Windows 10: Conexant Audio w/Headphones

Discus and support Conexant Audio w/Headphones in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have a Toshiba Satellite laptop using Windows 10. Conexant SmartAudio HD is working with my laptop speakers but not my headphones. I have tried,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by windowsproblems, Mar 28, 2017.

1. Conexant Audio w/Headphones

I have a Toshiba Satellite laptop using Windows 10. Conexant SmartAudio HD is working with my laptop speakers but not my headphones.

I have tried, in order:

-Right-click sound icon -> troubleshoot sound problems

-Right-click sound icon -> Playback devices -> ?? (no headphones showing)

-Device Manager -> Sound, video and game controllers -> right-click Conexant SmartAudio HD -> Properties -> Drivers -> Update drivers -> Restart

[note: there are also 'Intel(R) Display Audio' and 'NVIDIA Virtual Audio Device (Wave Extensible) (WDM)' icons under Sound, video and game controllers, but I'm assuming Conexant is the one I need to be concerned with]

-Uninstalling Conexant from Device Manager, restarting, and Googling latest drivers for my device (which I got from here: Download Toshiba Conexant SmartAudio HD Driver 8.66.6.52 for Windows 7, Windows 7 64 bit, Windows 8 64 bit, Windows 8.1 64 bit, Windows 10, Windows 10 64 bit), download and installing those.

I've run out of ideas, any help is appreciated. Sound still works fine without headphones, but isn't working with them, and the headphones are still not showing up in the Playback devices.

:)

windowsproblems, Mar 28, 2017

2. Conexant Smart Audio HD Problem with every Windows 10 build

I have a problem with dolby digital audio ( Of course complete audio sometimes) in headphones. in resent build 11099 headphone audio completely gone. Without headphone working fine.. and my headphones are very fine.. I think problem with latest Conexant
    Smart Audio HD Drivers or windows 10 builds... where can i download conexant old drivers, i can't find anywhere...

ARReddy_Wolverine, Mar 28, 2017
  3. Dheerajj Win User
    New Conexant Driver Problem

1. After I got update from Microsoft for the Conexant Audio Driver , sound only comes from my laptop speakers but as plug my headphone to the jack the sound is gone!!. Although Conexant software shows that headphone is plugged in. Please sort this out as
    soon as possible.

2. This new Conexant Driver also uninstalled my Dolby Digital Plus Advanced Audio software adding a mess!! to my audio sound.

Dheerajj, Mar 28, 2017
  4. Bree New Member

Conexant Audio w/Headphones

You don't say which model yours is. I have a Toshiba L750 which also has a Conexant chip. The problem with Toshiba and Conexant is that the chip came in so many flavours, each designed for the model it was used in. As a consequence finding the right driver (also model-specific) is near impossible. Add to that the fact that for older Toshiba models not supported for Windows 10 the official Toshiba drivers haven't been updated beyond Win8 and you are on a loosing streak. I wouldn't trust drivers from a third party like Softpedia because there's no way to tell if they are the specific ones designed for your model.

When mine took the free upgrade to Windows 10 a Microsoft-supplied Conexant SmartAudio HD driver was installed. At some point the automatic Windows update replaced that with the generic Microsoft High Definition Audio Device. That seems to work just fine on both my speakers and headphones. It may well work for you too.

Try uninstalling the speakers and headphones in Device Manager then scan for hardware changes. See what driver Microsoft thinks is the correct on for your machine.

5. Sorry, it's P55t-C5114.

I just tried uninstalling the speakers again through Device Manager (checking remove drivers box). I don't see an option for uninstalling the headphones - I assume they would be included in the same expanded list as the speakers? Maybe this is the issue.

Anyway, then I scanned for hardware changes, was prompted to restart again and did so. Problem still exists.

6. Bree New Member
    Before we tear out hair out trying to find the right driver, let's eliminate other possibilities.

Have the headphones ever worked? It could be the socket that's faulty - or the headphones, do you have another pair to try? or another machine to try these on?

Does it work with another OS? You could test by booting from a Linux Live USB, perhaps.

