't shut down: I installed a new modem today, and got rid of the older one. This went fine and I'm able to surf and have a private wifi. But, when I clicked "Shut down" from the popup menu, my computer appeared to restart. I had left my desk and then noticed a light was showing behind the...
  8. my computer won't shut down

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    my computer won't shut down: when i go to shutdown my computer, the button doesn't work. the other buttons also don't do anything. can someone help me? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-computer-wont-shut-down/130d52fc-8598-4bfb-82fb-ef40a317728e
  9. My computer won't shut down.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    My computer won't shut down.: I have recently upgraded from Windows 7 and I didn't have this issue there. Whenever I shut down windows, it shuts down and then, no more than a second later starts up again. This is very annoying - every time I shutdown I have to wait for it to start up again and then shut...
  10. Windows 10 won't shut down.

Windows 10 won't shut down.: From some days I'm having issue with windows shutdown.After clicking on shutdown,blue screen appears with shutting down written on it and then screen becomes blank and windows desktop appears. What should I do?...