Windows 10: Conflicting System Restore Messages

Discus and support Conflicting System Restore Messages in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; I was forced to initiate a system restore through Windows Boot Manager on Windows 10 Pro, since I managed to make my primary boot device (Samsung 850... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by Gigantas, Nov 1, 2016.

1. Gigantas Win User

Conflicting System Restore Messages

I was forced to initiate a system restore through Windows Boot Manager on Windows 10 Pro, since I managed to make my primary boot device (Samsung 850 Evo) inaccessible by removing the current IRST AHCI driver (through device manager instead of through Programs and Features) in order to install a later version. The system restore completed with an error message (which I was unfortunately not able to capture), and then the computer rebooted. Following this, I was surprised to see that Windows booted just fine, and I was notified that the system restore had completed successfully.

Firstly, was system restore successful? And if this is the case, can anyone explain why I received an error message?

:)

Gigantas, Nov 1, 2016
  2. elmerjay Win User

Conflicting messages with Win 10 system image backup

Windows 10 has been successfully doing image backups to an external HD. Last few weeks, at end of backup, receive a message in a box at the top with a red border saying "Backup Unsuccessful". Yet, on same screen at bottom says "Backup successful, do you
    want to create a repair disk".

Don't know which message is correct or why I'm receiving conflicting end of process messages.

elmerjay, Nov 1, 2016
  3. Conflicting messages with Win 10 system image backup

Hi,

I realize that you are getting conflicting messages with Windows 10 system image backup. I will try to help you with this issue.

Please answer these questions to get more clarity on this issue:

• Did you make any changes to the PC prior to this issue?

• What is the free space available on the external HDD?

Unplug the external HDD, restart the computer and then plug in the external HDD to check if that helps with the system image backup.

You may temporarily disable the security software and check if this helps.

Disclaimer: If you have to temporarily disable the antivirus to install other software; you should enable the antivirus as soon as you're done. If you're connected to the Internet or a network while your antivirus software
    is disabled, your computer is vulnerable to virus attacks.

Suggest you to boot the PC in a clean boot state to check if that helps. A clean boot step will help us determine if any 3rd party service or application is causing this issue.

How to troubleshoot a problem by performing a clean boot in Windows:
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929135

Note: After you have finished troubleshooting, follow the steps under “How to reset the computer to start as usual after troubleshooting with clean boot” in the article to boot to normal startup.

Keep us informed to help you further.

Srimadhwa B, Nov 1, 2016
  4. dalchina New Member

Hi you might get some information from the event log.
    http://www.winhelponline.com/blog/cu...nt-log-viewer/

Experience indicates that System Restore - when it completes- usually has worked. However in general there are things that cause System Restore to fail, and such failure is indicated in the error message after you log in after the restore has been attempted. You are fortunate this seemed to have worked for you - System Restore fails for me with an error message about which I can find nothing helpful.

dalchina, Nov 2, 2016
Thema:

1. Conflicting System Restore Messages - Similar Threads - Conflicting System Restore

2. System image restore failed due to EFI-BIOS conflict

in Windows 10 Gaming
    System image restore failed due to EFI-BIOS conflict: Please help:I was using a 1T SATA HDD as the system disk on a computer that has a 1T SS HDD.I made an image disk and tried to restore it into the SS HDD to make it the system disk, but got the following error:"The system image restore failed.Windows cannot restore a system...
  3. System image restore failed due to EFI-BIOS conflict

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    System image restore failed due to EFI-BIOS conflict: Please help:I was using a 1T SATA HDD as the system disk on a computer that has a 1T SS HDD.I made an image disk and tried to restore it into the SS HDD to make it the system disk, but got the following error:"The system image restore failed.Windows cannot restore a system...
  4. System image restore failed due to EFI-BIOS conflict

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Windows Update conflicting messages

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows Update conflicting messages: I ran WU today to get MSO updates due to a new MSO install. I rebooted and ran WU again just to be sure. I was expecting to get H121, but no biggie if I don't get it yet. However, this makes no sense whatsoever: I ran Check for Updates and it didn't find any!!! I started to...
  6. IP address conflict message

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    IP address conflict message: Dear I always get message of IP address conflict , please resolve https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ip-address-conflict-message/8069423e-d5b8-46f4-aa08-af6029beffe1
  7. System image restore EFI & BIOS conflict

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    System image restore EFI & BIOS conflict: I created my system restore image on the computer I'm now using a Dell 1525. The original hard drive with this computer was 80 gig and I upgraded to a 180 gig. My BIOS recognized the 180 gig hard drive but Windows did not, therefore my computer was still slow I just...
  8. unable to do system restore. this messages appears Dx80070005

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    unable to do system restore. this messages appears Dx80070005: message appear dx80070005 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-performance/unable-to-do-system-restore-this-messages-appears/9efbeb5d-116d-4385-a602-ea06c3a75cf1
  9. System restore did not complete message (It actually did)

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    System restore did not complete message (It actually did): Hi all, I just did a system restore and once my PC rebooted I got the message that it hadn't completed successfully (Second image) I opened the system restore panel to check and see that it actually did complete (First image) So I'm not sure what to do now?...
  10. Conflicting Wi-Fi Messages

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Conflicting Wi-Fi Messages: Hi. I have this problem trying to access a ASUS Win 10 computer on a local network. I am getting these two messages: One or more network protocols are missing on this computer Windows Socket Registry Entries Required for Network Connectivity are Missing I am told that...