Windows 10: Confusion between Licensed and Remaining Grace (too short) Office 365

Discus and support Confusion between Licensed and Remaining Grace (too short) Office 365 in Microsoft Office and 365 to solve the problem; I am the second user on our Office 365 Home - 64-bit install on Win 7 Pro 64-bit. cscript ospp.vbs /dstatus shows "LICENSE STATUS: ---LICENSED---"... Discussion in 'Microsoft Office and 365' started by glnz, Aug 12, 2016.

1. glnz Win User

Confusion between Licensed and Remaining Grace (too short) Office 365

I am the second user on our Office 365 Home - 64-bit install on Win 7 Pro 64-bit.

cscript ospp.vbs /dstatus shows
    "LICENSE STATUS: ---LICENSED---"
    but also "REMAINING GRACE: 58 days",
    but I SHOULD have at least 9½ months left in our first year.

Is this normal?

The full results are:

PRODUCT ID: 00201-[rest deleted]
    SKU ID: [deleted]
    LICENSE NAME: Office 16, Office16O365HomePremR_Subscription4 edition
    LICENSE DESCRIPTION: Office 16, TIMEBASED_SUB channel
    LICENSE STATUS: ---LICENSED---
    ERROR CODE: 0x4004FC04 (for information purposes only as the status is licensed)

ERROR DESCRIPTION: The Software Licensing Service reported that the application
    is running within the timebased validity period.
    REMAINING GRACE: 58 days (84565 minute(s) before expiring)
    Last 5 characters of installed product key: [deleted]

So why REMAINING GRACE: 58 days when it should be about 9½ months??

Thanks.

:)

2. SijaSony Win User

Unable to set up Office365 on my Windows phone

Got the answer.

Short and simple....

The Office 365 link at the bottom does not apply to Office 365 subscribers who have paid for the Office 365 version on desktop.

So NO NEED TO CLICK IT .... it will say something is wrong.

You can get to use Office 365 with only Word, Excel and Powerpoint as others for free on windows phone.

You paid for it BUT IT IS FREE FOR EVERYONE USING A WINDOWS PHONE. ha ha ....

Your ONEDRIVE can be assessed with the 1 TB SPACE available...

Thanks Dereksmith.

Microsoft had made things so confusing..... The error should be amended to say the above in short and not to confuse the Office 365 subscribers.

Good work.

Office 365 on my Nokia Lumia 635 error message is not acceptable Microsoft, GET A GRIP!!!

SijaSony, Aug 12, 2016
  3. garym123 Win User
    Unable to set up Office365 on my Windows phone

garym123, Aug 12, 2016
  4. Confusion between Licensed and Remaining Grace (too short) Office 365

MoxieMomma, Aug 12, 2016
Thema:

Confusion between Licensed and Remaining Grace (too short) Office 365

1. Confusion between Licensed and Remaining Grace (too short) Office 365 - Similar Threads - Confusion between Licensed

2. Windows OS and office 365 licensing.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows OS and office 365 licensing.: I want to buy licenses for Windows 10 OS and office 365 for one of my clients which is spread accross US and Asia region. If i buy this licenses in bulk from US and use this licenses in Asia pacific region , is it allowed ?...
  3. Windows OS and office 365 licensing.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows OS and office 365 licensing.: I want to buy licenses for Windows 10 OS and office 365 for one of my clients which is spread accross US and Asia region. If i buy this licenses in bulk from US and use this licenses in Asia pacific region , is it allowed ?...
  4. Windows OS and office 365 licensing.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. windows/office completely confused between different users

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    windows/office completely confused between different users: Hi I have a PC, I do a bit of work for other folk and sign into their adobe accounts to complete. Consequently I have three accounts set up on my PC. Three users. 2 are microsoft accounts, 1 is a local account. My main account is for work, that has onedrive signed into my...
  6. Transfer Windows License between my Hotmail account to Office/Microsoft 365 account?

Transfer Windows License between my Hotmail account to Office/Microsoft 365 account?: I have 3-4 Windows license attach to my Hotmail account that I had for 20 yrs, I have 2-3 computer at office and home using those license. But recently I realise that while my kids less than 10yrs of age use my home computer they change display settings, and it sync to my...
  7. Licensing Confusion between work and personal accounts

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Licensing Confusion between work and personal accounts: I'm using Microsoft Office products on my personal laptop. I'm signed in to this laptop using my personal email address. The only places on this device where I sign in via my work credentials are Microsoft Teams (I unchecked the option to allow my organization to manage this...
  8. Choice between Business and personal 365 Office

in Windows 10 Customization
    Choice between Business and personal 365 Office: I have a question. Do I need to update to Office 365 Business if I have a computer that I use for my small business that I do from home and no one else use it? I am on the trial of Business 365 but as I see it is more expensive so I would prefer to stay on Office 365...
  9. Office 365 Home and Personal Licensing and Activation Improvements

in Windows 10 News
    Office 365 Home and Personal Licensing and Activation Improvements: Since launching Office 365 to consumers, we have heard feedback from customers about the challenges in installing and using their office subscription across multiple devices. The first step in addressing this issue happened in October 2018, increasing a single user’s device...
  10. Windows 10 and Office 365 Licensing

Windows 10 and Office 365 Licensing: I volunteered (got roped into) restoring old computers that are being distributed to non-profit, charitable organizations in particular "mission churches" in the U.S. These are churches that serve impoverished communities. The computers are donated. I have installation...