Windows 10: Configuring Windows Update

Discus and support Configuring Windows Update in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I have configured Windows Updates on my Windows 10 Pro system using GPEdit to "Notify before downloading or installing any updates". Unless I am... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by johnpd, Apr 13, 2016.

1. johnpd Win User

Configuring Windows Update

I have configured Windows Updates on my Windows 10 Pro system using GPEdit to "Notify before downloading or installing any updates". Unless I am misunderstanding what this really means, it seems to be ignoring this setting. When I check for updates, it automatically starts the download and proceeds to do the install without asking. Am I wrong in my understanding of this setting that it should indicate that there are downloads available and ask me if I want to download and install the updates before actually doing them?

JohnD

:)

johnpd, Apr 13, 2016
  2. Ameerk Win User

Configuring Windows update

Hi

What happens is every time i turn on my laptop it will come up with the “configuring windows update” message and when it completes it will say “we couldn’t complete the updates Undoing changes don’t turn off your computer”

i havent made any changes to the software, i remember having issues with the windows 8 software when it was on my laptop but i havent used it much so i didnt try to find a solution.

I’ll try the windows update troubleshooter for now and reply later with what happens.

I have used the trouble shooter and it says service registration is missing or corrupt

there was no other issue

Ameerk, Apr 13, 2016
  3. Ameerk Win User
    Configuring Windows update

my laptop takes a long time to start up as it configures windows updates and then it would say it fails and try to restart the laptop, it usually takes about 10 minutes to actually start working. Also the recent security updates cant successfully download
    for some reason.

my laptop is a HP pavillion g6

[Original title: Configuring windows update]

Ameerk, Apr 13, 2016
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Hello John, *Smile

Yep, when using that option:

If you manually check for updates, then the updates will always be automatically downloaded and installed.

If you let Windows automatically check for updates and notify you when updates are available, then this policy will let you disable automatic updates.

I find that using OPTION FOUR in the tutorial below to set your network as a metered connection works best to stop automatic updates.

https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/8...dows-10-a.html

Brink, Apr 13, 2016
  5. johnpd Win User
    Thanks Brink. I will wait on them in the future.

JohnD

johnpd, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Configuring Windows Update - Similar Threads - Configuring Update

2. After update I'm receiving the configuration screen but as a white screen without any...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    After update I'm receiving the configuration screen but as a white screen without any...: When the windows was updated and I reopened the laptop a white window ,that I'm assuming is the configuration window where you need to setup certain things related to user and habits, is displayed and can't continue because There is nothing to select.I only have the...
  3. After update I'm receiving the configuration screen but as a white screen without any...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    After update I'm receiving the configuration screen but as a white screen without any...: When the windows was updated and I reopened the laptop a white window ,that I'm assuming is the configuration window where you need to setup certain things related to user and habits, is displayed and can't continue because There is nothing to select.I only have the...
  4. After update I'm receiving the configuration screen but as a white screen without any...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Windows Configuration Update KB5035942 successfully installed and seems to be re-installing...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Configuration Update KB5035942 successfully installed and seems to be re-installing...: I am running Windows 11 Pro version 23H2, build 22631.3447 on my personal Lenovo desktop and anywhere from several days ago to possibly a week ago I had been working on my computer and went to do some other things. When I came back, I could tell that the machine had re-booted...
  6. Windows Configuration Update KB5035942 successfully installed and seems to be re-installing...

Windows Configuration Update KB5035942 successfully installed and seems to be re-installing...: I am running Windows 11 Pro version 23H2, build 22631.3447 on my personal Lenovo desktop and anywhere from several days ago to possibly a week ago I had been working on my computer and went to do some other things. When I came back, I could tell that the machine had re-booted...
  7. Configure reverse proxy for windows update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Configure reverse proxy for windows update: Hello,We have the following scenario : We have multiple windows servers in our infrastructure which needs to get updates from Microsoft but they don't have internet connectionWe have deployed a reverse proxynginx and in it's config we have defined a path "wsus.local" which we...
  8. Configure reverse proxy for windows update

Configure reverse proxy for windows update: Hello,We have the following scenario : We have multiple windows servers in our infrastructure which needs to get updates from Microsoft but they don't have internet connectionWe have deployed a reverse proxynginx and in it's config we have defined a path "wsus.local" which we...
  9. REAGENTC.EXE: Unable to update Boot Configuration Data.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    REAGENTC.EXE: Unable to update Boot Configuration Data.: I'm unable to enable WindowsRE, could someone help me solve this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/reagentcexe-unable-to-update-boot-configuration/68527e45-b502-458b-a5f3-54eaf117cd12
  10. REAGENTC.EXE: Unable to update Boot Configuration Data.

REAGENTC.EXE: Unable to update Boot Configuration Data.: I'm unable to enable WindowsRE, could someone help me solve this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/reagentcexe-unable-to-update-boot-configuration/68527e45-b502-458b-a5f3-54eaf117cd12