Windows 10: Concept imagines redesigned system tray, device panel and quick actions in Windows 10

Discus and support Concept imagines redesigned system tray, device panel and quick actions in Windows 10 in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; There have been many concepts envisioning how Fluent Design and Dark Theme could change the way Windows 10 looks or how a modern Windows XP could look... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinLatest, Aug 13, 2018.

1. WinLatest New Member

Concept imagines redesigned system tray, device panel and quick actions in Windows 10

There have been many concepts envisioning how Fluent Design and Dark Theme could change the way Windows 10 looks or how a modern Windows XP could look like in 2018. All these ideas are quickly gaining the attention of some users worldwide. Created by skilled designers, these concepts actually look decent.

The concepts are mostly based on feedback that Windows users post online. Today, yet another designer has posted a concept and it focuses on Action Center and System Tray. It’s worth noting that this is a concept designed by a user and not Microsoft. It’s likely that the ideas detailed in this concepts would never make it to Windows.

“This is a very ambitious part of my project. It involves a lot of changes in how windows is made but I’ve tried to unify and simplify all we have now to make it more usable and powerful. The main feature of Windows is the Taskbar and it has received new features since the first release of Windows 10 but they are inconsistent and unintuitive for new users,” designer Samuel Ojeda writes.

In the concept, the designer shows off how the toolbars could be pinned to the taskbar. This will basically allow users to pin system actions such as Time, Windows Ink, brightness slider and even the Game Bar to the taskbar.

The progress panel

Concept imagines redesigned system tray, device panel and quick actions in Windows 10 Progress-Panel-concept.jpg

Progress panel is another neat feature. In the concept, it is can be seen providing a unified experience to check your processes. It will show the background processes of apps like OneDrive, Dropbox and Microsoft Edge downloads.

The Device Panel

Concept imagines redesigned system tray, device panel and quick actions in Windows 10 [​IMG]

The Device Panel is supposed to host status of connected devices like the hard drive, keyboard, mouse, Bluetooth, dongle, USB drives and SD cards.

Custom Actions

“Any developer can add actions to the action center to replace their current one in the system tray,” the designer explains.

The system tray

Concept imagines redesigned system tray, device panel and quick actions in Windows 10 System-Tray-concept.jpg

The System tray (show hidden icons) is also getting a new design in this concept. It has Fluent Design and it allows the users to interact with apps and it’ll hide when the device is not running any apps that require this feature.

The post Concept imagines redesigned system tray, device panel and quick actions in Windows 10 appeared first on Windows Latest

Weiterlesen...

WinLatest, Aug 13, 2018
  2. Carsomyr Win User

where is NVIDIA control panel in windows 10?

I cannot seem to get the nvidia control panel (system tray)
    I tried everything I could think of:

- Nvidia driver uninstall + device uninstall + change device auto install drivers in hardware settings + clean install... no joy...
    - Windows automatically installs some nvidia drivers, no matter what I try and I can't see or find the control panel.

Any suggestions?

Carsomyr, Aug 13, 2018
  3. Quick access tray

My quick access tray doesn't contain mobile hotspot ,but in my friend's laptop I've seen it in quick access tray. I've gone to settings>system>Notifications and actions>quick actions.I couldn't find the hotspot option to add in the quick actions tray.How
    to add mobile hotspot to quick actions tray.

gowthamchowdary7, Aug 13, 2018
  4. Anne Ros Win User

Concept imagines redesigned system tray, device panel and quick actions in Windows 10

Quick access tray

Thank you for the information. If your device has a mobile hotspot option, then try these steps on how to add an icon in the Action Center:

1. Open Settings.

2. Select System.

3. On the left panel, click Notifications & actions.

4. Under Quick Actions, click Add or remove quick actions link.

Concept imagines redesigned system tray, device panel and quick actions in Windows 10 fd8e8e2f-657a-46b6-8aed-2bb724a28203?upload=true.png

5. Look for the Mobile hotspot option from the list, then turn it On.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

**If you think this was useful, you may "mark it as an answer" to help those who are facing the same problem.**

Anne Ros, Aug 13, 2018
Thema:

1. Concept imagines redesigned system tray, device panel and quick actions in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Concept imagines redesigned

2. Windows Security - Actions needed only in system tray.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Security - Actions needed only in system tray.: Hello,Windows Defender has been reporting a problem for several days, but only in the system tray. When I click on it, nothing shows up. I tried turning real time protection off and on again. I did a manual update and a full scan didn't find any threats. I've also done a...
  3. Windows Security - Actions needed only in system tray.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Security - Actions needed only in system tray.: Hello,Windows Defender has been reporting a problem for several days, but only in the system tray. When I click on it, nothing shows up. I tried turning real time protection off and on again. I did a manual update and a full scan didn't find any threats. I've also done a...
  4. Action needed for defender in quick acess panel but no action required in security control...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Action needed for defender in quick acess panel but no action required in security control...: Resently ms security is showing action needed pop up in quick access toolbar but no action required showing in the security panel i tried deleting the history as well as sfc scan as well as image restore but the same problem persists...
  5. Microsoft is redesigning another Control Panel feature in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft is redesigning another Control Panel feature in Windows 10: Control Panel has been a part of Windows since Windows 1.0 and it has a staunch fanbase of older users who prefer it over the modern Settings app, which is still missing key features. Starting with Windows 10 October 2020 Update, Microsoft has been trying to push more...
  6. User concept imagines Microsoft’s foldable Windows 10 device

in Windows 10 News
    User concept imagines Microsoft’s foldable Windows 10 device: Numerous patents have emerged online shedding light on how Microsoft might be developing its dual-screen laptop codenamed ‘Centaurus’. Only a few days ago, a patent revealed display technology for dual-screen PC and another patent showcased Microsoft’s solution to address...
  7. Concept imagines a refined File Explorer in Windows 10 with dark gray theme

in Windows 10 News
    Concept imagines a refined File Explorer in Windows 10 with dark gray theme: Microsoft itself has launched a dark theme for a number of first-party Windows 10 core apps, but when it comes to its file manager, the company is still working on it, and it could be launched for the general public with Windows 10 Redstone 5 update in the fall of this year,...
  8. New concept imagines Task Manager on Windows 10 with Fluent Design

in Windows 10 News
    New concept imagines Task Manager on Windows 10 with Fluent Design: You might have noticed that the number of concepts imagining various features of Windows 10 has increased significantly. Today, we have come across a new concept envisioning how Fluent Design could change the way Task Manager on Windows 10 looks. The concept shows off how a...
  9. Concept imagines Windows 7 with a new interface

in Windows 10 News
    Concept imagines Windows 7 with a new interface: It has been almost 3 years since Microsoft launched Windows 10. Microsoft still hasn’t been able to reach their goal of 1 Billion devices running Windows 10. One of the main reasons why Windows 10 finds it hard to reach the goal is Windows 7. Yes, Windows 7 which was released...
  10. Concept imagines redesigned Windows 10 File Explorer with new look

in Windows 10 News
    Concept imagines redesigned Windows 10 File Explorer with new look: Microsoft is working on Windows 10 Redstone 5 update that will bring a dark theme to the File Explorer, along with some other refinements. File Explorer is getting an update later this year, but more or less it will look same. It’s likely that one day Microsoft will implement...