Windows 10: Configuration change to TPM message after reset

Discus and support Configuration change to TPM message after reset in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I've reset my Asus laptop and now every time I turn it on it comes up with: "A configuration change was requested to clear this computer's TPM... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Spritzer, Oct 1, 2016.

1. Spritzer Win User

Configuration change to TPM message after reset

I've reset my Asus laptop and now every time I turn it on it comes up with:
    "A configuration change was requested to clear this computer's TPM (Trusted Platform Module)
    WARNING: Clearing erases information stored on the TPM. You will lose all created keys and access to data encrypted by these keys.
    Press F12 or Volume Up to clear the TPM Press ESC or Volume Down to reject the change request and continue"

I don't know much about this so I'm too scared to press F12, if I do will it cause problems? Any help would be appreciated, many thanks.

:)

Spritzer, Oct 1, 2016
  2. MratT Win User

TPM configuration change message keeps coming up at every restart

New (4 days old) Dell Laptop windows 10 intel i5. Was not happy with some of the set up I did so via settings I reset the laptop and elected to remove the data I had started to put on.

During reinstall TPM message came up twice 'A configuration change was requested to clear the computer's TPM' 'Press F12 to Clear the TPM, Press ESC to reject this change and continue' and I hit ESC to reject change request and continued.

Reinstall all fine, but now the message comes up on every restart and I have to hit 'Esc' before it will open.

How do I get rid of this message - Thanks

MratT, Oct 1, 2016
  3. TPM configuration change message keeps coming up at every restart

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

To change the TPM configuration settings, need to get into BIOS settings, so it’s better to contact the computer manufacturer for changing the configuration settings.

BIOS Disclaimer: Modifying BIOS/ complementary metal oxide semiconductor (CMOS) settings incorrectly can cause serious problems that may prevent your computer from booting
    properly. Microsoft cannot guarantee that any problems resulting from the configuring of BIOS/CMOS settings can be solved. Modifications of the settings are at your own risk.

Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Oct 1, 2016
Thema:

Configuration change to TPM message after reset

1. Configuration change to TPM message after reset - Similar Threads - Configuration change TPM

2. Stuck on TPM clear after windows factory reset

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Stuck on TPM clear after windows factory reset: Hello, I wanted to factory reset my computer so i did it through windows 10 settings. After that the TPM Clear showed up and it says press F12 to enable…. And Esc to reject and continue. My keyboard lights are on but when i press f12 or esc nothing happens.. I tried power...
  3. Windows 11 Won't activate after TPM reset!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Won't activate after TPM reset!: I've recently updated my BIOS and it needed a TPM reset in order to function properly! Once I did reset it. Windows didn't activate automatically! I tried to use the command prompt it order to fetch my product key to reactivate windows but it doesn't work!!...
  4. Configuring updates message after power cut

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Configuring updates message after power cut: HiJust had a power cut and the pc was on when the power came back on I turned the pc back on and the following happened Configuring updates 100% appeared RestartedConfiguring updates 100%Then went to log in screen and was fine did a reboot and again no messagesNo updates were...
  5. Configuring updates message after power cut

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Configuring updates message after power cut: HiJust had a power cut and the pc was on when the power came back on I turned the pc back on and the following happened Configuring updates 100% appeared RestartedConfiguring updates 100%Then went to log in screen and was fine did a reboot and again no messagesNo updates were...
  6. Configuring updates message after power cut

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. The configuration is resetting to Stereo after reboot

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    The configuration is resetting to Stereo after reboot: Windows 10 20H2 x64 19042.867 If the audio system is configured in the Audio Dialog, after restart or removing my Microphone jack, The system reverts back to stereo. But, if I used the "bloatware" Realtek Settings, It doesn't revert back but if I removed the Microphone jack,...
  8. Windows keeping configurations after hard reset

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows keeping configurations after hard reset: I had some problems with my computer and i updated some drivers with the driver easy app, and i think it may have installed some wrong drivers on my computer. So i did a hard reset, selecting to wipe all files and use the cloud to download the Windows 10, after the reset was...
  9. TPM-Factory Reset

in Windows 10 Customization
    TPM-Factory Reset: I was attempting a factory reset. I created a Restore Drive on another Desktop using Win10 and began the restore. At 30% I had to leave my desk and when I returned 3 hours later, I had a blue rectangle on the screen which stated: "The Following configuration change was...
  10. Reset TPM keys

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Reset TPM keys: After my latest update to windows 10, it shows that I need to reset my TPM keys, my issue is that I have a parallel version of Ubuntu running and right now, as of this moment I have UEFI secure boot enabled and both OS Windows and Ubuntu are UEFI enabled, my query is that if...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. TPM configuration change message keeps coming up at every restart

2. a configuration request to change tpm

3. a configuration tpm

4. A configuration change,
  5. f2 to reject clear tpm,
  6. what is the tmp change configuration request when resetting a pc,
  7. a configuration change was requested tpm,
  8. when doing a factory reset should i clear the tpm,
  9. dell a configuration change was requested,
  10. how to get rid of tpm error,
  11. clearing erases information stored for intel ptt,
  12. a configuration change was requested to clear,
  13. a configuration change tpm,
  14. if i click f12 to reset tpm and sell laptop will new user be able to log in,
  15. tpm alert message after reset of system