Windows 10: Confused about User Accounts - Weird ones - Help

Discus and support Confused about User Accounts - Weird ones - Help in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; I have logged in with my microsoft email address and phone number. I have used passwords and now a pin. I am really confused (see image)... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by Leechap, Aug 26, 2015.

1. Leechap Win User

Confused about User Accounts - Weird ones - Help

I have logged in with my microsoft email address and phone number.

I have used passwords and now a pin.

I am really confused (see image)

Confused about User Accounts - Weird ones - Help [​IMG]

I am not sure what those other 2 user profiles are...why they are there...or even if they are supposed to be there.

Can someone please explain this in a nut shell if you could.

Thank you very much!

:)

Leechap, Aug 26, 2015
  2. SteveSale Win User

Confused about user accounts

I recently purchased a laptop for my son, and upgraded to Windows 10. I then wanted to add myself as a user to access things I can't with my Mac, eg Visual Studio. I used the Accounts section in Settings, and set up and registered with Microsoft. So far
    so good.

On the start up screen, both accounts are visible, and can be signed into.

However

When I create a document, it saves with the file path C:/Users/'MySonsName', rather than mine.

Opening up the users folder shows the usual windows folders, a folder called matts which was the name he gave to the computer when he first turned it on, and the folder 'MySonsName'. There is no user folder for my work. If I open 'MySonsName' folder, I can
    the shortcuts to pictures, videos etc, as well as my dropbox account.

Is it not possible to have two separate independent account in Windows 10 like previous versions of Windows?

SteveSale, Aug 26, 2015
  3. Confused about user accounts

Hi Steve,

Thank you for posting your queries in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issues.

Please verify in which user account you have logged when you are saving the files?

If you logged in to his user account and still files are saved under your son's user account then either the account he has created for himself is a temporary profile or the User are corrupted for that account.

To confirm the same ask to create a new user account and check.

Refer the following link for help create a new account and login.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-in/windows-10/create-a-local-user-account-in-windows-10

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help

Sudharshan M K, Aug 26, 2015
  4. Elbern Win User

Hello,

You have a user account (your current user) that is 349 GB of size.
    I can be wrong, and i'm not good with windows either, but Default Profile could be the one used to create a new user with default settings.

Before reinstalling windows 10 completely, I one day tryed to delete the DefaultProfile, even a repair in place with win10 dvd, a
    dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth and sfc /scannow couldnt add this profile.

I don't remember well, but it's possible by deleting it, it's what destroyed the desktop on hidden Administrator account.
    I tryed to use it to debug my main acccount i set as Local instead of Administrator with a net command.

The hidden Afministrator account had a Desktop completely black, with no way to launch programs, and it was saying, something about desktop in a appdata folder in windows/System32 containing Desktop was missing or something.

It was possible to launch CMD prompt with help of ctrl alt sup then launbch app. and use the command line to add my local account to administrator.

Long message lol

About IIS, i dunno, i don't have IIS installed on a default install of win 10 x64 family.

I had it installed on win 7 family premium x64 box migrated to 10 family.
    But i don't remember having IIS APPPOOL.
    Just wait domeone who know about IIS can answerr about what does this Profile *Smile

Have a good day.

Elbern, Aug 26, 2015
  5. Leechap Win User
    OK, so if I am the ONLY one using my computer should I not have the ONLY account?

Can the others be deleted with no problems?

Thanks

Leechap, Aug 26, 2015
  6. Leechap Win User
    Can't someone just take the time out your busy day to post what your login looks like and help me out with the question.

I would appreciate it quite a bit.

Leechap, Aug 27, 2015
  7. Mystere Win User
    Default Profile is a "template" profile, used to copy all the basic files into a new account. It's not an account you use, and you don't want to delete it because you never know if you might have to create a new profile someday (for instance, sometimes a profile can get corrupted, and creating a new one is the only way to fix it).

The other profile is not a "real" one, it's an IIS AppPool account, which is used by the Internet Information Services web server. Obviously you have installed this component at some time in the past, and when you do it creates these "virtual accounts".

