Computers can't see each other after upgrade to 1803

Discus and support Computers can't see each other after upgrade to 1803 in Windows 10 Network and Sharing on Windows 10 Forums to solve the problem; I've never used Homegroup but my two boxes always saw each other and shared files just fine. I have some networked TV tuners and 2 NAS's and they are... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Beerlord, May 6, 2018.

1. Beerlord Win User

I've never used Homegroup but my two boxes always saw each other and shared files just fine. I have some networked TV tuners and 2 NAS's and they are seen with no problem but the two computers don't share at all. I've tried sharing only certain folders or files with no luck. Turned off firewalls and antivirus with no luck. Ran certain netshare commands I found on the University of Google with no luck and am curious what in 1803 caused this to change.
    I feel it's something simple but after 3 days of head banging, I guess I have to live with it.

:)

Thema:

Computers can't see each other after upgrade to 1803

Computers can't see each other after upgrade to 1803 - Similar Threads - Computers can't each

Forum Date

Can't network computers after update

Can't network computers after update: After updating to latest version of Windows, I can no longer network my computers. I know Homegroup went away, but I never used it anyway. I have two identical laptops the share the same problem. I have made sure the hard drives are set up for sharing. I have a tablet...
Windows 10 Network and Sharing May 6, 2018

Windows updated - Map network drive can't find my computer

Windows updated - Map network drive can't find my computer: Got the new update (Build 16299.192), went to map a folder on my computer and Browse for Folder did not list my computer or the Ubuntu computer, only my wife's is listed. The mapped drives I already have work just fine but if I want to add another folder and they are not...
Windows 10 Network and Sharing Jan 6, 2018

Can't copy files to other network computers

Can't copy files to other network computers: Using Windows 10 Explorer, I can't copy a file from this main computer to any other network computer. Right now, I get an "Interrupted - 0% Complete" window that pops up and freezes. By the way, XXCopy does in fact work and clones folders from one computer to another. Now...
Windows 10 Network and Sharing Dec 25, 2017

One Computer Can't See The Other but the Second Can See the First

One Computer Can't See The Other but the Second Can See the First: I have 2 Windows 10 desktops on the same router via Ethernet. My main computer (Frankenstein) does not see the second (Dracula) when I go ot Network in the file explorer but Dracula does see Frankenstein. If I run \\dracula from frankenstein, I see the shares and can access...
Windows 10 Network and Sharing Oct 22, 2017

1709 broke my networking now my computers can't be accessed

1709 broke my networking now my computers can't be accessed: I have 3 computers. On 1703 all computers talk to each other via shared folders without passwords on my private network. 1=desktop=1709=wired, 2=laptop=wireless=1709, 3=laptop=wireless=1703, All units can access my NAS b4 and after the update. I updated 2 from 1703 to 1709...
Windows 10 Network and Sharing Oct 20, 2017

My computer can't connect to the internet via Ethernet cable

My computer can't connect to the internet via Ethernet cable: I just got my first pc and I turned it on and I tried connecting it to the internet, there was no routers showing up so I troubleshooted and it said I didn't have an Ethernet cable plugged in but aren't I supposed to be able to connect wirelessly? It's a modern gaming...
Windows 10 Network and Sharing Oct 6, 2017

Suddenly can't see other computers on network

Suddenly can't see other computers on network: We have three Windows 10 computers (2 desktop, 1 laptop) on a local network. All are in the same workgroup, all have discovery and sharing turned on on private/guest/all networks, password protection off, etc. Everything was working great until about a week ago. We don't know...
Windows 10 Network and Sharing May 18, 2017

XP Can't see WIndows 10 computers on workgroup

XP Can't see WIndows 10 computers on workgroup: Ever since I updated my two work computers to the Creators Update version, I can no longer see them from Windows XP when I try to browse via Network Connections. I can see them if I reference them directly via the UNC name,I.E. \\SHOP10HX64 or \\SHOP10PX64. This was...
Windows 10 Network and Sharing May 12, 2017

Can't access my computer

Can't access my computer: New computer, set up networking to all the other computers (4) on my network, now trying to map some locations on my computer, click on the computer name and nothing happens, it doesn't expand. Network discovery is turned on as well as file and print sharing. This computer...
Windows 10 Network and Sharing Feb 19, 2017

Homegroup Issues/14986 build. Can't get either computer to sync time

Homegroup Issues/14986 build. Can't get either computer to sync time: I am unsure if this is the issue. I am continually been having trouble with this issue of getting the Homegroup to work lately. I run the troubleshooter and get the error regarding date/time sync. However, when I go to date and time settings and try to sync via either...
Windows 10 Network and Sharing Dec 27, 2016
Computers can't see each other after upgrade to 1803 solved