7. The headphones have worked for a while...interestingly I just had a videochat with someone on Facebook and although I couldn't hear them with the headphones on they could hear me speaking. I don't have another machine to try or another pair of headphones, although I guess I could probably find another machine to test them on tomorrow. It would be great if I could get them working tonight though, I have a bunch of YouTube videos I need to watch for assignments and a roommate who is asleep.

8. Bree New Member

Well, at least your model is supported by Toshiba for Windows 10. There are three revisions of the official Conexant drivers for your model available direct from Toshiba, the latest being version: 8.66.24.51
    http://support.toshiba.com/support/m...011329&osId=26

The 8.66.6.52 you tried earlier is the wrong driver - that one's for the Portege WT20-B2100

9. Thanks - I will try that and report back.

10. Bree New Member
    These Conexant drivers are very model-specific. I'm signing off now but I'm confident the correct driver is the answer to your problem. If so, please mark the thread 'solved'.

11. I downloaded the drivers from your link and restarted but still no sound from the headphones unfortunately. Headphones are still not showing up in the Playback devices.

12. Bree New Member
    I guess that you meant "...still not showing..." and that was a typo.

Right-click the sound icon and open Playback devices. Now right-click in the white empty space below Speakers. Make sure 'Show disabled devices' is ticked.

13. Conexant Audio w/Headphones

You're right it was a typo, I went back and edited it.

Both the 'Show disabled devices' and 'Show disconnected devices' are ticked.

windowsproblems, Mar 29, 2017
  14. I tried my headphones on my roommate's phone and they don't work - looks like I need new headphones.

windowsproblems, Mar 29, 2017
  15. Bree New Member
    Sorry to hear that, but at least you have the right drivers now for when you get a working pair.

Thema:

1. Conexant Audio w/Headphones - Similar Threads - Conexant Audio Headphones

2. How to use laptop mic when using headphones Conexant Audio?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How to use laptop mic when using headphones Conexant Audio?: My laptop mic works better than the mic in my headphones. I've tried everything to fix that, but it doesn't work. Is there a way to use the laptop mic instead?...
  3. Conexant audio drivers

Conexant audio drivers: Hello, I am running an HP Zboob 15 G5 laptop, with Windows 10. For a long time it ran fine using the default HD audio drivers. However sometime last year, WIndows decided to install the Conexant audio drivers by default. Once this driver is installed, the laptop report that...
  4. conexant audio

conexant audio: audio has been distorted on lenovo z70 laptop. So far it has not been fixable, at all. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/conexant-audio/01a248a8-d07a-4d41-bbee-53b957e810ea
  5. conexant hd audio driver

conexant hd audio driver: i have conexant hd audio on my nv53 gateway laptop the only way to get sound on w10 is to use the generic driver why must microsoft continually at ever update reinstall the old drivers that dont work upon each and every update i just found a setting to hopefully stop that...
  6. Conexant Audio Drivers

Conexant Audio Drivers: Still have bad Mic audio with Windows 10. Have Conexant put out new driver yet. Tried Windows 8.1 and still bad. Asus X450 Laptop 64 bit. Thanks Roger 18502
  7. Conexant Smart Audio

Conexant Smart Audio: Have Windows 10 on my Laptop. All working except bad Mic audio. All worked fine on Windows 8.1. Any help please ? Thanks Roger 15249
  8. Conexant HD Audio Driver for Windows 10

Conexant HD Audio Driver for Windows 10: Does anyone know where I can find a driver for Conexant HD Audio? Right now I am using a driver from Microsoft to play device sounds. Help please! 55093
  9. Bad Audio with Windows 10 Conexant

Bad Audio with Windows 10 Conexant: Have Windows 10 had new drivers for Conexant 64 bit for Asus Laptop. Mic audio is bad and low. Works ok with USB Audio Codec just Pc Mic bad audio. Thanks Roger 26832
  10. Conexant 20582 Audio Driver?

Conexant 20582 Audio Driver?: anyone have one that works? 7690
Tags: