Windows 10: Conexant device Fail. Can you help?

Discus and support Conexant device Fail. Can you help? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Gang I am having a bad time trying to get Conexant audio to work. With the original Windows 10 install, from 8.1 via the wire [Home edition], the Audio... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by cognus, Aug 8, 2015.

1. cognus Win User

Conexant device Fail. Can you help?

Gang I am having a bad time trying to get Conexant audio to work. With the original Windows 10 install, from 8.1 via the wire [Home edition], the Audio device drivers were installed. on casual look things appeared ok until I looked in Dev Manager, in Properties, in the Events windows and got message:
    Device HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_8086&DEV_2807&SUBSYS_80860101&REV_1000\4&17ddd72c&0&0001 requires further installation.
    playing any sort of media file would result in sporadic, patternless fails. play for a few seconds, gap for a few seconds, play again, or fail altogether. Removed the Device Driver and instead opted for the generic "High Definition Audio" and it all seems to work ok.

Windows 10 specific device package from the maker, Lenovo, results in "success" at driver install, but fail in playback. Removing that entirely [driver deleted and verified before turning on the net again] then letting Windows install over the wire produced a similar fail but with a couple of diffs. At first it dropped the speakers, looking like the driver was installed but no 'speaker' showing up in the mixer. When I tried to uninstall that driver, Device Manager locked up ["not responding"].

If we assume that the driver is just badly botched, HOW do I get Winupdate to ignore, and leave me alone with the High Definition generic?

any light you can shed is greatly appreciated.

HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_8086&DEV_2807&SUBSYS_80860101&REV_1000
    HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_8086&DEV_2807&SUBSYS_80860101

:)

cognus, Aug 8, 2015

2. Can I Re-Upgrade to Windows 10 after rolled back to Windows 7 once

Hi,

After upgrading my Windows 7 Pro to Windows 10 Pro, the notebook speaker not working. Tried to installed the Conexant audio driver, but was blocked by Windows 10 because the digital signature is not valid (old driver). Tried suggestions from the web about
    disabling the digital signature enforcement, but failed. After uninstall the Conexant driver, Windows updated it with it own audio driver, but it did not work.

Spent one day to solve this issue without success. Decided to rolled back to Windows 7 Pro.

My question is, if there is solution for this Conexant driver comes out in the coming months, can I do a re-upgrading to Windows 10?

Notebook: Toshiba Satellite M300 Series.

Audio device: Conexant High Definition SmartAudio 221.

Thank you.

Jon

JonathanLTY, Aug 8, 2015
  3. RelT Win User
    56K Modem missing Unimodem Audio Device after update to Windows 10 Build 10586

that's going to give you lots of problems, especially if they are multiple software modems installed on the same machine. LSI + Conexant Hardware is OK, or MultiTech hardware. LSI + Conexant soft modem is NOT ok.

do this to install your PID 1329 Conexant;

unplug all usb modems

uninstall any modems from add/remove programs if they are still listed.

go to device manager, click on View, Show Hidden Devices. uninstall any 'hidden' modems listed here. If given the option to remove the driver files, do so.

if you have the Unimodem driver (connected to Conexant modem) you should uninstall this too.

reboot the computer.

fyi you may also have some left over files in ProgramData\Conexant folder if your uninstall failed from add/remove programs

Plug in your Conexant 1329 PID modem

it should automatically install the generic Windows "Conexant Modem CX90310" driver.but NOT the Unimodem driver

go to the properties, driver for the modem.

Click Update Driver. Search online... Windows update catalog will update to latest driver (2.0.21.50 for Windows 10 or something like that)

Unimodem driver should now also install.

Modem name will change to "USB Data Fax Voice Modem"

RelT, Aug 8, 2015
Thema:

Conexant device Fail. Can you help?

1. Conexant device Fail. Can you help? - Similar Threads - Conexant device Fail

2. sound device issue can you please help

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    sound device issue can you please help: Hi, all my audio devices stopped working, there is an x in the sound icon in the tray,and a message saying no sound devices installed. I checked in the device manager and theyre all there, but not seem to be running. I ran a audio trouble shooter and it said it needed to...
  3. sound device issue can you please help

in Windows 10 Gaming
    sound device issue can you please help: Hi, all my audio devices stopped working, there is an x in the sound icon in the tray,and a message saying no sound devices installed. I checked in the device manager and theyre all there, but not seem to be running. I ran a audio trouble shooter and it said it needed to...
  4. Can you help?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Can you help?: Hello! The pc is overheating very fast and whenever that happens i get the blue screen of death, however when it doesn’t overheat I can’t download from Microsoft Store, saying: “Install failed”, I can’t play any spotify songs and i get alot of random lag spikes. It doesn’t...
  5. Can you help?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can you help?: Hello! The pc is overheating very fast and whenever that happens i get the blue screen of death, however when it doesn’t overheat I can’t download from Microsoft Store, saying: “Install failed”, I can’t play any spotify songs and i get alot of random lag spikes. It doesn’t...
  6. laptop device camera is not working, can you help

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    laptop device camera is not working, can you help: laptop device camera is not working, can you help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/laptop-device-camera-is-not-working-can-you-help/47ed2704-44c1-42e6-a20b-c9fd6d71f275
  7. Can you help me fix this? [Device Manager]

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can you help me fix this? [Device Manager]: Hi! The quick story is that I ran a fresh installation of Win10 on my old laptop (previously Win8.1). Mostly things are running well. Though I can't figure out, exactly, what this item is and where to find drivers for it. Any help is appreciated! Here's a screenshot for...
  8. "Unknown USB Device (Device Descriptor Request Failed)" Could you help ?

"Unknown USB Device (Device Descriptor Request Failed)" Could you help ?: Dears, My USB port is useless. i've found this error & mesg: error 43 [ATTACH] Br https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unknown-usb-device-device-descriptor-request/a12ee5ba-2f66-4d91-889f-28db5b753d47
  9. Can you help make a guess for this failing drive ?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Can you help make a guess for this failing drive ?: I have many hard drives, more than 10, both internal and external. Currently they are all good. I have a hard drive that is one of the earliest drives, in fact, it's the newest, servicing for less than a year. When a few weeks ago I took it out from the PC chassis, it...
  10. Conexant 20671 audio driver - "failed to play test tone"

Conexant 20671 audio driver - "failed to play test tone": Hi all I am having repeatedly problems with my audio since i've installed windows 10. After searching for solution the only method that works is to run sfc /scannow and restart. But after I'm restarting I have no sound again. I'm with Lenovo e420s cto4401. tried...
Tags: