Windows 10: Conexant Sound not working on ASUS GL752VW. No Audio Device Installed.

Discus and support Conexant Sound not working on ASUS GL752VW. No Audio Device Installed. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; A few weeks back I got an ASUS ROG GL752VW. During my initial set up in the first few days, I went into device manager, to my sound card, which is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Akoops, Sep 7, 2016.

1. Akoops Win User

Conexant Sound not working on ASUS GL752VW. No Audio Device Installed.

A few weeks back I got an ASUS ROG GL752VW. During my initial set up in the first few days, I went into device manager, to my sound card, which is Conexant brand and updated the drivers. This caused the sound on my laptop to completely stop working upon a restart. Attempting to download the Windows 10 64bit drivers for the soundcard, uninstalling the drivers and reinstalling the newly download ones did not work. I have include screenshots of what is shown WITH the conexant drivers installed. When I try and look at playback devices when right clicking volume, NOTHING comes up.

As a work around, I uninstalled the conexant drivers and ran sound using the default windows 'High Definition Audio Device', which worked fine until the other day, when for some reason my sound quality took a massive drop and has started crackling and popping whenever sound plays. The ONLY thing I did software/hardware wise at the time this Crackling issue started was install Logitech Gaming Software for my new mouse. It does appear to be driver related as it does the same through either laptop speakers or headphones.

I have tried the fixes found in this thread: Windows 10 no sound SOLUTION (CONEXANT) - Page 3 - Windows 10 Forums including the final regedit idea, but nothing has worked. The only thing I haven't tried is the installing older Windows 7/8 drivers suggestion.

Conexant Sound not working on ASUS GL752VW. No Audio Device Installed. [​IMG]

:)

Akoops, Sep 7, 2016

2. How do I join the "headphones" and "speakers" audio devices?

Hello,

Since the Creator's update, Windows has separated the headphones and speakers audio devices. This has happened before, but only now is it a pain in the bum (since before, it didn't actually work, so the troubleshooter would auto-switch it back.) My laptop
    came default using Conexant's driver, which has one device named "speakers" which auto-routes based on the plug. It also puts a filter on the speakers to reduce bass distortion. However, Windows has decided that Conexant just ain't good enough, and so it's
    switched to the "HD audio device" and separated the channels. I also can now no longer use the in-build EQ software, since it only works on the Conexant device. How can I change this back, and how can I prevent Windows from thinking it's smarter than me
    and changing it back?!

Asus ROG GL752VW

Win10 64bit

Intel i7 2.6 GHz

Nvidia GEFORCE GTX 960M

16GB RAM

1TB HDD

Tommy Sebestyen, Sep 7, 2016
  3. How do I keep windows from installing Conexant SmartAudio HD drivers?

The sound on my laptop works fine, the only problem is that I think Conexant SmartAudio HD audio driver is garbage and I can't get rid of it. I'd rather have windows high definition audio device, but no matter how many times I uninstall Conexant SmartAudio
    HD and have it replaced with windows high definition audio device, Conexant drivers will either randomly install or they will be installed again after I turn on my computer next time. How do I get rid of Conexant SmartAudio HD for good?

GaloSengen69, Sep 7, 2016
  4. fireberd Win User

Two issues, first since Windows detected and install the generic High Definition Audio but it started the popping and cracking apparently, when you installed the Logitech. It sounds like possibly Logitech is using Wi-Fi for whatever reason. One of the known things that cause popping and crackling is Wi-Fi. There are other issues such as sound and video drivers but since you are using the generic HD Audio driver I would rule that out. Audio is considered a "low priority" device and is always assigned a shared Interrupt with a high priority device.

If you have a System Restore point that is BEFORE installing the Logitech software, use the System Restore and fall back to that point. That should give you sound again. If you don't have a restore point, uninstall the Logitech software, uninstall the sound in the Device Manager then restart the PC (don't skip the restart). When Windows starts it should detect the sound and reinstall the HD Audio drivers.

