Windows 10: 'Configure' Option in Sound

Discus and support 'Configure' Option in Sound in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hey there, I've been trying to change my headset to change to the 'stereo' option, as it is a usb wireless headset and some games don't support it as... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by GeneralJay, Aug 23, 2018.

1. 'Configure' Option in Sound

Hey there,

I've been trying to change my headset to change to the 'stereo' option, as it is a usb wireless headset and some games don't support it as well. My issue is this -- when I try to configure it, the configure option is grayed out. I've looked for solutions to no avail. I was wondering if someone could help me with this. Thanks!

:)

GeneralJay, Aug 23, 2018
  2. cadaveca Win User

Good surround sound headset

I know you say you're not that guy, but stepping into the $250+ range really brings a change in build quality that might have you never having to buy another set. Otherwise, getting 6 speakers with decent sound in a headset is hard, and that's what you are asking for, and I have no suggestions, but just a bump up the list. *Stick Out Tongue 'Configure' Option in Sound :p

cadaveca, Aug 23, 2018
  3. Solaris17 Win User
    is there any demand for a system configurator?

Processor(V) <--drop down arrow
    -AMD(V)
    --Socket(V)
    ---AM2(V)
    ----List of cpu's
    ---939(V)
    ----List of CPU's
    -Intel(V)
    --Socket(V)
    ---775(V)
    ----List of cpu's
    ---771(V)
    ----List of CPU's

etc etc.

Solaris17, Aug 23, 2018
  4. Arun B J Win User

'Configure' Option in Sound

Sound configuration problems

Hi lavel,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

I suggest you to refer the link below and check if it helps.

Method 1: Hardware Troubleshoot

Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with Sound. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with your Audio

Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key +X, select Control panel
    • Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons
    • Click on troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel
    • Run the playing Audio troubleshooter

Method 2.

Try updating the Audio drivers from the manufacturer's website and check if the issue persists.

Follow the steps to update the audio drivers:

a. Press Windows key + X key and click Device Manager.

b. Expand the Sound, Video and game controllers.

c. Right-click on the Sound card and click on Update driver software.

d. Restart the computer and check.

Method 3:

No sound in Windows.

Refer the link below.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows/no-sound-help#no-sound=windows-8&v1h=win8tab4&v2h=win7tab1&v3h=winvistatab1&v4h=winxptab1

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help

Arun B J, Aug 23, 2018
Thema:

'Configure' Option in Sound

1. 'Configure' Option in Sound - Similar Threads - 'Configure' Option Sound

2. Azure VPN Client - Configuration options

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Azure VPN Client - Configuration options: Hello everyone,I'm currently deploying the Azure VPN Client in a enterprise environment to several users. However, I noticed that there are not many settings that can be configured during the installation. Below an overview of settings I would like to have configured during...
  3. Azure VPN Client - Configuration options

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Azure VPN Client - Configuration options: Hello everyone,I'm currently deploying the Azure VPN Client in a enterprise environment to several users. However, I noticed that there are not many settings that can be configured during the installation. Below an overview of settings I would like to have configured during...
  4. Incorrectly configured the Boot Advanced Options

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Incorrectly configured the Boot Advanced Options: I have altered the Processor and Memory settings for the System Configuration - BOOT Advanced options. MSConfig App. I increased the Processor and Memory the to maximum values available.Having done the alteration, I laptop failed to reboot. It has stopped at the point it...
  5. Incorrectly configured the Boot Advanced Options

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Incorrectly configured the Boot Advanced Options: I have altered the Processor and Memory settings for the System Configuration - BOOT Advanced options. MSConfig App. I increased the Processor and Memory the to maximum values available.Having done the alteration, I laptop failed to reboot. It has stopped at the point it...
  6. sound options

in Windows 10 Customization
    sound options: must you choose either internal audio or headphone jack output.prior upgrades allowed either with auto switching to headphones when the plug was installed. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sound-options/19c53a56-6bde-4bb0-9445-3398f817e75e
  7. System configuration boot option changed

System configuration boot option changed: I accidently choose the incorrect default OS in the BOOT tab in the System Configuration setting and now my laptop just keeps rebooting. I cant access safe mode. I have a ssd and hd installed in case that matters....
  8. BitLocker Startup Options Configured Incorrectly

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    BitLocker Startup Options Configured Incorrectly: Hi, I recently installed a Gigabyte TPM module onto my Gigabyte motherboard to enable BitLocker on my Windows OS drive. However, attempting to configure BitLocker, I get the "Startup options on this PC are configured incorrectly." message. I was in local GPO and enabled the...
  9. Task scheduler "configure for" option

Task scheduler "configure for" option: As title suggests, i have a doubt regarding that part of the task scheduler activities. I own a windows 10 OS and all my microsoft-made task are cofigured for like windows server 2008 and stuff like that, while there is, in each of those tasks, an option labeled precisely...
  10. System configuration boot advanced options.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    System configuration boot advanced options.: I have 2x 4 core Intel xeon 5470 processors and 64 GB 800htz fully buffered memory. Boot advanced options in system configuration says number of processors = 1 and Maximum memory =0 Should I change them to 2 and 65536 and make all boot settings permanent?...