Windows 10: Configuring an application so it doesn't show in the taskbar?

Discus and support Configuring an application so it doesn't show in the taskbar? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Is it possible to configure an application so it doesn't appear in the task bar? Thanks Dave 34595 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by perdrix, Dec 20, 2015.

1. perdrix Win User

Configuring an application so it doesn't show in the taskbar?

Is it possible to configure an application so it doesn't appear in the task bar?

Thanks
    Dave

:)

perdrix, Dec 20, 2015
  2. Seamunkee Win User

how to hide a folder so that it doesn't show in the phones photo folder live tile preview?

What about hiding a folder so that it doesn't show in the Livetile preview? Is that possible? Right everything shows on my phones photo folder live tile including photos from skydrive. It would be great if you could hide a folder so that it doesn't show.

Seamunkee, Dec 20, 2015
  3. Entegy Win User
    how to hide a folder so that it doesn't show in the phones photo folder live tile preview?

There's no option to hide a folder, but if you set pictures as favourites, the Live Tile will only take pictures set as favourites.

Entegy, Dec 20, 2015
  4. Word Man Win User

Right-click on its icon in the taskbar and select "Unpin from taskbar".

Word Man, Dec 20, 2015
  5. perdrix Win User
    Sorry, I should have been clearer. The application isn't pinned to the task bar.

When the application is running, it appears in the task bar, and in this case I don't want it to appear there. I know it is possible to do it in code as some applications have configuration options that allow them not to show there ... (at least when minimised).

Does that clarify what i'm looking for?

Thanks
    Dave

Sorry, I

perdrix, Dec 20, 2015
  6. Edwin New Member
    One of 3 things:
    - give the application shortcut a 'blank' icon,
    - move the running application to another 'Virtual Desktop'
    - download and run any one of a dozen softwares that will minimize a running application to the System Tray instead of the Taskbar.

Edwin, Dec 20, 2015
  7. Word Man Win User
    Ah, OK. Then maybe it's a matter of following Brink's Tutorial found here: https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/5...dows-10-a.html

Word Man, Dec 20, 2015
  8. Edwin New Member

I think this is more or less what the OP is after:

Configuring an application so it doesn't show in the taskbar? [​IMG]

(It's only 'glowing' cuz my mouse had just hovered on it) *Wink

Edwin, Dec 20, 2015
  9. perdrix Win User
    Except I don't want it in the task bar even when displayed *Smile Looks like I'm out of luck on this one

perdrix, Dec 20, 2015
  10. f14tomcat Win User
    You could open a new desktop, fire up your app, switch back to original desktop, and it won't show. Only on the desktop you started it on.

f14tomcat, Dec 20, 2015
  11. Edwin New Member
    Edwin, Dec 21, 2015
  12. f14tomcat Win User
    f14tomcat, Dec 21, 2015
  13. Edwin New Member

Yeah, but then you're supposed to set 'Show no icons'! *Wink

Configuring an application so it doesn't show in the taskbar? [​IMG]

Edwin, Dec 21, 2015
  14. f14tomcat Win User
    Is that a little like throwing the baby out with the bath water? *Rolleyes

f14tomcat, Dec 21, 2015
  15. Edwin New Member
    Naw, it's so you can run 'sketchy' programs without your mum noticing over your shoulder! *Wink

Edwin, Dec 21, 2015
Thema:

1. Configuring an application so it doesn't show in the taskbar? - Similar Threads - Configuring application doesn't

2. Taskbar Search Doesn't Show Recents

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Taskbar Search Doesn't Show Recents: When I go to the search icon in taskbar, right click to open pane, click on search, it only shows trending and masses of irrelevant crud. It used to show recent searches, making the box pretty empty, which was great. Now suddenly it has tons of useless suggestions. How do I...
  3. Taskbar Search Doesn't Show Recents

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Taskbar Search Doesn't Show Recents: When I go to the search icon in taskbar, right click to open pane, click on search, it only shows trending and masses of irrelevant crud. It used to show recent searches, making the box pretty empty, which was great. Now suddenly it has tons of useless suggestions. How do I...
  4. Right click on applications in taskbar doesn't show all optins

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Right click on applications in taskbar doesn't show all optins: Attaching a screenshot, basically the options that the right click shows are no longer visible. This is true for all applications.In this eg, Google chrome should show actions like "New WIndow" and "New Incognito Window".Why does microsoft break things that worked ?...
  5. Right click on applications in taskbar doesn't show all optins

Right click on applications in taskbar doesn't show all optins: Attaching a screenshot, basically the options that the right click shows are no longer visible. This is true for all applications.In this eg, Google chrome should show actions like "New WIndow" and "New Incognito Window".Why does microsoft break things that worked ?...
  6. Taskbar Configuration

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Taskbar Configuration: I have updated from Windows 10, 221H1, TO Windows 11, 21H2. I really miss having the ability to display labels on Icons that are open in the taskbar. Currently I have, for example, the generic icon shown but if I have several other links open within that icon I have to hover...
  7. Taskbar Configuration

Taskbar Configuration: I have updated from Windows 10, 221H1, TO Windows 11, 21H2. I really miss having the ability to display labels on Icons that are open in the taskbar. Currently I have, for example, the generic icon shown but if I have several other links open within that icon I have to hover...
  8. Battery icon doesn't showing in taskbar

in Windows 10 Customization
    Battery icon doesn't showing in taskbar: The battery icon suddenly disappears from the taskbar. Please help me out https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/battery-icon-doesnt-showing-in-taskbar/8f4bbff4-37a6-4a60-9663-f9068c05bc05
  9. How to configure the width of applications in the taskbar in Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to configure the width of applications in the taskbar in Windows 10?: Since this Morning, the width of app in the taskbar are spread along it. I would like to restore the previous behavior of the taskbar. How can I fix this? [ATTACH] I have Windows 10 Enterprise 2004...
  10. Change an application so it doesn't appear in the taskbar

Change an application so it doesn't appear in the taskbar: I have an old application which I have running all the time, which I don't want to appear in the taskbar (left hand part to the right of the start button). Is there any way using registry entries or mods to the shortcut to have it continue to run but not show in the...