Why it won't install the correct sound drivers? You can try running the Intel Motherboard Chipset drivers and see if that helps. Sometimes when devices are not recognized or not properly recognized the Intel Motherboard Chipset drivers will correct that.

fireberd, Sep 7, 2016
  5. Akoops Win User
    Thanks for the quick reply fireberd.
    I actually have the wi-fi on my laptop switch off as I don't need it.

Not having a System Restore point, I tried the second option and uninstalled the Logitech Gaming Software and went back to the HD Audio drivers. This did bring back sound, but didn't stop the speaker crackling. BUT... it gave me an idea. Maybe the new mouses receiver is causing interference? I'll check that out.
    EDIT: Nope. Completely removed the new mouse and anything associated with it. No luck.
    From what I gather, there are major problems with conextants driver software and Windows 10. All I know is that it seems installing Conexants drivers dont work and completely disable sound. How do I run the Motherboard drivers?

Akoops, Sep 7, 2016
  6. fireberd Win User
    fireberd, Sep 8, 2016
  7. spunk Win User
    spunk, Sep 8, 2016
  8. Akoops Win User

I need to get home from work tonight before I try reinstalling the conexant Audio drivers, as I need the time to play around with it.

But... in regards to the Audio crackling, I ran LatencyMon and got this message:

In my Power Settings I DO have minimum and maximum processor power managements settings at 100% however.

Akoops, Sep 8, 2016
  9. Akoops Win User
    ____________________________________________________________________________________________________ _____
    CONCLUSION
    ____________________________________________________________________________________________________ _____
    Your system appears to be having trouble handling real-time audio and other tasks. You are likely to experience buffer underruns appearing as drop outs, clicks or pops. One or more DPC routines that belong to a driver running in your system appear to be executing for too long. Also one or more ISR routines that belong to a driver running in your system appear to be executing for too long. One problem may be related to power management, disable CPU throttling settings in Control Panel and BIOS setup. Check for BIOS updates.
    LatencyMon has been analyzing your system for 0:12:23 (h:mm:ss) on all processors.

SYSTEM INFORMATION
    Computer name: POPCULTUREPOOKA
    OS version: Windows 8 , 6.2, build: 9200 (x64)
    Hardware: GL752VW, ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC.
    CPU: GenuineIntel Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-6700HQ CPU @ 2.60GHz
    Logical processors: 8
    Processor groups: 1
    RAM: 16282 MB total

CPU SPEED
    Reported CPU speed: 2592 MHz

Note: reported execution times may be calculated based on a fixed reported CPU speed. Disable variable speed settings like Intel Speed Step and AMD Cool N Quiet in the BIOS setup for more accurate results.

MEASURED INTERRUPT TO USER PROCESS LATENCIES
    The interrupt to process latency reflects the measured interval that a usermode process needed to respond to a hardware request from the moment the interrupt service routine started execution. This includes the scheduling and execution of a DPC routine, the signaling of an event and the waking up of a usermode thread from an idle wait state in response to that event.

Highest measured interrupt to process latency (µs): 46502.734421
    Average measured interrupt to process latency (µs): 9.332204

Highest measured interrupt to DPC latency (µs): 46499.968988
    Average measured interrupt to DPC latency (µs): 3.628605

REPORTED ISRs
    Interrupt service routines are routines installed by the OS and device drivers that execute in response to a hardware interrupt signal.

Highest ISR routine execution time (µs): 1015.324074
    Driver with highest ISR routine execution time: HDAudBus.sys - High Definition Audio Bus Driver, Microsoft Corporation

Highest reported total ISR routine time (%): 0.032722
    Driver with highest ISR total time: ACPI.sys - ACPI Driver for NT, Microsoft Corporation

Total time spent in ISRs (%) 0.037731

ISR count (execution time <250 µs): 99146
    ISR count (execution time 250-500 µs): 0
    ISR count (execution time 500-999 µs): 167
    ISR count (execution time 1000-1999 µs): 1
    ISR count (execution time 2000-3999 µs): 0
    ISR count (execution time >=4000 µs): 0

REPORTED DPCs
    DPC routines are part of the interrupt servicing dispatch mechanism and disable the possibility for a process to utilize the CPU while it is interrupted until the DPC has finished execution.

