Windows 10: Computers extremely slow since 1607 update

Discus and support Computers extremely slow since 1607 update in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; We have two identical laptops in this household and the same problem has been happening on both of them. Since the Anniversary update 1607 (Cumulative... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by AbridgedPause, Sep 23, 2016.

1. Computers extremely slow since 1607 update

We have two identical laptops in this household and the same problem has been happening on both of them. Since the Anniversary update 1607 (Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1607 for x64-based Systems (KB3189866)), the computers have been ridiculously slow and running at 100% Disk 0 performance all the time. This is the case even after a full restart. My startup aps are the same as they were prior to the update and I never had such latency. I have done defrags, disc cleanups, malware and virus scans, and nothing is detected. But again, this only started happening after the Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1607 for x64-based Systems, on September 15th.

Fresh from a restart, it takes over 10 seconds for an empty/new Notepad file to open.

I don't know where to start in figuring out how to fix this. Suggestions would be wonderful.

:)

AbridgedPause, Sep 23, 2016

2. new windows ten update

since new windows 10 update, performance is extremely slow with very slow start-up time

GaryCatlett, Sep 23, 2016
  3. RDP very slow start after update to 1607

Since the windows 10 PRO 1607 update, I find the initial RDP connection extremely slow and lagging when use from external network.

This problem is not only find on my infrastructure. I experience the same problem with different customers.

I tried to turn off the "improved" firewall and notice no improvement.

What Microsoft changed to achieve this degradation?

Edouard_bim, Sep 23, 2016
  4. dalchina New Member

Computers extremely slow since 1607 update

Hello,
    1. Could you please post a sceenshot (or clear photo if easier) of your task manager? Organise this so that the processes using the most resources are at the top by clicking the relevant tab.

Repeat as necessary for CPU & disk use.

2. Please try a clean boot. Is there any change?

From this (UK) list, your laptop is not approved by Dell for upgrade to Win 10.. could you comment if you have other evidence?
    http://www.dell.com/support/article/...54#Inspiron-NB

dalchina, Sep 23, 2016
  5. Adalwar Win User
    I was affected from same problem.
    My main problem was related to a corrupted App. This is a Upgraded System from 8.1 and I believe I had problems with "old" apps.
    Look in Event Viewer if there any errors.
    Try to troubleshoot Store . Control Panel>Troubleshooting>View All> Windows Store Apps
    Try to reset Store : WSreset.exe
    See also here : Apps - Uninstall in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums

Adalwar, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Computers extremely slow since 1607 update

1. Computers extremely slow since 1607 update - Similar Threads - Computers extremely slow

2. Computer extremely slow overnight

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer extremely slow overnight: Hello, I dont know why, my computer became extremely slow overnight, the startup takes 5 minutes to get in the login screen instead of 10 seconds, after login I get a black screen with mouse for 10 minutes then just my screenshot without any shortcuts, by clicking on the...
  3. Computer extremely slow overnight

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer extremely slow overnight: Hello, I dont know why, my computer became extremely slow overnight, the startup takes 5 minutes to get in the login screen instead of 10 seconds, after login I get a black screen with mouse for 10 minutes then just my screenshot without any shortcuts, by clicking on the...
  4. Computer extremely slow overnight

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Updated to Windows 11 and now computer is extremely slow

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Updated to Windows 11 and now computer is extremely slow: I have just upgraded to Windows 11 Version H21H2 and now my system has become extremely slow. When I try to open a site, it takes quite a while for it to open. When I try to download a file, it's a long delay. I did not have this problem before the update. Do I need to roll...
  6. Computer running extremely slow after latest update.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Computer running extremely slow after latest update.: After I switch off last night to install update and turn on this morning, it takes forever for anything to start up and some apps don't start. submitted by /u/league_of_demacia [link] [comments]...
  7. No sound and slow computer since update

No sound and slow computer since update: I am having problems with slow computer and no sound. This occurred after an update but I'm not sure which one. There were 2 updates on 5/14/2020 Cumulative Update for .NET Framework 3.5 and 4.8 for Windows 10 version 1909 for x64 [kb455293] and Cumulative Update for Windows...
  8. Computer extremely slow after 1909 update.

Computer extremely slow after 1909 update.: Not sure if this question has been asked before, so if it has I apologize. I have a new computer about a week old. Basic's on it are a 9700k processor, RTX 2080 Super, 16 gigs and an SSD that Windows is currently installed on. When I fist got the computer everything was...
  9. computer running extremely slow

computer running extremely slow: computer running extremely slow https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/computer-running-extremely-slow/26b8dc66-77ca-43d2-8036-74b46f9e0ec6
  10. Grey Boxes Since 1607 Update

in Windows 10 Support
    Grey Boxes Since 1607 Update: Just did the 1607 update on my HP laptop with Win10 originally installed. Since the update every site I visited using Chrome browser would display grey boxes of varying sizes in different places on the site that would slow loading and eventually fill in with text or images....