Windows 10: Configuring Realtek HD Audio - To grey or not to grey

Discus and support Configuring Realtek HD Audio - To grey or not to grey in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hey guys. Consdiering I'm currently running 7, this may not be the most optimal place to drop a question, but I figure that the Realtek interface... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by mrquixx, Jan 5, 2016.

1. mrquixx Win User

Configuring Realtek HD Audio - To grey or not to grey

Hey guys. Consdiering I'm currently running 7, this may not be the most optimal place to drop a question, but I figure that the Realtek interface really hasn't changed too much over the years. When I'm configuring my surround sound, after setting the driver to a 5:1, I can see the interface that looks like a room with all the speakers shown that are apart of the 5:1 setup. Every speaker here is greyed out except for my left and right monitors, but they all seem to play the test tone along with the front speakers, but ONLY when they're greyed out. The L&R seem to work normally - playing the test when lit and not when greyed, but all other speakers only test tone through when they're greyed, which I would assume means they're deactivated - therefore, I am a confused man. Basically what I'm wondering is, considering I do want to take advantage of any surround capabilities possible, whether I leave them greyed and able to test tone or checked off to actually utilize my center, sides, etc.... this may end just being a very stupid question, but I guess I just assumed that if the test tone plays in its space then it will work in programs, am I wrong? Been curious about this one for a bit, any advice is mucho appreciated.*Think
    ps. If anyone well versed in configuring audio hubs happens to read this: If I only have 2 monitors and the moment and currently don't have an interface to get my separate sub and center working, should I even be using a 5:1 or 7:1, or just stick with the lone front speakers?

:)

mrquixx, Jan 5, 2016
  2. AiStudent Win User

Windows 10 increases volume by itself

If all boxes except "more information" was grey go back to general and then "change configurations" (guessing since I'm on Swedish settings) down below. In the new window drivers->rollback wasn't greyed out.

Appears Realtek was replaced with High definition audio service Microsoft.

AiStudent, Jan 5, 2016
  3. No dolby digital 5.1 sound frrom realtk onboard hd audio...

Hello, I am trying to get dolby digital 5.1 sound from my yamaha soundbar..... Its capable of decoding dd5.1 as there is a light to indicate such operation. Right now I have an alienware x51 machine that has realtek hd audio and i have it wired up through
    a coaxial connection. The problem is, that when i try to play any source I cannot get true DD 5.1 surround and must settle for dolby pro logic II matrix surround decoder. Oddly, enough when i choose to configure my realtek onboard audio through playback devices
    the configure tab is permantely greyed out. This is true, even when the deafult device is set to realtek audio. Any suggestions? Thank you all for your time Configuring Realtek HD Audio - To grey or not to grey :)

EmmanuelLuna, Jan 5, 2016
  4. CountMike New Member

Desktop or laptop computer ?
    Back or front connections ?

CountMike, Jan 5, 2016
  5. mrquixx Win User
    Back. I use a converter that splits two of the 3 pronged male patch cords to a single cord that can plug into my green audio input in the back.

mrquixx, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Configuring Realtek HD Audio - To grey or not to grey - Similar Threads - Configuring Realtek Audio

2. Realtek HD Audio Not Working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Realtek HD Audio Not Working: Hello, I am having an issue with Realtek not working on my computer, or better yet not even showing up anywhere in device manager. The only places Realtek pops up is in the task manager under start up and services and in the program files, but I don't believe all the files...
  3. Realtek sample rate greyed out

in Windows 10 Customization
    Realtek sample rate greyed out: Hi,I cant change my speakers sample rate. The option is grayed out. I need to change the sample rate from 48hz to 44.1hz.What can I do. I tried to update the driver and did troubleshooting. Nothing happens. Can you help me. Thank you....
  4. Realtek HD audio

Realtek HD audio: I just bought a new pc this christmas and plugged my hyper x cloud alphas with the splitter into the pc, after working past all the buggy issues and such and I tried playing the game Modern Warfare warzone, as of playing it I realized that I was only getting sound that was in...
  5. Realtek hd audio manager

Realtek hd audio manager: Hi all, so recently i installed windows 10, and try to connect my 3.5mm jack headphone to my computer front panel, and it doesn’t work back panel is a little bit far for my headphones. So i tried to install hd audio manager to solve the problem, i installed the driver, but i...
  6. Realtek HD Audio Manager - Back Panel greyed out

Realtek HD Audio Manager - Back Panel greyed out: Hello, I am trying to disable to jack detection of the back panel. I'm trying to connect my 3.5mm jacks of my headset there and it doesn't seem to be working. Same with my front. When I disabled my front jack panel detection, it allowed me to connect my headset. However...
  7. Realtek HD Audio Manager

Realtek HD Audio Manager: I can no longer get sound out of my computer. The Realtek HD Audio Manager Show all of the different ports for my system, however there is no sound out of them. I can plug in headphones to the headphone port and get sound out of the test sound function, but there is no sound...
  8. Realtek HD Audio

Realtek HD Audio: My computer was working great until the Windows 10 update last week. Now the Realtek HD Audio and Intel(R) HD Graphics 3000 drivers are not working. I have tried all of the manual updates and troubleshooting to no avail. I have done a lot of research and this seems to be a...
  9. Realtek HD Audio Manager

Realtek HD Audio Manager: When I plug my mic in to the correct pink audio jack, the realtek manager shows up and asks me what type of device im using so i click mic in and when i try to talk to someone or record something, they cant hear me. i hear them just fine. I do have a splitter. It was working...
  10. Spatial Sound greyed out when using Realtek Audio drivers

Spatial Sound greyed out when using Realtek Audio drivers: IS there any way to enable Spatial Sound using Realtek drivers? It works when using High Definition Audio Driver from Microsoft.. 106793