Windows 10: Conflicting Wi-Fi Messages

Discus and support Conflicting Wi-Fi Messages in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi. I have this problem trying to access a ASUS Win 10 computer on a local network. I am getting these two messages: One or more network protocols... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Frank C, Feb 6, 2016.

1. Frank C Win User

Conflicting Wi-Fi Messages

Hi.
    I have this problem trying to access a ASUS Win 10 computer on a local network.
    I am getting these two messages:
    One or more network protocols are missing on this computer
    Windows Socket Registry Entries Required for Network Connectivity are Missing

I am told that the Wi-Fi is not connected, but the device status says it is working properly

Conflicting Wi-Fi Messages [​IMG]

Suggestions please?

:)

Frank C, Feb 6, 2016

2. Wi-Fi problem. Conflict found: Wi-Fi Access Point, Wi-Fi Direct application and Wi-Fi Direct application are on different Wi-Fi channels. Performance might be degraded

Hello,

I have a Toshiba Satellite with Windows 10.

Whenever I try to connect to my Wi-Fi at home, I receive the following message "Conflict found: Wi-Fi Access Point, Wi-Fi Direct application and Wi-Fi Direct application are on different Wi-Fi channels. Performance might be degraded". The interenet becomes
    extremely slow, and I have issues visiting some websites. This problem started few days ago and I can't relate to any changes I have done on the laptop.

Please help

Thank you

NassemAlahmad, Feb 6, 2016
  3. Blutooth conflict with Wi-Fi

Hello

I have all updates. The computer in new with latest updates. I have done all what you suggest but it doesn't work.

In Barb Bowman they say some things I don't understand. Like : I've just confirmed that splitting the 2.4GHZ and 5GHZ Wi-Fi hotspot into different SSIDs and connecting to the 5GHZ SSID solved the interference issue Conflicting Wi-Fi Messages :) What does this mean?

Thank you

MaurySzwerdszarf, Feb 6, 2016
  4. Private Win User

Try to reset Windows Socket. Press Win+X > select Command Prompt (Admin), type in -> netsh Winsock reset <- hit Enter.

Private, Feb 6, 2016
  5. Frank C Win User
    Thanks Private,
    netsh Winsock reset
    did not fix it.

Frank C, Feb 6, 2016
  6. sml156 Win User
    Open up the properties again and see if you can roll back the driver, If that does not work or you cant do it try to download the drivers from your computer manufacturer

I think this might be the right one, You will have to check and make sure
    http://h20564.www2.hp.com/hpsc/swd/p...Id=ob_136550_1

sml156, Feb 7, 2016
  7. Frank C Win User
    hi all,
    SML156, I did download a new Broadcom 802.11driver 7.35.336 using the windows facility. It did not fix the problem.
    I get "Problem with wireless adapter or access point - Not Fixed."
    I don't have any problem accessing a DEll laptop running Vista on the same local network or accessing a External Drive WD My Book
    'Tis a puzzlement!

Frank C, Feb 8, 2016
  8. bro67 Win User

This issue popped up with the current roll up. I do believe that Brink placed a Tutorial on how to fix it in the tutorial section. I fixed mine by removing the driver and device, then rebooted and let Windows 10 reinstall the device and everything went back to normal.

This issue is another one of Microsoft's not so well thought out Dilbert Cartoon comics. The software engineers must have been out drinking at lunch one day and went "Hey, lets mess with the customer base, by not telling them that we are going to cause their network cards to make them believe that something is wrong, when there is nothing wrong at all."

The official statement that they put out, was that it was for "Security" of the OS.

bro67, Feb 8, 2016
  9. Frank C Win User
    bro67 ,
    Can you point me to Brink's tutorial?
    Also, I came across this by Strid3r_2442:

[Solved] - windows 10 - Windows 10
    January 23, 2016 6:25:48 AM

Does it look like a viable fix? I don't want to make things worse
    Thanks

Frank C, Feb 13, 2016
  10. Frank C Win User
    I was hoping that the the windows 10 version 1511 update of 1 march, 2016 would fix this connectivity problem it did not.
    I am still getting "One or more network protocols are missing from this computer"
    and
    "Windows sub-net registry entries required for network connectivity are missing"
    I did fix the Wi-fi not connected problem mentioned above. That had no effect on the main problem.

Frank C, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Conflicting Wi-Fi Messages - Similar Threads - Conflicting Messages

2. windows 11 upgrade from 10 conflicting compatability messages

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows 11 upgrade from 10 conflicting compatability messages: when i check windows update in my system settings i get a messsage saying "This PC dosnt currently meet the system requirements to run windows 11Get the details and see if there are things you can do in the PC Health Check app.Get PC Health Check"So i installed PC health...
  3. windows 11 upgrade from 10 conflicting compatability messages

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    windows 11 upgrade from 10 conflicting compatability messages: when i check windows update in my system settings i get a messsage saying "This PC dosnt currently meet the system requirements to run windows 11Get the details and see if there are things you can do in the PC Health Check app.Get PC Health Check"So i installed PC health...
  4. windows 11 upgrade from 10 conflicting compatability messages

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. windows 11 not available to install, and PC has conflicting messages about my pc meeting...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows 11 not available to install, and PC has conflicting messages about my pc meeting...: Hi there,I have currently enabled TPM 2.0 to be able to meet the requirements for Windows 11, and every time i do the PC health check now it says i meet the requirements for windows. But my security setting says i dont and leaves me in an endless loophole going back to the PC...
  6. windows 11 not available to install, and PC has conflicting messages about my pc meeting...

windows 11 not available to install, and PC has conflicting messages about my pc meeting...: Hi there,I have currently enabled TPM 2.0 to be able to meet the requirements for Windows 11, and every time i do the PC health check now it says i meet the requirements for windows. But my security setting says i dont and leaves me in an endless loophole going back to the PC...
  7. Windows has detected an IP address conflict message wasn't showing in windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows has detected an IP address conflict message wasn't showing in windows 10: Hi Team, In windows 7 we are getting a error message for IP address conflict. In windows 10 this network error message wasn't showing how to enable this. please guide me. regards,Sharan Kumar...
  8. Windows has detected an IP address conflict message wasn't showing in windows 10

Windows has detected an IP address conflict message wasn't showing in windows 10: Hi Team, In windows 7 we are getting a error message for IP address conflict. In windows 10 this network error message wasn't showing how to enable this. please guide me. regards,Sharan Kumar...
  9. Windows has detected an IP address conflict message wasn't showing in windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  10. Windows Update conflicting messages

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows Update conflicting messages: I ran WU today to get MSO updates due to a new MSO install. I rebooted and ran WU again just to be sure. I was expecting to get H121, but no biggie if I don't get it yet. However, this makes no sense whatsoever: I ran Check for Updates and it didn't find any!!! I started to...