Windows 10: Confusing multiple google files

Discus and support Confusing multiple google files in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Opening 'startup', I see Google Chrome is active, but looks like this: Google Chrome(4) Google Chrome Google Chrome Google Chrome Google Chrome So,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by bbudesa, Jun 20, 2018.

1. bbudesa Win User

Confusing multiple google files

Opening 'startup', I see Google Chrome is active, but looks like this:

Google Chrome(4)
    Google Chrome
    Google Chrome
    Google Chrome
    Google Chrome

So, when I open the file location, it only shows 1 google file. It seems, based on my limited knowledge, that there are 5 Google files running, 4 of which are unnecessary. Is that correct? But, if only one Google file is showing in Program Files (x86)/Google/Chrome/Applications, how do I get rid of the other four? It seems like it would be...

bbudesa, Jun 20, 2018
  2. axe0 Win User

Multiple BSODS

For the dump files, you should be able to access them via your microsoft account, share them and put the link here.

For now it is better to not do everything immediately, but work through it step by step.
    This because there are only 2 dump files in the zip and you have mentioned to have more crashes.
    Suggestions below are for the 2 dump files present in the zip file you provided.

Please remove Google Chrome as a test, it lately causes crashes for some people.

Because you have upgraded from windows 7 it is important to check the system files for corruption, missing files or other problems.
    Please do the following:

• Open an admin command prompt
    • Copy/paste "sfc/scannow" (without quotes) and press enter
    • When it finished reboot your system
    • Open again an admin command prompt
    • Enter sfc/scannow again
    If sfc/scannow does NOT say "Windows Resource Protection did not find any integrity violation", please upload the cbs.log file located at {windows partition}\Windows\Logs\CBS\, if the file is too large try a 3rd party uploader like dropbox, onedrive, google drive, mediafire etc.
    System File Check(SFC a.k.a. Windows Resource Protection) needs to have your system rebooted in order for sfc to try to fix the problems that it finds.

3. Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

• Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    • Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    • Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

• Go to Settings.
    • Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    • Select add someone else on this PC.
    • Enter a user name and hit next.
    • Click on Finish.
    • Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Jun 20, 2018
  4. Confusing multiple google files

Jack Cook - aka Help_Line, Jun 20, 2018
Thema:

1. Confusing multiple google files - Similar Threads - Confusing multiple google

2. confused about onedrive files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    confused about onedrive files: Hello,I am just confused about OneDrive files. I don't understand if they are also on my pc or not. I am including the storage screen shot and see if anyone can figure it out. To me it looks like they are taking space on the pc. Am I wrong? and if that is so what could I...
  3. confused about onedrive files

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    confused about onedrive files: Hello,I am just confused about OneDrive files. I don't understand if they are also on my pc or not. I am including the storage screen shot and see if anyone can figure it out. To me it looks like they are taking space on the pc. Am I wrong? and if that is so what could I...
  4. OneDrive file structure confusion

in Windows 10 Gaming
    OneDrive file structure confusion: Hello,I reset my computer and I deleted all the files from OneDrive folder and uninstalled oneDrive from Control Panel. Now the problem is I do not have Desktop and other folders. So from my understanding, My PC was using OneDrive's 'Desktop' folder. But I do not want to use...
  5. OneDrive file structure confusion

in Windows 10 Customization
    OneDrive file structure confusion: Hello,I reset my computer and I deleted all the files from OneDrive folder and uninstalled oneDrive from Control Panel. Now the problem is I do not have Desktop and other folders. So from my understanding, My PC was using OneDrive's 'Desktop' folder. But I do not want to use...
  6. Confusion Over Multiple Sound and Bluetooth Drivers

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Confusion Over Multiple Sound and Bluetooth Drivers: My reasonably new Intel NUC seems to offer a choice of key system drivers. It lists "AMD high definition audio device" and "Realtek High Definition Audio". I thought Bluetooth was handled in my Archer A7 router, but I also see "Intel Bluetooth Wireless" listed on my NUC...
  7. Windows files extreme confusion

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows files extreme confusion: like macOS make it not that confusing to find files such as Microsoft store apps, App original location, System file original location, etc. macOS definetely is outstanding except for popularity. Additional question: Why does windows 10 have a lot of bloatware? dont mind...
  8. Computer Confused over multiple backgrounds

Computer Confused over multiple backgrounds: I have a PC with 2 monitors, and I am using a different picture for each display. Every so often the background from my secondary display also gets applied to my main display been having this issue for years with little change. Is there a fix for this?...
  9. File tree confusion

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File tree confusion: I'm using Windows 10. Trying to understand OneDrive and how to find documents in various locations. There's "OneDrive - Personal" where some files get stored, apparently, but that doesn't show up when I click on File Explorer on my desktop computer. Instead I see three major...
  10. File Explorer is confusing

File Explorer is confusing: Somewhat new to Windows, after having used a Mac for several years. I find the layout in the File Explorer very confusing. It shows Quick Access, I see two separate Desktop listings (contents not the same), OneDrive, This PC, Libraries, My User Name. Why are there two...