Windows 10: Computers can't see each other after upgrade to 1803

Discus and support Computers can't see each other after upgrade to 1803 in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I've never used Homegroup but my two boxes always saw each other and shared files just fine. I have some networked TV tuners and 2 NAS's and they are... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Beerlord, May 6, 2018.

1. Beerlord Win User

Computers can't see each other after upgrade to 1803

I've never used Homegroup but my two boxes always saw each other and shared files just fine. I have some networked TV tuners and 2 NAS's and they are seen with no problem but the two computers don't share at all. I've tried sharing only certain folders or files with no luck. Turned off firewalls and antivirus with no luck. Ran certain netshare commands I found on the University of Google with no luck and am curious what in 1803 caused this to change.
    I feel it's something simple but after 3 days of head banging, I guess I have to live with it.

:)

Beerlord, May 6, 2018
Thema:

Computers can't see each other after upgrade to 1803

1. Computers can't see each other after upgrade to 1803 - Similar Threads - Computers can't each

2. Desktop and laptop can't see each other over Ethernet

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Desktop and laptop can't see each other over Ethernet: I recently upgraded from Win7 to Win10 on my laptop (desktop was already on Win10). Before the upgrade, both PCs could see each other over my network, whether hardwired over Ethernet or over WiFi. After the upgrade, neither can see the other. Both have network discovery...
  3. Computers can't see each other on workgroup

Computers can't see each other on workgroup: Recently added both laptops to a workgroup as suggested here to enable file sharing and it worked perfectly. Then suddenly today 1 of the computers can't see the other one. Laptop 1 can't see laptop 2 1 did have a Pin as security while 2 had a password. I've changed 1 to...
  4. One computer can't see all the others on the network

One computer can't see all the others on the network: I have four computers on the same network. Three of them can see all the other computers, but one can not. It only sees one computer. I have tried a few things but can't get Computer A lets call it to see any more than one computer. Any help? 114581
  5. Desktop and Laptop can't see each other on P2P cable set-up

Desktop and Laptop can't see each other on P2P cable set-up: I have a bit of an urgent problem with my P2P network. My laptop is failing and needs repair but the drive is fine I believe, so I urgently need to do a system image backup to my desktop PC. I usually do this by disabling WIFI on both machines, and connecting the two...
  6. Can't see other devices in Network browser after 1803

Can't see other devices in Network browser after 1803: Hey, I have two machines that were updated to 1803, other than that I have few NVIDIA SHIELDs on the same network. On the first Windows machine I took the next steps and devices & computers re-appeared on my network browser. On the second machine no matter what I've tried,...
  7. One Computer Can't See The Other but the Second Can See the First

One Computer Can't See The Other but the Second Can See the First: I have 2 Windows 10 desktops on the same router via Ethernet. My main computer (Frankenstein) does not see the second (Dracula) when I go ot Network in the file explorer but Dracula does see Frankenstein. If I run \\dracula from frankenstein, I see the shares and can access...
  8. Can't see other computers on my network

Can't see other computers on my network: I have two Win 7 computers on my wired network and 6 Win XP computers on this same network. This main computer was Win 7 and just upgraded to Win 10 in November. For a year this network has worked just fine, plug and play basically when I set it up, now after Christmas...
  9. Home network - not all computers can see each other

Home network - not all computers can see each other: Hello, Here's my problem. We have three PCs (one a laptop) connected to our router. Mine, is W10 Pro x64, hardwires into the router; my wife has a W10 Home x64 laptop, connected by an ethernet power plug, and downstairs we have a W7 Pro x64 working as a media server....
  10. Suddenly can't see other computers on network

Suddenly can't see other computers on network: We have three Windows 10 computers (2 desktop, 1 laptop) on a local network. All are in the same workgroup, all have discovery and sharing turned on on private/guest/all networks, password protection off, etc. Everything was working great until about a week ago. We don't know...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. 1803 cant see other computers

2. running win 10 version 1803 but still cant see other computers on the network