Highest DPC routine execution time (µs): 61230.222994
    Driver with highest DPC routine execution time: ACPI.sys - ACPI Driver for NT, Microsoft Corporation

Highest reported total DPC routine time (%): 0.149972
    Driver with highest DPC total execution time: ACPI.sys - ACPI Driver for NT, Microsoft Corporation

Total time spent in DPCs (%) 0.323507

DPC count (execution time <250 µs): 2601197
    DPC count (execution time 250-500 µs): 0
    DPC count (execution time 500-999 µs): 19937
    DPC count (execution time 1000-1999 µs): 193
    DPC count (execution time 2000-3999 µs): 3
    DPC count (execution time >=4000 µs): 0

REPORTED HARD PAGEFAULTS
    Hard pagefaults are events that get triggered by making use of virtual memory that is not resident in RAM but backed by a memory mapped file on disk. The process of resolving the hard pagefault requires reading in the memory from disk while the process is interrupted and blocked from execution.

NOTE: some processes were hit by hard pagefaults. If these were programs producing audio, they are
    likely to interrupt the audio stream resulting in dropouts, clicks and pops. Check the Processes tab to
    see which programs were hit.

Process with highest pagefault count: officeclicktorun.exe

Total number of hard pagefaults 5172
    Hard pagefault count of hardest hit process: 1871
    Highest hard pagefault resolution time (µs): 277410.011960
    Total time spent in hard pagefaults (%): 0.069991
    Number of processes hit: 28

PER CPU DATA
    CPU 0 Interrupt cycle time (s): 53.903832
    CPU 0 ISR highest execution time (µs): 622.377315
    CPU 0 ISR total execution time (s): 2.208108
    CPU 0 ISR count: 92200
    CPU 0 DPC highest execution time (µs): 61230.222994
    CPU 0 DPC total execution time (s): 16.228698
    CPU 0 DPC count: 2333880
    CPU 1 Interrupt cycle time (s): 37.648041
    CPU 1 ISR highest execution time (µs): 548.699846
    CPU 1 ISR total execution time (s): 0.019268
    CPU 1 ISR count: 4735
    CPU 1 DPC highest execution time (µs): 24230.388889
    CPU 1 DPC total execution time (s): 0.735467
    CPU 1 DPC count: 37961
    CPU 2 Interrupt cycle time (s): 23.152299
    CPU 2 ISR highest execution time (µs): 171.876543
    CPU 2 ISR total execution time (s): 0.010193
    CPU 2 ISR count: 1730
    CPU 2 DPC highest execution time (µs): 21018.640432
    CPU 2 DPC total execution time (s): 0.692670
    CPU 2 DPC count: 69132
    CPU 3 Interrupt cycle time (s): 43.141365
    CPU 3 ISR highest execution time (µs): 1015.324074
    CPU 3 ISR total execution time (s): 0.004999
    CPU 3 ISR count: 546
    CPU 3 DPC highest execution time (µs): 1023.275463
    CPU 3 DPC total execution time (s): 0.193679
    CPU 3 DPC count: 23309
    CPU 4 Interrupt cycle time (s): 22.436889
    CPU 4 ISR highest execution time (µs): 22.121914
    CPU 4 ISR total execution time (s): 0.000561
    CPU 4 ISR count: 101
    CPU 4 DPC highest execution time (µs): 1533.293210
    CPU 4 DPC total execution time (s): 0.469797
    CPU 4 DPC count: 54877
    CPU 5 Interrupt cycle time (s): 42.229091
    CPU 5 ISR highest execution time (µs): 11.297068
    CPU 5 ISR total execution time (s): 0.000015
    CPU 5 ISR count: 2
    CPU 5 DPC highest execution time (µs): 473.011574
    CPU 5 DPC total execution time (s): 0.109165
    CPU 5 DPC count: 13432
    CPU 6 Interrupt cycle time (s): 23.919333
    CPU 6 ISR highest execution time (µs): 0.0
    CPU 6 ISR total execution time (s): 0.0
    CPU 6 ISR count: 0
    CPU 6 DPC highest execution time (µs): 21123.067130
    CPU 6 DPC total execution time (s): 0.692994
    CPU 6 DPC count: 76697
    CPU 7 Interrupt cycle time (s): 44.491505
    CPU 7 ISR highest execution time (µs): 0.0
    CPU 7 ISR total execution time (s): 0.0
    CPU 7 ISR count: 0
    CPU 7 DPC highest execution time (µs): 463.274691
    CPU 7 DPC total execution time (s): 0.110464
    CPU 7 DPC count: 12057

