Windows 10: Confused about License requirement for clean install...

Discus and support Confused about License requirement for clean install... in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have a PC I want to install Windows 10 on, clean. I have a Win 7 Pro license key. In instructions I read about installs it says to use a Windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by 56Kruiser, Jan 12, 2016.

1. 56Kruiser Win User

Confused about License requirement for clean install...

I have a PC I want to install Windows 10 on, clean. I have a Win 7 Pro license key.

In instructions I read about installs it says to use a Windows 10 license key.

As you probably guess, can I install Windows 10 from a USB drive and use a Windows 7 Pro license key?

:)

56Kruiser, Jan 12, 2016
  2. DON_804 Win User

Windows 10 display problems

I am still confused about doing a "clean install" on windows 10. I am running windows 10 32 bit.

Everyone says change to windows 10 64 bit. It shows my product id : ***Personal information removed for security purposes.***.

Someone says that license will not work with a clean install because I will be booting up and installing

from my current system which is a 32 bit?? CONFUSED..

Would the following work?

Create a 64 bit download on usb for another system.

boot it up and install

use my product id as my license

????

DON_804, Jan 12, 2016
  3. Clean Install Confusion

Hi Bron,

Please answer the below questions to assist you better.

1. Do you want to perform a clean installation of the Windows 10?

2. In which drive have you taken the backup please specify exactly?

It is never safe to delete any system files or setup files of the system without taking backup of those files.

Reply us with the above information to assist you better.

Anup Karkal, Jan 12, 2016
  4. OldMike65 Win User

Yes as long as your Windows 7 Pro license is being used on ONE pc only. Can not use that license for more than one computer.

OldMike65, Jan 12, 2016
  5. 56Kruiser Win User
    Thanks.

56Kruiser, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Confused about License requirement for clean install... - Similar Threads - Confused License requirement

2. Windows 11 clean install overall confusion

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 clean install overall confusion: New Dell inspiron 16 5260, 16gb ram, 1TB ssd- attempting a clean install from usb drive. New to the procedure, so learning/struggling as I go. 'Was unable to detect drives once I finally getting to "custom install" screen also a learning process- initially did f2 and set bios...
  3. Confused about licenses and transferring my install

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Confused about licenses and transferring my install: I have a bit of a mess I am trying to sort through, and most of the guides I am Googling are assuming you want to trash/wipe your current Windows install and/or install new, couldn't find information about what I am trying to do. Ok, so I have three systems, all of which run...
  4. I'm confused about windows license here

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    I'm confused about windows license here: I have a question, is it legal to use non-activated windows? because I found different answers about this in a Microsoft thread like this I'm sorry if my English is bad, coz I'm not English...
  5. Windows clean installation confusion

Windows clean installation confusion: I am trying to do a fresh clean install of windows 10 by "Just delete my files" option because windows is not working properly as it should due to many bugs and corrupt or missing system files or services. I have a few doubts regarding this and I need help for that. 1. Will...
  6. clean windows instalation required

clean windows instalation required: hello -- i have just wiped all my data using "clean" command as an administrator. i created a boot media on a usb before doing so. when i boot to start the new install i am advised that the disk still has an MBR partition. Please can you advise how i should proceed to...
  7. Confused about Secure Boot being Enabled before Win10 clean installs

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Confused about Secure Boot being Enabled before Win10 clean installs: I am kind of mixed up and confused and have been given mixed answers on my question here (on different forums). I have created a Win10 bootable USB recently with the Media Creation Tool and in the UEFI settings, I enabled Secure Boot. Of course, with Secure Boot being...
  8. Clean installs and licensing

Clean installs and licensing: Im about to do a clean install of windows 10 as a last resort to possible clear up some issues i have been having are there any percautions i need to take? ill be using a product key from windows 7 pro 36226
  9. About "clean install"

About "clean install": Windows 10 has a recovery option, comprising of two choices. I know the differences among them, so, yeah. My question is: what's the difference(s) between a bootable disc and recovery? 37283
  10. Confused about clean install partitions

Confused about clean install partitions: Hi all, The Clean install tutorial for USB UEFI booting mentions that 4 partitions are installed. Quoted below: The 4 partitions are these below. It is critical that these 4 partitions remain in the exact order as they are •Paritition 1 - Recovery •Partition 2 -...