Windows 10: Computer Won't Stay in Sleep Mode

Discus and support Computer Won't Stay in Sleep Mode in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Whenever I put my computer into sleep mode, it goes to sleep normally, but then about a second after the fans stop spinning, the whole thing comes out... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by rbesfe, Jul 6, 2016.

1. rbesfe Win User

Computer Won't Stay in Sleep Mode

Whenever I put my computer into sleep mode, it goes to sleep normally, but then about a second after the fans stop spinning, the whole thing comes out of sleep mode as if a button was pressed or something. Power cfg -requests gives me

DISPLAY:
    None.

SYSTEM:
    [DRIVER] \FileSystem\servnet
    An active remote client has recently sent requests to this machine.

AWAYMODE:
    None.

EXECUTION:
    None.

PERFBOOST:
    [DRIVER] Legacy Kernel Caller

I have checked my network adapter to make sure that it is unable to wake the computer, so I am kind of stuck right now. Any ideas?

:)

rbesfe, Jul 6, 2016

2. Computer Won't Stay in Sleep Mode

Please see update below. Still having issues on this and would like to get it resolved.

• Windows version is "Version 1703 (OS Build 15063.726)"
    • I have taken the following steps so far:
      • checked all devices and ensure none of them are allowed to wake the computer from sleep.
      • I contacted Dell and updated my BIOS
    Neither of the above have fixed my problem. Any help would be most appreciated.

Thanks,

NeilSheehan, Jul 6, 2016
  3. Computer Won't Stay in Sleep Mode

Please see details below:

• Which version or build of Windows device are you using? To know, press
      Windows + R
      to open the Run window. Type winver
      and press Enter. A new window will open showing the version and build number of your Windows device.
      • Version 1703 (OS Build 15063.726)
    • What were the recent changes made on your computer before you experienced this issue?
      • No changes this is a brand new computer.
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?
      • I have only played around with power management settings and disabled the "allow this device to wake the computer" setting.
    • What is the make and model of your computer?
      • Alienware Aurora R7
    • Have you already updated your BIOS settings by downloading the drivers from the manufacturer’s website?
      • I haven't done this but it says I am up to date.
    • Can you send us a screenshot of your Advanced Power Settings?
      • I am not sure how to do this. Its in power saver mode and monitor and PC are set to go into sleep mode after 2 minutes
    • Did you receive any error messages?
      • No

NeilSheehan, Jul 6, 2016
  4. Bastet Win User

If you're still having problems with PC staying asleep check the settings here:
    Have you checked the settings here:
    PowerOptions>Edit plan settings>change advanced power settings>Sleep>Change settings to disable.

Bastet, Jul 22, 2016
Thema:

1. Computer Won't Stay in Sleep Mode - Similar Threads - Computer Won't Stay

2. My computer won't go to sleep mode

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    My computer won't go to sleep mode: I set my computer to sleep in 30 mins. when I got back home after 3 hours it is still open. How to make it sleep? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-computer-wont-go-to-sleep-mode/50d8d80f-1474-42e3-9879-1a8747e0af8d
  3. New Windows 11 computer won't stay in sleep mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    New Windows 11 computer won't stay in sleep mode: So I bought a new computer with Face Recognition so I wouldn't have to continually use Touch ID and I'm thinking now it was a mistake. Every time I put it to sleep, within a few minutes the IR camera senses me at my desk and wakes it up. I've tried putting it to sleep from...
  4. New Windows 11 computer won't stay in sleep mode

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    New Windows 11 computer won't stay in sleep mode: So I bought a new computer with Face Recognition so I wouldn't have to continually use Touch ID and I'm thinking now it was a mistake. Every time I put it to sleep, within a few minutes the IR camera senses me at my desk and wakes it up. I've tried putting it to sleep from...
  5. computer not staying in sleep mode

computer not staying in sleep mode: Unbelievably as it might seem, in so many years since this problem has been reported, the wise guys at microsoft could not fix it. I already had a computer broken because it woke up during the night and started auto processing dna strands matching with three gpu cards and all...
  6. computer not staying in sleep mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    computer not staying in sleep mode: Unbelievably as it might seem, in so many years since this problem has been reported, the wise guys at microsoft could not fix it. I already had a computer broken because it woke up during the night and started auto processing dna strands matching with three gpu cards and all...
  7. computer not staying in sleep mode

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Computer stays in sleep mode

Computer stays in sleep mode: I am running Windows 10, version 21H1. Today my computer went into sleep mode. On-Off button was flashing as usual. However, when I moved the mouse or touched several different keys on the keyboard, nothing happened. It remained in sleep mode. I pressed and held the on-off...
  9. my computer will no longer stay in sleep mode

my computer will no longer stay in sleep mode: never was a problem, but in last few weeks sleep mode only lasts for less than a minute. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-computer-will-no-longer-stay-in-sleep-mode/a03116e9-c315-4d04-8ba7-0244285e0d02
  10. PC won't stay in sleep?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    PC won't stay in sleep?: I've had an issue for a long time now, whenever I set my pc to sleep it goes down, but immediately wakes back up. I'm on inside builds, is this a known issue? submitted by /u/ishamm [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/fr7h0y/pc_wont_stay_in_sleep/