Akoops, Sep 8, 2016
  10. fireberd Win User
    Also look at the processes and drivers to see if something sticks out.
    Latency Mon is clean on my system that I also use for my recording studio. I have very little in startup other that what is needed. I have my power set on "High Performance". I do not have any CPU throttling.

Latency Mon also has an "In Depth" Latency Test. You may want to download and run that to see if shows anything.

fireberd, Sep 8, 2016
  11. Akoops Win User
    UPDATE: It appears that updating my Bios has fixed the sound popping error. Still not sure what to do about the conexant drivers, but I'm ok with keeping work HD Audio Drivers if they work.
    I have a new issue as a result though, but that's for a different thread.

Akoops, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Conexant Sound not working on ASUS GL752VW. No Audio Device Installed. - Similar Threads - Conexant Sound working

2. Ssd m2 на ноутбук Asus GL752VW

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Ssd m2 на ноутбук Asus GL752VW: Всем привет, купил сегодня ssd m2 Samsung 970 EVO на 250 гб Поставил в ноутбук, но он не отображается в BIOSE и в управление дисков Смотрел гайды не один не помог ssd m2 с ключом M Какие есть решение? Биус обновленный до последний версии...
  3. conexant audio

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    conexant audio: audio has been distorted on lenovo z70 laptop. So far it has not been fixable, at all. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/conexant-audio/01a248a8-d07a-4d41-bbee-53b957e810ea
  4. Conexant audio missing - ASUS

Conexant audio missing - ASUS: I opened my computer from sleep to find that the audio was no longer working. Specifically, the audio icon says "No speakers or headphones are plugged in." When I run the Microsoft diagnostics, it says "Restart your PC to finish installing drivers and updates." I've tried...
  5. Conexant audio missing - ASUS

Conexant audio missing - ASUS: I opened my computer from sleep to find that the audio was no longer working. Specifically, the audio icon says "No speakers or headphones are plugged in." When I run the Microsoft diagnostics, it says "Restart your PC to finish installing drivers and updates." I've tried...
  6. Conexant Audio Drivers

Conexant Audio Drivers: Still have bad Mic audio with Windows 10. Have Conexant put out new driver yet. Tried Windows 8.1 and still bad. Asus X450 Laptop 64 bit. Thanks Roger 18502
  7. Conexant Smart Audio

Conexant Smart Audio: Have Windows 10 on my Laptop. All working except bad Mic audio. All worked fine on Windows 8.1. Any help please ? Thanks Roger 15249
  8. Sound problem for High Definition Audio Device vs Conexant

Sound problem for High Definition Audio Device vs Conexant: Hi there. So I have been having this problem for a while now with my internal laptop speakers. They very infrequently play sounds and when they do, its only for about a minute. No problems with headphones and playback devices switch as they are supposed too. I am using...
  9. poor sound quality Lenovo Ideapad Conexant Audio HD

poor sound quality Lenovo Ideapad Conexant Audio HD: Hi All i am at the end of my tether with this machine. the sound quality is terrible. the only way i can hear anything is if i am in a silent room and then its difficult to hear. i bought the laptop brandnew so i doubt its the speakers as the sound as always been this bad....
  10. ASUS ROG GL752VW No Battery Is Detected

ASUS ROG GL752VW No Battery Is Detected: I have a recently purchased ASUS laptop as mentioned in title, and there seems to be issue after issue. As mentioned in a previous thread, I had problems with my sound card popping a crackling. After updating my BIOS drivers, this fixed the problem. Now I have a new...
Tags:

Users found this page by searching for:

1. rog gl752vw speaker not working

2. nu vot

3. asus gl752vw audio jack does not work

4. gl752vw bass not working,
  5. gl752vw no sound,
  6. asus laptop sound not working conexant,
  7. gl752vw subwoofer not working