Windows 10: Conflicting information on my storage space

Discus and support Conflicting information on my storage space in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I posted over in drivers and hardware and getting no replies. Trying here... System Info: Windows 10 Pro 64 bit V 1703 Build 15063.674 When I look... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by 56Kruiser, May 15, 2018.

1. 56Kruiser Win User

Conflicting information on my storage space

I posted over in drivers and hardware and getting no replies. Trying here...

System Info:
    Windows 10 Pro 64 bit
    V 1703
    Build 15063.674

When I look at the 'drive' from the explorer, it shows: Total Size: 4.99 TB Available space: 3.37TB.

Now, when I look at the storage space through Manage Storage Space...see the screen capture:

I'm really confused. Am I about out of space or not?

:)

56Kruiser, May 15, 2018
  2. Geethu B Win User

can't manage my storage spaces

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community. I will surely help you.

Storage Spaces lets you group drives together in a storage pool. Then you can use pool capacity to create storage spaces. All you need is one or more extra drives in addition to the drive on which Windows is installed. These drives can be internal or external
    hard drives, or solid state drives. You can use a variety of types of drives with Storage Spaces, including USB, SATA, and SAS drives.

To understand the issue better, I would need more information from your end.

• What happens when you try to access manage storage spaces?
    • Do you get any error messages? If yes, what is the complete error message?
    • Do you have extra drives in addition to the drive on which Windows is installed?
    Reply with required details which will help us to analyze and assist you in a better way.

Geethu B, May 15, 2018
  3. JGT
    jgt Win User
    Storages Spaces Configuration

I've found a ton of info for Windows Server and often encountered that it applies to Windows 10 as well but there are several differences and there is a lot of the technical stuff that I'm having a hard time understanding. I just found two similar articles
    that helped me:

I now have some success. I completed phase 1 of my drive testing and shut my system down. While it was down I removed the LSI card with the five drives and then booted my system. Now I can create a Storage Space on the three drives I freed up that are directly
    connected to my MB. At this time I don't know if the LSI card was the reason I could not previously create the storage space. However I think I'm on the way.

I was just watching a video about Storage Spaces and the speaker stated that if you have either software or hardware RAID on the PC then you will encounter issues with Storage Spaces. At this time I'm assuming that this is why I could not create the Storage
    Space with the LSI card installed. If I could get into the BIOS of the card (previous attempts failed and I need to contact LSI and see if they can help) and turn off the RAID function and hopefully use it just as a controller card WITHOUT the RAID then it
    should work.

I just encountered a failure. Following is my setup using three drives (1-3TB, 1-4TB, 1-6TB)

Conflicting information on my storage space [​IMG]

Following is my failure, in the above image I had clicked the "Create storage space" button, a window pops up "Creating storage space" and quickly changes to "Formatting Storage space" for about 10-20 seconds, then changes to "Deleting Storage space" and
    then to "Can't delete the storage space". I'm tired and I'm giving up for tonight.

Conflicting information on my storage space [​IMG]

Ops forgot to mention. I was able to create a mirror but not a three way mirror or not the Parity (this is what I want).

Thema:

Conflicting information on my storage space

1. Conflicting information on my storage space - Similar Threads - Conflicting information storage

2. Onedrive and Android Storage conflict

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Onedrive and Android Storage conflict: Hi Everyone, I am hoping you may be able to help.I have a Galaxy S22 Ultra, and I use ONEDRIVE as my online storage. I thought this meant that by using ONEDRIVE, I accessed my files online, however OneDrive is using 110GB of my phones storage.Is this normal? Am I doing...
  3. Onedrive and Android Storage conflict

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Onedrive and Android Storage conflict: Hi Everyone, I am hoping you may be able to help.I have a Galaxy S22 Ultra, and I use ONEDRIVE as my online storage. I thought this meant that by using ONEDRIVE, I accessed my files online, however OneDrive is using 110GB of my phones storage.Is this normal? Am I doing...
  4. Onedrive and Android Storage conflict

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Multiple Storage Spaces Conflict with Each Other After Storage Spaces Upgrade

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Multiple Storage Spaces Conflict with Each Other After Storage Spaces Upgrade: I recently upgraded to Windows 11 and was prompted to upgrade my Storage Spaces which I did a few weeks later. I am running four Storage Spaces which I've been doing for several years without issue. Each Storage Space is a pool of four hard drives contained in an external...
  6. Multiple Storage Spaces Conflict with Each Other After Storage Spaces Upgrade

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Multiple Storage Spaces Conflict with Each Other After Storage Spaces Upgrade: I recently upgraded to Windows 11 and was prompted to upgrade my Storage Spaces which I did a few weeks later. I am running four Storage Spaces which I've been doing for several years without issue. Each Storage Space is a pool of four hard drives contained in an external...
  7. Storage space

Storage space: I've been trying to install the newest update. However, it says I need more disk space. I've looked online and on the Microsoft website and deleted everything I can. There's nothing in downloads, temporary files, pictures, videos or anything that isn't needed for it to run...
  8. Storage Spaces

Storage Spaces: I have a 4-bay enclosure of 8TB drives (32TB total) set to parity using Storage spaces. I would suspect I would be able to get about 2/3 (66%) capacity or about 21TB after allowing for parity. However it's telling me that the total capacity is only 14TB. How does that make...
  9. Reserved Storage Information

in Windows 10 Customization
    Reserved Storage Information: I'm looking for information about the New feature of reserve storage and how can I disable it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/reserved-storage-information/62842160-3b62-4856-a59a-70dd0402cb3a
  10. Conflicting information on my Storage Space...

in Windows 10 Support
    Conflicting information on my Storage Space...: I posted over in drivers and hardware and getting no replies. Trying here... System Info: Windows 10 Pro 64 bit V 1703 Build 15063.674 When I look at the 'drive' from the explorer, it shows: Total Size: 4.99 TB Available space: 3.37TB. Now, when I look at the storage...