Windows 10: Configure TV to PC

Discus and support Configure TV to PC in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; Hi All, No genius here, more like 63 year old dinosaur. Monitor has a DVI to PC cable. PC has a Cat 6 to Modum (Smart TV in lounge operating on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by Gerald, Jul 4, 2016.

1. Gerald Win User

Configure TV to PC

Hi All, No genius here, more like 63 year old dinosaur.
    Monitor has a DVI to PC cable.
    PC has a Cat 6 to Modum (Smart TV in lounge operating on wireless, Cat 6 unplugged).
    Can watch Netflix on Monitor no problem, but screen too small from bed, so have taken my HD TV and connected it with a HDMI to PC, trying both No 1 & 2 ports on the TV and selected settings respectively.
    Cannot get a signal and display options on PC monitor, cannot detect TV/ 2nd screen.
    So with HDMI still connected, I connected a VGA cable from the Monitor to the TV. No luck
    Operating Win 10 32 bit Pro OS, x64-based processor. .AMD FX 4300 Quad Core Processor 3.8. DTV 2000 DS Plus TV Card.
    Thanks for your help and direction*Nerd. So end desire is to stream Netflix. All tech references to cables are from Googling, not my incredible Technical brain.

:)

Gerald, Jul 4, 2016
  2. nasch007 Win User

'Cast to Device' no longer working

Just as an update, I am able to successfully watch an episode when I start from the tv and use the tv's built in app. This has me thinking it must be something on the pc end for sure and not the tv or the network configuration.

nasch007, Jul 4, 2016
  3. How do i stop desktops changing when i power of a monitor?

I run 2 PCs and both of these conect to my TV. Both run Windows 10.

PC A is only connected to the TV

PC B is also connected to another two monitors.

When i switch the TV from PC B to PC A it changes dektops on the other two screens connected to PC B as the TV is no longer recieving the signal from it.

How do I stop it from doing this.

I want it to do nothing just leave everything as it is as ill be switching channel on the TV back to it in a few moments.

please note: that this is the only acceptable configuration in which i wish to run.

EarlwRobinson, Jul 4, 2016
Thema:

Configure TV to PC

1. Configure TV to PC - Similar Threads - Configure

2. My Ethernet shows it doesnt have a valid IP configuration

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My Ethernet shows it doesnt have a valid IP configuration: My PC was working fine the previous night but was suddenly showing this error when i boot it up. At first it was both the WIFI and LAN cable but after restarting the WIFI works fine. The LAN side is still showing problemsI have restarted the router, typed the CMD commands but...
  3. My Ethernet shows it doesnt have a valid IP configuration

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My Ethernet shows it doesnt have a valid IP configuration: My PC was working fine the previous night but was suddenly showing this error when i boot it up. At first it was both the WIFI and LAN cable but after restarting the WIFI works fine. The LAN side is still showing problemsI have restarted the router, typed the CMD commands but...
  4. My Ethernet shows it doesnt have a valid IP configuration

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Why pre installed Windows Pro laptop is costlier than cost of same configuration DOS laptop...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why pre installed Windows Pro laptop is costlier than cost of same configuration DOS laptop...: Hi,Recently I was checking the cost of laptop over internet and observed that the cost of preinstalled Windows 11 Pro comes higher that the quote for a supplier who was selling the same make and model configuration DOS laptop and OEM license separately....
  6. Why pre installed Windows Pro laptop is costlier than cost of same configuration DOS laptop...

Why pre installed Windows Pro laptop is costlier than cost of same configuration DOS laptop...: Hi,Recently I was checking the cost of laptop over internet and observed that the cost of preinstalled Windows 11 Pro comes higher that the quote for a supplier who was selling the same make and model configuration DOS laptop and OEM license separately....
  7. users cannot access network resources with IPv6 enabled on an IPv4 configured network

in Windows 10 Gaming
    users cannot access network resources with IPv6 enabled on an IPv4 configured network: users cannot access network resources with IPv6 enabled on an IPv4 configured network. We don't use IPv6, users can connect to our network via a VPN but with that network connection, if IPv6 is enabled they cannot see or access any network resources. Once it's disabled they...
  8. users cannot access network resources with IPv6 enabled on an IPv4 configured network

users cannot access network resources with IPv6 enabled on an IPv4 configured network: users cannot access network resources with IPv6 enabled on an IPv4 configured network. We don't use IPv6, users can connect to our network via a VPN but with that network connection, if IPv6 is enabled they cannot see or access any network resources. Once it's disabled they...
  9. users cannot access network resources with IPv6 enabled on an IPv4 configured network

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  10. How can the DNS be configured by the RM-1072 with the exact same setting digits as the Gateway?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can the DNS be configured by the RM-1072 with the exact same setting digits as the Gateway?: I have a RM-1072 Microsoft 640 LTE mobile phone that when I input the correct password it then configures the IP address correctly DHCP the Mask correctly, but sets the Gateway and the DNS as exactly the same xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx? The gateways is actually correct, but there is no...