Windows 10: computers with same name on LAN problem

Discus and support computers with same name on LAN problem in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi there If I have two computers on a LAN with the same name Windows can't see the rest of the network but only the individual computer you are logged... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by jimbo45, Aug 22, 2018.

1. jimbo45 Win User

computers with same name on LAN problem

Hi there

If I have two computers on a LAN with the same name Windows can't see the rest of the network but only the individual computer you are logged on to.

All these machines connected via Ethernet cable (not wireless).

Windows 10 PRO x-64 latest standard build (not insider - not tested this "feature" on that yet).

Change the name then all computers are visible.

I'm sure this must be a defect -- there's no reason on a LAN with several computers people might have called their computers by the same name !!! (Note computer name not description).

Cheers
    jimbo

:)

jimbo45, Aug 22, 2018
  2. newtekie1 Win User

Good LAN party games?

Most of my suggestions have already been listed.

However, I found Swat4 to actually be a pretty fun LAN game, especially at smaller LAN parties.

newtekie1, Aug 22, 2018
  3. Organizing a LAN party...

I would like to get a step-by-step way to build a lan party with my automatic hub. Anyone can point me a linkj with lot of explanations? Like the ip configuration, how its working, what setup i need in each computers etc thx

MohawkAngel, Aug 22, 2018
  4. Jetster Win User

Need some advice on computer problems.

Run HDtune (free version) on you hard drive. but most likely that the problem. You can also test your memory with Memtest86 as suggested above

You didn't list your OS

Jetster, Aug 22, 2018
Thema:

1. computers with same name on LAN problem - Similar Threads - computers same name

2. Same file name on same folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Same file name on same folder: Hi . I have windows 10 And it hepend few times that i same file name and same file format qt the same folderThis time i didnt change the name of the exact filesI just download the files from email and download two times than put them on the same folder..and it let me...Ive...
  3. 2 Startup folders with the exact same name in the same name

in Windows 10 Gaming
    2 Startup folders with the exact same name in the same name: i have 2 startup folders in the same folder for some unknown to me reason. When i put in "shells:startup" in Run it opens up a startup folder thats read only and its empty whenever i try to change it to not be read only it just reapplies after the properties window closes...
  4. Explorer-Network does not keep all computer names on LAN

Explorer-Network does not keep all computer names on LAN: I have to re-enter them via the Address bar. Does anyone know why or how to make them stay there ? They used to and its just changed for some reason. TIA....
  5. can two PC on the LAN share the same user name for network shares?

can two PC on the LAN share the same user name for network shares?: Or is that going to be a problem. As in you connect to a network computer, and it asks for the user name and the password. And 2 of the PC have the same user name. 169491
  6. Find Host names of all computers on LAN

Find Host names of all computers on LAN: Hi folks when file explorer doesn't show all computers on a Lan is there any script that I can use to find the HOSTNAMES / COMPUTER NAMES when I can get their IP addresses I can get the IP address easily enough (nmap / arp or similar) but from IP address any way to get the...
  7. LAN Problem

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    LAN Problem: I have Gigabyte Technology Co. Ltd. B85M-HD3 (SOCKET 0) Mainboard. yesterday i used it, its work perfectly. but today it's not working. i check LAN cable, its OK. LAN Driver also OK. what should i do ? Thanks in Advance Md Hasan Ali...
  8. LAN problem

LAN problem: I have a 4 computer wireless network. All are able to connect to the internet but I can't get them to see the others. All of them are set up to share printer and files. One computer sees all 4, one computer sees 2, and 1 computer sees only itself. There's probably a simple...
  9. 2 similar Wireless names on same computer??

2 similar Wireless names on same computer??: I am not a computer nerd but need to know if this is necessary to have 2 wireless with similar names -- NetGear74 and NetGear74-5GB on my desktop. Well my desktop is HP Omen 870-119 and have the cable modem, Thomson DC475 from my internet service provider also have the...
  10. Problem with LAN!

Problem with LAN!: Hello! I have this problem and i don't know how to solve it! *Biggrin I installed win10 build 10130 an on network i only see the pc in my home network but i can't acces them at all and I don't see the mac book pro i have ! If i restart in safe mode I can see all the pc and...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. computers with the same name