Windows 10: Configuring User Logins At Common Workstation Locations

Discus and support Configuring User Logins At Common Workstation Locations in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; I have a series of laptops running W10 Professional that will be running in our different A/V rooms, and these laptops are on our domain. For security... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by js0873, Jun 27, 2018.

1. js0873 Win User

Configuring User Logins At Common Workstation Locations

I have a series of laptops running W10 Professional that will be running in our different A/V rooms, and these laptops are on our domain. For security reasons I’ll want anyone using them to log on with their own domain userid, not a common one for each room. When they log on I want them to have a common desktop set of icons and other parameters to be set for that location as well, but I’m not sure how to do all that so I’m looking for some help. Here’s things I’d like to have:

• As I mentioned, they should have the same set of desktop icons. I assume I can put those in in the default user profile. Edge, though, pops up regardless and it’s not in there.
    • I want them all to have the same logon timeout from inactivity, 15 minutes.
    • I want to have the text enlarged to a common percentage, as much as 175%, so that it’s easy to read in the A/V room, but what I’m finding is that the text zoom percentage is at the individual user level, not the all user level, so I don’t know how to set that up as a default.
    • We use Office 2013 and I’d like that preconfigured for folks vs. going through a first time setup the first time they log in to the machine. Is that possible?
    Any ideas on those, or how do other folks handle common workstation locations and user logins?

:)

js0873, Jun 27, 2018
  2. ugn10 Win User

Configure VMware Workstation

Hi,
    Based on a scenario, I have queries as following.

• VMware Workstation 12 Pro is installed in a Windows 10 Desktop.
    • As guest OS, Windows 7, Windows 8.1, Windows 10 and Windows Server 2012 R2 are installed in VMware Workstation.
    • I have to do a setup for networking practice with guest OS.
    • I have DHCP enabled router installed by the internet service provider.
    Network setting of all guest OS is bridged and I have to install and configure DNS, DHCP and AD in Windows Server 2012 R2.

I am not able to configure DNS and DHCP in Windows Server 2012 R2.
    I read, only one DHCP can be configured in a LAN and already a DHCP-enabled router in this LAN.

Please guide me a tip and trick for setting up networking with guest OS in this scenario.

I believe, I explained well.

ugn10, Jun 27, 2018
  3. Solaris17 Win User
    is there any demand for a system configurator?

Processor(V) <--drop down arrow
    -AMD(V)
    --Socket(V)
    ---AM2(V)
    ----List of cpu's
    ---939(V)
    ----List of CPU's
    -Intel(V)
    --Socket(V)
    ---775(V)
    ----List of cpu's
    ---771(V)
    ----List of CPU's

etc etc.

Solaris17, Jun 27, 2018
  4. Configuring User Logins At Common Workstation Locations

Location service is greyed out

Hi Shahriar,

Thank you for responding.

Sorry for the inconvenience caused for you, I suggest you to try the below troubleshooting steps and check If it helps.

Step 1: Steps to turn on the Location settings.

• Login as an administrator.
    • Press Windows key, type Location settings and select
      Change location settings.
    • Check whether Location for this device is On by clicking on
      Change
    • Also turn on Location as well.

Step 2: And as you are unable to set the service Geolocation service to automatic, I suggest you to run SFC scan and check.

System File Checker is a utility in Windows that allows users to scan for corruptions in Windows system files and restore corrupted files.

Follow the below steps:

• Right click on the Start button, click on
      Command Prompt (Admin).

• Type “sfc /scannow” without the quotes and hit
      Enter.

• After the scan, restart the computer and check for the issue.

Try to set the service to automatic by following the steps provided in the above post by Praveen Venugopal.

Hope it helps. Kindly update the status of the issue, we will be happy to help you.

Deepika Gowda, Jun 27, 2018
Thema:

Configuring User Logins At Common Workstation Locations

1. Configuring User Logins At Common Workstation Locations - Similar Threads - Configuring User Logins

2. User profile service failed to login - windows 10 profession workstation

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    User profile service failed to login - windows 10 profession workstation: Hello,I was trying to rest my laptop because the Drive C was full. In the beginning of the resetting, it told me to free up some space. So, I started to delete some files and folders one of the folders was "Users". After resetting finished, when I try to log in, I get error...
  3. User profile service failed to login - windows 10 profession workstation

in Windows 10 Gaming
    User profile service failed to login - windows 10 profession workstation: Hello,I was trying to rest my laptop because the Drive C was full. In the beginning of the resetting, it told me to free up some space. So, I started to delete some files and folders one of the folders was "Users". After resetting finished, when I try to log in, I get error...
  4. User profile service failed to login - windows 10 profession workstation

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. mutiple users configuration

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    mutiple users configuration: In windows pro,can two users work simultaneously ??if not, can we buy CAL and configure to windows 10 pro version.or what is the other alternative ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mutiple-users-configuration/c1306a29-4ce0-443b-a9b1-cb1ed89d6d66
  6. Show "common" users on login screen in Windows 10 pro/AD connected workstations

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Show "common" users on login screen in Windows 10 pro/AD connected workstations: Is it possible to specify a half dozen or so "common" users on an Azure AD connected and managed workstation that would be able to login by clicking on their name (and then entering their password) on the lock screen/switch user menu? (i.e. instead of typing their full...
  7. A User located in C:\User doesn't appear under Local Users and Groups or at Login

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    A User located in C:\User doesn't appear under Local Users and Groups or at Login: I have a User Profile that appears under C:\Users, but doesn't show up under the Computer Management Local; Local Users and Groups; Users, or as an option at the Login Screen. How do I enable it?...
  8. Computer configuration VS user configuration

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Computer configuration VS user configuration: I am trying to improve my IT skills and need professional explanation about the difference between Computer configuration and user configuration? [img] 132031
  9. User Logins on Common Workstation Locations Configuring

in Windows 10 Support
    User Logins on Common Workstation Locations Configuring: I have a series of laptops running W10 Professional that will be running in our different A/V rooms, and these laptops are on our domain. For security reasons I’ll want anyone using them to log on with their own domain userid, not a common one for each room. When they log on...
  10. Configure VMware Workstation

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    Configure VMware Workstation: Hi, Based on a scenario, I have queries as following. VMware Workstation 12 Pro is installed in a Windows 10 Desktop. As guest OS, Windows 7, Windows 8.1, Windows 10 and Windows Server 2012 R2 are installed in VMware Workstation. I have to do a setup for networking...