Windows 10: Concerning Windows 10 Installation via ISO

Discus and support Concerning Windows 10 Installation via ISO in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have a PC that I built a month ago.At that time, I only installed Windows 8 and haven't upgraded to Windows 10 yet.I just read that Windows 10... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by LVNDSCAPE, Jul 1, 2016.

1. LVNDSCAPE Win User

Concerning Windows 10 Installation via ISO

I have a PC that I built a month ago.At that time, I only installed Windows 8 and haven't upgraded to Windows 10 yet.I just read that Windows 10 Installation now allows you to activate Windows 10 using an existing Windows 8 Key.I have a Windows 8 Pro key on my hand. How many times would that key be usable?For instance, I swapped out my CPU and Motherboard to new ones. Can I use the Windows 8 Pro key for activation again? *Biggrin

:)

LVNDSCAPE, Jul 1, 2016
  2. Arjay Dom Win User

Windows 10 set up loop

Thank you for the information.

Since you're setting up Windows 10 again, you'll be needing to boot from the ISO file via USB flash drive and perform a Startup repair so resolve the set up loop issue. The same ISO file can also be used to perform a clean install if needed.

Let us know if you have any other concerns.

Arjay Dom, Jul 1, 2016
  3. Andrei V. Win User
    When I reserve Win 10 from the system download, can I make a copy before Installing?

No, updates START on the 29th of July 2015 and end on the 29th of July 2016.

Updating via Windows update and updating via ISO is the same thing.

So there is no connection between the download used by Windows update to install Windows 10 and the ISO.

If you want to go the ISO way, just wait for it to be released, download it and upgrade.

If you want the Windows update way, all you have to do is install when prompted to do so.

But for a clean install you NEED the ISO.

Andrei V., Jul 1, 2016
  4. Ztruker Win User

Is the currently installed Windows 8 activated? If it is you can upgrade it to 10.

Ztruker, Jul 2, 2016
  5. NavyLCDR New Member
    A retail Windows product key is good for as many transfers as you want - so long as you uninstall it from the previous computer before moving it to a new computer. It will only activate Windows 10 for free the first time before July 29th. When you upgrade you get a digital license stored on Microsoft activation servers. It looks like Microsoft is making preparations to be able to move that free digital license to other computers after July 29th - but it is still only speculation.

NavyLCDR, Jul 2, 2016
  6. LVNDSCAPE Win User
    Thank you for the clarification.

Yes it is.

LVNDSCAPE, Jul 2, 2016
  7. lx07 Win User
    You can also clean install windows 10 and activate it directly with your 8 key if you don't want to upgrade. Until the 29th June again presumably.

lx07, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Concerning Windows 10 Installation via ISO - Similar Threads - Concerning Installation via

2. Windows 10 ISO install

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 ISO install: vCouldn’t install Windows on the new SSD drive instead I installed Lenox. A Lenovo Laptop had failed hard drive. That was two years ago, now Like to install Windows 10 with an ISO file, however, there doesn’t appear to be any product key on the computer. There is a Windows...
  3. Windows 10 ISO install

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 ISO install: vCouldn’t install Windows on the new SSD drive instead I installed Lenox. A Lenovo Laptop had failed hard drive. That was two years ago, now Like to install Windows 10 with an ISO file, however, there doesn’t appear to be any product key on the computer. There is a Windows...
  4. Windows 10 ISO install

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. windows 10 ISO installation

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows 10 ISO installation: Hi, trying to update windows 7 to windows 10 from an ISO file: gets to 83% and then says installation failed. It doesn't give a code, just that message. Any way to fix that? thanks...
  6. windows 10 ISO installation

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    windows 10 ISO installation: Hi, trying to update windows 7 to windows 10 from an ISO file: gets to 83% and then says installation failed. It doesn't give a code, just that message. Any way to fix that? thanks...
  7. windows 10 ISO installation

8. Windows 10 ISO not installing

Windows 10 ISO not installing: Short version: Trying to install Win10 ISO on a 1TB Crucial SSD from memory stick It loads about halfway then freezes. Once it loaded and I was able to reinstall my software but the next morning it wouldn't boot made it past the initial boot screen but froze to a black...
  9. Consequences of updating windows via iso?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Consequences of updating windows via iso?: Hello everyone, i need to update my old windows instalation, and i want to do it via iso directly from windows itself. Could anyone tell me the aftermath of that operation? What i specifically want to know is: how much space before and after update will remain on C drive...
  10. Laptop running slow after installing via ISO

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Laptop running slow after installing via ISO: Hi everyone, after suffering some laptop problems (Disk space problem, do I extend partition? Solved - Windows 10 Forums) I reinstalled Windows 10 via the below link Windows 10 Recovery Tools - Bootable Rescue Disk - Windows 10 Forums Since then my laptop has been running...