Windows 10: Configure 10 pro to always use Tablet Mode

Discus and support Configure 10 pro to always use Tablet Mode in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Good Morning, Im not sure if what i want to do is possible, but i have a project to setup some machines to be used to access the internet, What i... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by bobmanuk, Sep 21, 2015.

1. bobmanuk Win User

Configure 10 pro to always use Tablet Mode

Good Morning,

Im not sure if what i want to do is possible, but i have a project to setup some machines to be used to access the internet, What i want to do is not have a desktop at all, but have the tablet mode with links to IE(or edge) firefox and chrome, word excel etc.

I was thinking of setting things via group policy and while i can lock down most things, tablet mode doesnt seem to be an option. Maybe registry instead?

At the moment i have 2 windows XP machines, but they are frozen in a certain state, which means that windows/virus updates dont stay... this is not suitable, especially for users that print boarding passes or documents via USB.

Any suggestions are welcomed.

Thanks.

:)

bobmanuk, Sep 21, 2015

2. Surface Pro 3 running Windows 10 Pro going into Tablet mode when docked

When I dock my Surface Pro 3 running Windows 10 Pro (with the keyboard attached) it for some reason is going into tablet mode instead of laptop mode. Any ideas why? My tablet mode setting is set to "Don't ask me and always switch".

RahulKapoor, Sep 21, 2015
  3. JAMMPRO Win User
    My tablet no longer senses landscape screen orientation, with Windows 10; it always stays in portrait orientation!

I upgraded to Windows 10 last night on my Venue 8 Pro Tablet. Since then, the tablet does not change its screen orientation to its position: it always stays in Portrait mode and will not go into landscape mode when I turn the tablet around. It use to
    work just fine with Windows 8.1. How can I fix this?

JAMMPRO, Sep 21, 2015
Thema:

Configure 10 pro to always use Tablet Mode

1. Configure 10 pro to always use Tablet Mode - Similar Threads - Configure pro always

2. tablet mode

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    tablet mode: I was playing genshin impact on my laptop and wanted to try it with tablet mode so I flipped the screen to turn on tablet mode the game was open so it adjusted to the screen vertically and when I switched back the game screen was stuck and don't know what to do but this is...
  3. facing problem in using tablet mode

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    facing problem in using tablet mode: it shows that your pc is projecting to another screen try reinstalling the driver or using a different video card https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/facing-problem-in-using-tablet-mode/8ee14272-fcd9-4cea-9259-1cb98367209e
  4. How to use touchpad in tablet mode or tent mode

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to use touchpad in tablet mode or tent mode: Hi,I have Windows 10 - HP Spectra 360 laptop. When I bend my laptop above 180 degrees, the system automatically disabling the touchpad mouse pad & keyboard.Can someone suggest me how can I use the touchpad and keyboard in the tab mode or tent mode?I have made device Regedit >...
  5. Windows 10 Tablet Mode

Windows 10 Tablet Mode: Hello All. I would like to talk about Microsoft’s direction for Tablet Mode for tablets and 2in1’s. I am still using an Alcatel Idol 4s with Windows 10 mobile as a pocket computer. Windows 10 mobile, IMHO, is probably the finest mobile OS that has ever been develped for those...
  6. "When I'm not using tablet mode" while Surface Pro is docked

"When I'm not using tablet mode" while Surface Pro is docked: With the 2004 update, it would seem that Windows sees the device Surface Pro 5 as not having a keyboard attached while docked. It uses the "When I'm not using tablet mode" settings in the Tablet Settings menu while docked. Thus, the icons and menus are more spread out. When I...
  7. Tablet Mode

Tablet Mode: HP Stream Windows 10 home...tablet mode is on but isn't working. It worked when I first purchased the computer then just stopped. I'm afraid I hit a wrong setting...any advice??...
  8. can't use tablet mode

can't use tablet mode: hello I just bought an acer desktop and even if I turn on the tablet mode on I cannot use it (touchscreen feature won't work) is there no touch screen feature in this acer desktop so that I can use tablet mode??...
  9. tablet mode

tablet mode: I saw my brother use the tablet mode but he does not want to tell me how I put it, they could help me https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/tablet-mode/417db7cb-1d88-41a7-bcf4-ac007ef5a73f
  10. Tablet Mode

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Tablet Mode: Tablet Mode doesn"t work Windows 10 64 bit https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/apps_windows_10-winapps-appscat_tools/tablet-mode/20aaec50-f38f-4066-a10f-8fa9bb6a02b7