Windows 10: Computers/NAS not showing up in Network ->Windows Explorer after th2 u

Discus and support Computers/NAS not showing up in Network ->Windows Explorer after th2 u in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; As the title says. I can reach them by the quick access shortcuts I added before the upgrade but they don't show up in WE Network. Rebooting my WD... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by DoItJust, Nov 14, 2015.

1. DoItJust Win User

Computers/NAS not showing up in Network ->Windows Explorer after th2 u

As the title says.
    I can reach them by the quick access shortcuts I added before the upgrade but they don't show up in WE Network.
    Rebooting my WD MyCloud solves the problem until next time I reboot my Win10 c.

:)

DoItJust, Nov 14, 2015
  2. James Van Win User

Win 10 File Explorer Can't Access NAS HDs

Just some further data. When I open File Explorer the NAS doesn't show up anywhere. But, if I click on Network in the left window, the NAS shows up in the right window as Network Storage. But, clicking on the icon only takes me to the NAS web page. No access
    to the HDs on the NAS.

Regards, Jim

James Van, Nov 14, 2015
  3. Alex_703 Win User
    Network computers not showing up in File Explorer ?

Okay thanks. It works now.

Just had to select of the SMB options and reset network and firewall setting to default.

Alex_703, Nov 14, 2015
  4. vram Win User

I have a similar issue. I created a Homegroup and joined one wired PC and one wireless PC. From the Explorer side pane, the wireless PC lists the wired PC, but the wired PC doesn't list any PCs under the network side pane. I can however browse the wireless PC from the wired PC by typing "\\PCNAME" in the Run box.

* Network Discovery is enabled on both PCs
    * File/Printer Sharing is enabled on both PCs
    * Password protected Sharing is enabled on both PCs
    * I can Ping the wireless PC
    * Using MS Accounts and Passwords, not using PINs

On a positive note, the November update seems to have cured my intermittent Homegroup connectivity problems "Network Path not Found" error that has plagued me since Windows 7. It would be nice to fix the above glitch, though.

5. DoItJust Win User
    Well, I just returned to the previous build and everything works just fine again. Don't really need the upgrade since it just screws up everything; settings, apps you removed, network discovery etc. etc. etc. Nothing interesting is added and the fixes concerns functions I don't use or care about. It's all a f..cking scam and hype.
    Atm I,ve hidden the th2 upgrade.
    However, it would be good to find out what MS changed and the remedy*Smile

Anyone? MS fanboys/girls, where are U*Wink

DoItJust, Nov 14, 2015
  6. DoItJust Win User
    DoItJust, Nov 14, 2015
  7. NavyLCDR New Member
    I don't really know how to help. When I updated to build 10586 all of my networking functions remained intact. NAS still there and showing up everywhere it should, network printers still working, stock RDP still working (except the new termsrv.dll broke RDP wrapper), all my computers still show up and talk to each other the way they are supposed to and the way they always have. I have hated homegroup since the day it came out, so I have never used it, I have always set up my shares manually.

I've got 9 computers and about 10 android devices on the network, mixed ethernet and wifi. 2 network printers, 1 NAS/media server, 3 routers - 1 on a wireless bridge, and one switch/hub, oh and my daughter's XBox and 2 Dish Network receivers.

NavyLCDR, Nov 18, 2015
  8. DoItJust Win User

Well, thanks for taking time to reply! From the discussions going on in here I can only draw the conclusion that something is wrong with the th2 update. I have two Win 7 x64 computers, one MacBook Air and one WD NAS on the network and as soon as I updated to th2 they all disappeared except one of the Win7 x64 machines. No homegroup setup. Everything on the network is reachable by name but cannot be seen. Going back to 10240 solved all the problems. I decided to stay there, in the long run not a good solution but what else can I do?
    I believe we just have to wait for MS to recognise the problem and do something about it.

DoItJust, Nov 18, 2015
  9. DoItJust Win User
    It feels good to be on par with the version number again*Smile

DoItJust, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Computers/NAS not showing up in Network ->Windows Explorer after th2 u - Similar Threads - Computers NAS showing

2. NAS Drive not Showing on Network in Windows 11

in Windows 10 News
    NAS Drive not Showing on Network in Windows 11: [ATTACH]Network-attached storage (NAS) devices are network-connected storage solutions that offer a centralized repository for storing and sharing data across networks. It’s like having a private cloud that provides all the benefits of a public cloud on-site, giving you...
  3. Reconnect NAS/network share in Explorer after location change

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Reconnect NAS/network share in Explorer after location change: Hello,I have a question about a network share folders on the NAS. A client of ours works in two locations for his company.The NAS is located at location A. He can link to the IP address of the NAS directly here in his Windows Explorer, adding the corresponding folder to his...
  4. Reconnect NAS/network share in Explorer after location change

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Reconnect NAS/network share in Explorer after location change: Hello,I have a question about a network share folders on the NAS. A client of ours works in two locations for his company.The NAS is located at location A. He can link to the IP address of the NAS directly here in his Windows Explorer, adding the corresponding folder to his...
  5. Networked computer not showing up

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Networked computer not showing up: I've just installed Win10 on a small networked computer ethernet, which previously had Win7 on it. I access it most frequently from my desktop computer, also connected via ethernet. I have set up sharing on this computer, and can see, access, and write to folders on it, on...
  6. Networking: Computers no longer show up on network.

Networking: Computers no longer show up on network.: I suddenly have an issue with no computers showing up on the network on one of my computers which us connected via ethernet. A second computer on the ethernet lists all computers but cannot access the first one and a third on wifi lists the first ethernet computer. All...
  7. Computers not showing up on network

Computers not showing up on network: I have a network of 5 computers- are on Private Networks, but 4 computers recognize 4 computers but not the 5th, while the 5th computer recognizes all 5 computers. I can't map any network drive to 5th since it isn't recognized on the list. Also, don't know if this matters,...
  8. Computers not showing up under Network in Files Explorer

Computers not showing up under Network in Files Explorer: Installed a new modem/router combo, now none of the local network computers show up under Network in Files Explorer. I have a Pro tablet, a laptop, and 2 desktops on the home network. I am "guessing" it has to do with some modem setting, not a clue where to start looking....
  9. MyCloud NAS not showing up in Network computers

MyCloud NAS not showing up in Network computers: Hi everyone! Just got an ASUS ZenBook UX305 and am having trouble mapping network drives as I can't connect to the devices via explorer (either in the list in Network under "computers" or my manually browsing to the device name or the IP address). It's like it doesn't...
  10. 1 of 2 NAS boxes not showing under NETWORK in Explorer

1 of 2 NAS boxes not showing under NETWORK in Explorer: I'd like to have the 2 PCs on my network and the 2 NAS boxes show under NETWORK in my Explorer window. What normally appears are the 2 PCs and one of the NAS boxes. See attached screen shot. If I type the 2nd NAS box address in the Explorer at the top, it will appear in the...