Windows 10: connect after wake upwireless adapter does not

Discus and support connect after wake upwireless adapter does not in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Have to manually connect to wireless adapter after update and wake up 43355 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by fdimino, Mar 7, 2016.

1. fdimino Win User

connect after wake upwireless adapter does not

Have to manually connect to wireless adapter after update and wake up

:)

fdimino, Mar 7, 2016

2. Whenever I put my laptop to sleep or hibernate and open it back on, the wireless network adapater needs to be reset in order for it to recieve Wi-Fi again

Is not turned off. Whenever the device wakes up from sleep, it can detect networks. When I try to connec to a network, it will state 'Connecting' after awhile, it will state 'Can't connect to this network'. In order for me to have the a bility to connect,
    I need to go and reset the wireless network adapter.

Summary:

The wireless network adapter is not set to turn off after sleep. It is turned on but cannot connect to a network after wake.

OrdinaryGentleman, Mar 7, 2016
  3. helpbuio Win User
    No Wi-Fi after sleep, Windows 10 Pro boot camp driver install, Macbook Pro retina late 2013

Hi Punith,

thank you for your help, i read the guides you linked and tried some solutions.

After the sleep this happens:

i resume from sleep

in my device manager the network adapter is called network adapter #2

try to connect normally to the network, but this Wi-Fi 2 don't remember my credentials

i re-type them

it does not connect without any error message

i persevere in the same exact manner

re-type credentials

it connects! putting in sleep and waking up causes no problem now.

But if i reboot, the network adapter has no number in the device manager

i put to sleep and re-woke up

Wi-Fi 2 does not connect automatically, bu if i connect manually it remembers the credentials.

so the problem now is only that after the first sleep after boot it does not connect automatically, and Wi-Fi network adapter acquires this odd #2

I see this is not a major problem but what can i do to make it wake-after-sleep not assigning this #2 network?

Thank you for your time,

buio

helpbuio, Mar 7, 2016
Thema:

connect after wake upwireless adapter does not

1. connect after wake upwireless adapter does not - Similar Threads - connect wake upwireless

2. Wireless Display Adapter won't connect after the first connection

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Wireless Display Adapter won't connect after the first connection: I have a Microsoft Wireless Display Adapter connected to a TV and attempting to connect to it from a Windows 10 PC. I can connect to it once successfully and once I disconnect from it, I can't reconnect to it without messing around with the adapter, like resetting it and...
  3. Wireless Display Adapter won't connect after the first connection

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wireless Display Adapter won't connect after the first connection: I have a Microsoft Wireless Display Adapter connected to a TV and attempting to connect to it from a Windows 10 PC. I can connect to it once successfully and once I disconnect from it, I can't reconnect to it without messing around with the adapter, like resetting it and...
  4. Wireless Display Adapter won't connect after the first connection

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. WiFi adapter is connected, but looses internet connection after a few minutes

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    WiFi adapter is connected, but looses internet connection after a few minutes: When I start my PC the WiFi Adapter connects to my wifi and has internet access, I start a ping to 8.8.8.8 and it looses internet connection after about 2 minutes. The adapter is still connected to my wifi, but simply has no internet access. So my solution now is, to...
  6. Wake-On-Lan does not work

Wake-On-Lan does not work: Hi there I'm having trouble getting the Wake-On-Lan to work. Here is what I did so far: - I activated Wake-On-Lan in UEFI (there is only one option for this in my UEFI) - On my network adapter (Device Manager/Network adapters/Realtek PCIe GbE Family Controller/Properties)...
  7. WiFi Adapter disappears after waking up from Sleep

WiFi Adapter disappears after waking up from Sleep: Hello, I know this issue has been raised a couple of times and I have read most of the troubleshooting provided on other forums but to no avail. I would like to raise this issue again with hopes of finding solutions. Issue: When waking up from sleep, Wifi is disconnected....
  8. Dual Monitor Does Not Wake Up After Sleep

Dual Monitor Does Not Wake Up After Sleep: You have closed the thread without providing the solution to this problem. I have a HP laptop with Radeon up-to-date graphic card and AOC monitor with up-to-date driver. They are connected over HDMI. Problem occurs sometimes usually after several sleep-wakeup actions and if I...
  9. My network adapter won't wake up after sleep.

My network adapter won't wake up after sleep.: I have Windows 10 and since the latest update, something weird is happening with my network adapter. Every time I put my computer to sleep when I wake it up the network adapter keep sleeping and I can't connect to the internet....
  10. Windows 10 does not wake up after sleep

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 does not wake up after sleep: Hello, i have a problem with my Win10 system 1607 Ver When the system goes sleep, my keyboard and mouse got disabled but the power lights still works, so i need to push the restart or shutdown button to restart the system to make the wake up. How can i make that the...