Mystere, Aug 27, 2015
  8. Leechap Win User

Thank you very much for that explanation! In fact now I think I might know why I have never seen it before.

A couple of days ago I called microsoft and they took remote control of my computer...worked on it...rebooted a few times.

Could that be when that account was created? If so then can I remove it? Should I remove it for security reasons if nothing else?

Thanks again!

Leechap, Aug 27, 2015
  9. Elbern Win User
    Hello,

I'm not good at saying how to access things but you can remove:
    "Internet Informations Services"

And enable it again later if an app you use require it.

And watching blogs and websites, i saw people having Internet Information Services complaining if Default Apppool was removed from user account.

So maybe not a good idea to remove it, it can be left alone anyway.

Forum guide on how to do this:

https://www.windowsphoneinfo.com/threads/turn-windows-features-on-or-off-in-windows-10.9063/

I'm not sure it if it will remove the IIS account.
    Only time i uninstalled iis was on my previous win 10 upgrade from 7 family premium.
    I forgot if there was an IIS acount or nop.
    And win 10 home will never install this on a fresh install.

Maybe a program needed thisfeature, i can't tell.

Ps :
    And about problems, but it's only for my computer, i talked about removing Default User, breaked some settings needed to configure the Hidden Administrator account, i enabled with command line.

Good continuation *Smile

Elbern, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Confused about User Accounts - Weird ones - Help - Similar Threads - Confused User Accounts

2. Totally confused about user accounts/can't delete user account.

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Totally confused about user accounts/can't delete user account.: My Dad gifted me a laptop he is no longer using. He has all his files and said I can delete all of his content off the computer. I'd like to basically start it from scratch. Using his credentials, I set up a new user account for myself and made myself an administrator. I...
  3. Totally confused about user accounts/can't delete user account.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Totally confused about user accounts/can't delete user account.: My Dad gifted me a laptop he is no longer using. He has all his files and said I can delete all of his content off the computer. I'd like to basically start it from scratch. Using his credentials, I set up a new user account for myself and made myself an administrator. I...
  4. Totally confused about user accounts/can't delete user account.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. confused about account types

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    confused about account types: I have a different name and password for each device that is associated with some type of account. I don't have to sign in to my Microsoft until I have to access the store or other random times. I am denied access to some OF MY OWN files on my main computer and have trouble...
  6. User Account Confusion

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    User Account Confusion: After I tried to create a new Local User Account, Windows 10 or Microsoft used it to replace my Microsoft Account. On Windows 10 Control Panel it appears as a Local Account. On Windows 10 Settings/Accounts/Your Info it appears as a Microsoft Account. I have changed its new...
  7. User Account confusions

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    User Account confusions: Device nameHPLAPTOPProcessorIntel(R) Core(TM) i7-7500U CPU @ 2.70GHz 2.90 GHzInstalled RAM8.00 GBDevice ID01C2869A-EACD-48CF-ACA6-4CFED37BDFF3Product ID00325-96176-65479-AAOEMSystem type64-bit operating system, x64-based processorPen and touchTouch support with 2 touch points...
  8. User accounts confusion

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    User accounts confusion: No idea where else to post this... Several years ago I bought my current system from eBay, and it arrived with a user account set up call it "BLUE1" that I was unaware of, as I went through my own personalization, creating a user account, etc. Soon I realized there were...
  9. Confused about One Drive

in Windows 10 Customization
    Confused about One Drive: I find in my Start / Programs list [the dates are from the respective Properties displays]: Microsoft One Drive (4/6/2016) Microsoft One Drive (1) (9/20/2015) Further down I see One Drive (11/14/2018), which apparently I have just installed by clicking on Microsoft One...
  10. Confused by user accounts

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Confused by user accounts: I am having trouble with user accounts in Windows 10. I have three different logins, “dan”, “william” and “william lockie”. They come up randomly when I start or restart the computer. The PW for all of them is ********, the same. There are two users folders: 1. C:\users\...