Windows 10: Computer Won't Stay in Sleep Mode

Discus and support Computer Won't Stay in Sleep Mode in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Whenever I put my computer into sleep mode, it goes to sleep normally, but then about a second after the fans stop spinning, the whole thing comes out... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by rbesfe, Jul 6, 2016.

1. rbesfe Win User

Computer Won't Stay in Sleep Mode

Whenever I put my computer into sleep mode, it goes to sleep normally, but then about a second after the fans stop spinning, the whole thing comes out of sleep mode as if a button was pressed or something. Power cfg -requests gives me

DISPLAY:
    None.

SYSTEM:
    [DRIVER] \FileSystem\servnet
    An active remote client has recently sent requests to this machine.

AWAYMODE:
    None.

EXECUTION:
    None.

PERFBOOST:
    [DRIVER] Legacy Kernel Caller

I have checked my network adapter to make sure that it is unable to wake the computer, so I am kind of stuck right now. Any ideas?

:)

rbesfe, Jul 6, 2016

2. Computer Won't Stay in Sleep Mode

Please see update below. Still having issues on this and would like to get it resolved.

• Windows version is "Version 1703 (OS Build 15063.726)"
    • I have taken the following steps so far:
      • checked all devices and ensure none of them are allowed to wake the computer from sleep.
      • I contacted Dell and updated my BIOS
    Neither of the above have fixed my problem. Any help would be most appreciated.

Thanks,

NeilSheehan, Jul 6, 2016
  3. Computer Won't Stay in Sleep Mode

Please see details below:

• Which version or build of Windows device are you using? To know, press
      Windows + R
      to open the Run window. Type winver
      and press Enter. A new window will open showing the version and build number of your Windows device.
      • Version 1703 (OS Build 15063.726)
    • What were the recent changes made on your computer before you experienced this issue?
      • No changes this is a brand new computer.
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?
      • I have only played around with power management settings and disabled the "allow this device to wake the computer" setting.
    • What is the make and model of your computer?
      • Alienware Aurora R7
    • Have you already updated your BIOS settings by downloading the drivers from the manufacturer’s website?
      • I haven't done this but it says I am up to date.
    • Can you send us a screenshot of your Advanced Power Settings?
      • I am not sure how to do this. Its in power saver mode and monitor and PC are set to go into sleep mode after 2 minutes
    • Did you receive any error messages?
      • No

NeilSheehan, Jul 6, 2016
  4. Bastet Win User

If you're still having problems with PC staying asleep check the settings here:
    Have you checked the settings here:
    PowerOptions>Edit plan settings>change advanced power settings>Sleep>Change settings to disable.

Bastet, Jul 22, 2016
Thema:

1. Computer Won't Stay in Sleep Mode - Similar Threads - Computer Won't Stay

2. Computer won't wake from sleep mode (Windows 10)

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Computer won't wake from sleep mode (Windows 10): Since this question is closed for new comments I suggest we reopen it. Computer won't wake from sleep mode (Windows 10) Prior to the latest update the PC won't wake up from sleep. I do not know if this is a HW specific problem, drivers or whatever... but I need to know...
  3. Computer won't sleep if it needs to update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Computer won't sleep if it needs to update: This is extremely frustrating issue that I can't seem to do anything about. My computer, whenever microsoft deigns to give us an update for windows 10, will not stay asleep nor go to sleep on its own. I will put it to sleep after I'm done with it for the night only to have...
  4. PC Won't Go Into Sleep Mode

in Windows 10 Support
    PC Won't Go Into Sleep Mode: Hi everyone, I wasn't sure if this is the correct forum in which to post this - apologies if I'm wrong. I have an Acer Revo One that is installed with Win 10 build 1803 that refuses to go into Sleep Mode. The display closes as specified, but the PC itself won't. Having...
  5. Multiple computers won't wake out of sleep mode/start in sleep mode

Multiple computers won't wake out of sleep mode/start in sleep mode: My computer would not boot up, and I tried everything I knew to get it to work to no avail. Got a new computer, everything was fine until - it went into sleep mode and wouldn't wake up. Reboot = sleep mode and won't wake up. All I have is a black screen. I've tried switching...
  6. Urgent help with PC that wont stay in sleep mode!

Urgent help with PC that wont stay in sleep mode!: I really need some help. I have a custom built PC. Ever since then I haven't been able to go into sleep mode. As soon as I click Sleep the system powers down for few seconds then powers straight back on to show me login screen. For better insight on the issue I would suggest...
  7. Computer Will Not Go to Sleep or Stay Asleep

in Windows 10 Support
    Computer Will Not Go to Sleep or Stay Asleep: Computers and proper sleep have been the bane of my existence for years. Sleep issues prove extra difficult to diagnose, in spite of hours and hours of research, because you have to wait and see what happens. I am an experienced builder, and a relatively competent...
  8. Won't come out of sleep mode.

in Windows 10 Support
    Won't come out of sleep mode.: I have a Dell laptop with Windows 10 on it. When it goes into sleep mode, if I swipe the touch pad within a few seconds it will come out of sleep mode. However if I'm not at the computer so that it is in sleep mode for a while, then when I swipe the touch to pad wake it up...
  9. Computer won't shutdown or sleep.

in Windows 10 Support
    Computer won't shutdown or sleep.: I have installed W10 twice using the update feature. Everything work fine except when I want to shutdown or put the machine to sleep by clicking on those options, the machine makes noise like the HD is working. It then just shuts down and reboots again. The only way I can...
  10. computer won't sleep correctly.

in Windows 10 Support
    computer won't sleep correctly.: I am having this bizarre problem ever since I got my new ssd. if I select "sleep" it basically shuts down. I can turn it back on with the keyboard but it shows the boot logo and I lose everything this happened when I got the ssd and clean installed it. I went to do a reset...