Windows 10: Configure IIS under different Domain user than the current logged in User domain

Discus and support Configure IIS under different Domain user than the current logged in User domain in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hi, We have to configure IIS 1o.o for web application/services which requires windows authentications to connect with backend DB and other services... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by maninder.s.bhatia, Jul 18, 2018.

1. Configure IIS under different Domain user than the current logged in User domain

Hi,

We have to configure IIS 1o.o for web application/services which requires windows authentications to connect with backend DB and other services for application to work. We have machines in which user has Admin access in Domain1 (i.e. Domain1/User1). But the application needs Domain2 (i.e. Domain2/User2) to access database/backend services (hosted in Domain2 network). As developer we need to configure IIS for this scenario. Can someone please share some details how we can do this?

Thanks.

:)

maninder.s.bhatia, Jul 18, 2018
  2. RobJM# Win User

User Name or Password Incorrect When Trying to Log In as Domain User

I've tried searching repeatedly for an answer to this problem but I seem to be getting nowhere.

My client purchased a desktop PC with Windows 10 Home edition installed. I upgraded the machine to Windows 10 Pro. I added a Microsoft account to the machine.

I logged in using this account and added the machine to the domain (Windows Server 8). When prompted to enter a domain user account, I used my Administrator account. The machine was added fine. I can see it in the list of devices on the server.

Now when I try to log in to the machine as a domain user or the domain administrator, I get an error. Here are my steps at the login screen:

1. Click on Other user (Note that "Sign in to: <DOMAIN>" is displayed)

2. Enter user name (I've also tried DOMAIN\User and *** Email address is removed for privacy ***)

3. Enter password.

4. Click on arrow.

5. Message displayed is "The user name or password is incorrect. Try again."

I've tried multiple domain accounts and verified their passwords. It seems that only the local/Microsoft account will let me into the PC.

RobJM#, Jul 18, 2018
  3. Scoggs Win User
    Domain users immediately logged out

Currently having an issue with standard privilege domain users who haven't logged into the machine getting logged out immediately.

This is only happening to machines that updated to version 1703 (Creators Update) and only to users with standard privileges as users with elevated privileges have no issues logging in.

We have tried the registry fix/workaround to no effect (https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/555648). We have also tried removing the profile and keys then attempting another login, as well as removing and adding the machines back onto the domain.

We are using Windows 10 Education (v. 1703) on a Server 2012 R2 Domain.

Edit:

Forgot to mention. If the user logged in at some point before the update, they are still able to login without issue.

Scoggs, Jul 18, 2018
  4. Configure IIS under different Domain user than the current logged in User domain

Windows 10Pro unable to login 2008 domain from domain user after upgrade

• I upgraded our Windows 7 Pro to Windows 10 and it's done successfully
    • When I log in with domain Administrator account and it works fine
    • But when I tried to log in with existing domain user or new domain user after entering the password the welcome screen shows then sign out immediately

• Windows 10 Pro is activated by digital license
    • Windows 10Pro inbuilt antivirus only
    • Windows 2008 R2 Domain controller -- Forest and domain set as 2008 R2

[Moved from: Windows / Windows 10 / Windows update, recovery, & backup]

Ayyanar Sithanandhan, Jul 18, 2018
Thema:

Configure IIS under different Domain user than the current logged in User domain

1. Configure IIS under different Domain user than the current logged in User domain - Similar Threads - Configure IIS under

2. Convert current windows user into domain account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Convert current windows user into domain account: Good day,I am facing an issue with a softwarre called idaPDA when connecting to server. I want to use my laptop as the server However, the error i am getting is this So, how can I change my current windows user to a domain account ??Thank you....
  3. Convert current windows user into domain account

in Windows 10 Customization
    Convert current windows user into domain account: Good day,I am facing an issue with a softwarre called idaPDA when connecting to server. I want to use my laptop as the server However, the error i am getting is this So, how can I change my current windows user to a domain account ??Thank you....
  4. IIS: autologon from current domain user work on name but on IP

in Windows 10 Gaming
    IIS: autologon from current domain user work on name but on IP: Then I try to access my intranet website hosted on IIS server via name : http://mywebsite I am automatically logged on with my current user Domain. That's what I want!If I try to access the website through IP :http://123.12.1.100 I receive a login request.If I save the login...
  5. IIS: autologon from current domain user work on name but on IP

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    IIS: autologon from current domain user work on name but on IP: Then I try to access my intranet website hosted on IIS server via name : http://mywebsite I am automatically logged on with my current user Domain. That's what I want!If I try to access the website through IP :http://123.12.1.100 I receive a login request.If I save the login...
  6. User@Domain / Domain\User problem

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    User@Domain / Domain\User problem: So I was checking my Windows 10 computer and saw that there was no domain, it was in a WORKGROUP. I needed to use the format "User@Domain" or "Domain\User" for something, and I do not know what to put. The username is just "User" and there is no password. submitted by...
  7. Computer configuration VS user configuration (non-domain)

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Computer configuration VS user configuration (non-domain): I am trying to improve my IT skills and need professional explanation about the difference between Computer configuration and user configuration? [ATTACH]...
  8. Logging in as new User in domain

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Logging in as new User in domain: My fully updated Win10 machine logs into my domain as "Other User" and just spins - after a restart. I've also tried to log in as an Administrator and the same thing happens. If I shut down it will let me log in normal. My pdc is a Windows Server 2012 R2 with no dns issues -...
  9. Logging in as Other User in domain

in Windows 10 Support
    Logging in as Other User in domain: My fully updated Win10 machine logs into my domain as "Other User" and just spins - after a restart. I've also tried to log in as an Administrator and the same thing happens. If I shut down it will let me log in normal. My pdc is a Windows Server 2012 R2 with no dns issues -...
  10. Domain users?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Domain users?: Our company has about 40 Laptops that all have windows 7 on them. Since they are all connected to our domain the GWX app will not appear on any. Would running the upgrade from a WIN 10 DVD activate properly? 9968