Windows 10: Connect and Disconnect internet

Discus and support Connect and Disconnect internet in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi I had been using Windows 8 till last week. It was very easy to connect or disconnect the internet in that OS. I simply clicked on the network... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by jhsurti, May 10, 2016.

1. jhsurti Win User

Connect and Disconnect internet

Hi

I had been using Windows 8 till last week. It was very easy to connect or disconnect the internet in that OS. I simply clicked on the network icon in the system tray and the clicked on connect or disconnect and done. My username and password were stored so I didn't have to retype each time.

Now in Windows 10, when I click on this system tray icon, I get the option of my ISP and when I click on that, it takes me to settings, network sharing etc and there I must again click on my ISP link which then prompts me for my username and password. It's very very cumbersome to do this again and again(I don't keep my connection on all the time). Windows 10 has my username and password stored which I can see but it still prompts me every time. And for disconnecting too it take me to settings etc .

Can it not be made simple and easy like it was in Win7 or 8?

Thanks.

:)

jhsurti, May 10, 2016
  2. ratkat Win User

E75: SIP & USB mode

Sergio

The easyway to connect/disconnect from your Internet Tel provider is to enable the WLAN Scanning on the active standby home screen

Then click on it to connect to internet tel or disconnect from internet tel

ratkat, May 10, 2016
  3. gukangyi Win User
    can not access internet

Hi, the problem is persist when I disconnect the wifi and connect agtain.

I must power off the router, unplug the internet cable, power on the router back until phone connect the wifi, last connect the internet cable to router again. I can not disconnect the wifi and connect back, it's will don't access internet again.

gukangyi, May 10, 2016
  4. bro67 Win User

It is still easy like the previous editions.

When you say your ISP, are you stating that you are using some form of Cellular data connection or DSL?

Wifi is always going to connect to the Hot Spot that you set it for.

When upgrading from 7 or 8, you need to uninstall the device and the driver, then go into System in Control Panel and disable Windows 10 from updating Device drivers.

Then reboot and install a downloaded copy of the driver from the Motherboard or OEM website.

bro67, May 10, 2016
  5. jhsurti Win User
    No it's not cellular. I have an internet service provider and I have a modem and a wifi router installed. In Windows 8 there was no issue as I described. In Windows 10 it's not that simple to connect or disconnect to my broadband. There are NO ISSUES connecting or disconnecting, I can do that but the steps involved are too many compared to the simplistic 2 clicks affair in windows 8.

jhsurti, May 10, 2016
  6. bro67 Win User
    If you have a Gateway with wifi and it is asking you to connect to the A/P when booting up or before you log in. That is because there is a delay for when the adapter actually gets the IRQ to wake up and search for the gateway.

It could stem from the adapter telling the Gateway that it is awake and ready to communicate. It could be the Gateway thinking that the lease timed out for who knows what reason.

If you can tie the MAC to the IP on your gateway, give that a try. The other alternative is to do as I stated and put in the OEM driver or try a different adapter.

bro67, May 11, 2016
  7. Kari Win User
    I just need to click the network icon in notification area, select my WiFi network and click Connect / Disconnect:

Connect and Disconnect internet [​IMG]

Selecting Connect automatically I don't have to enter the network security key manually:

Connect and Disconnect internet [​IMG]

8. jhsurti Win User

I removed the connection and set it up again. Now it remembers the username and password so when I click connect from the network icon in the notification area, it connects without me having to input username or password. BUT it opens the settings panel to the connection, I have to select the connection "YOU Broadband" and then click on the option Connect. to do it. Same steps if I want to disconnect. So one of my original questions still remains, why can't it be done directly from the notification icon of networking? Like it was in Windows 8? Does anyone know how to set that up by someway tinkering with some settings or add-ons?

jhsurti, May 11, 2016
  9. jhsurti Win User
    @Kari, I don't get the "Connect" icon like you show in your picture. I mean the word Connect appears but only as a word not as a button like in yours.

jhsurti, May 11, 2016
  10. TairikuOkami, May 11, 2016
  11. jhsurti Win User
    jhsurti, May 11, 2016
  12. bro67 Win User
    Did you completely remove the device and all drivers or just the driver.

You may have to do some deeper troubleshooting at this point, by looking for any programs that may be wanting the adapter before it is awake and connected.

Try this. http://www.thewindowsclub.com/netada...network-issues The Windows Club has the best resources for tools. Farbar's tools are good also.

You are not per chance running any thirdparty Internet Security software or P2P?

bro67, May 11, 2016
  13. jhsurti Win User

As I said before I don't have any connectivity problems at all! It is simply that I don't have the "connect" button on clicking the network icon is system tray. When I click on this icon, I get my service provider's name "YOU Broadband". No "connect" button. In Windows 8 there used to be a "connect" button with it and clicking it would connect immediately. In Windows 10, I have to click on the "YOU Broadband" option and it opens the Dial-up tab/PPPoE in Control panel and I find YOU Broadband listed there and then find the Connect button there and I have to click on that and connection is immediately made. No issue. So I don't think there is any adapter issue. To disconnect, I have to go through all these steps again!*Mad. It is frustrating. Why did Windows 10 have to make this complicated instead of simplifying it?

Or can someone suggest if I can make a shortcut with connect button which doesn't make me go through so many clicks?

jhsurti, May 12, 2016
  14. derekimo Win User
    derekimo, May 12, 2016
  15. jhsurti Win User
    i went through the links. But sorry to say it doesn't answer my question. I am using a desktop PC and I don't have any WiFi device in the vicinity. So the WiFi thing doesn't show up on PC in settings too. Hence can't use what you suggested.

Where IS the 'connect ' button? I will seriously have to think going back to Windows 8 if I don't find it eventually! (This last sentence is not directed at anyone in particular but only expresses my frustration *Sad )

jhsurti, May 12, 2016
Thema:

1. Connect and Disconnect internet - Similar Threads - Connect Disconnect internet

2. Network keeps connecting and disconnecting from internet.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Network keeps connecting and disconnecting from internet.: Hi.I have recently got this problem where my computer keeps connecting and disconnecting from my network. I have tryed the basic like restarting the computer and the router but nothing works. What els can I do, anyone that can help?...
  3. Network keeps connecting and disconnecting from internet.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Network keeps connecting and disconnecting from internet.: Hi.I have recently got this problem where my computer keeps connecting and disconnecting from my network. I have tryed the basic like restarting the computer and the router but nothing works. What els can I do, anyone that can help?...
  4. Connected, no internet. Media disconnected

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Connected, no internet. Media disconnected: I didn’t know jack about computers before this morning, so I apologize for any ignorance.My computer decided it didn’t like internet, but it was in love with the wifi connection last night. I thought it was a simple turn it off and back on again fix it wasn’t.After a lot of...
  5. Connected, no internet. Media disconnected

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Connected, no internet. Media disconnected: I didn’t know jack about computers before this morning, so I apologize for any ignorance.My computer decided it didn’t like internet, but it was in love with the wifi connection last night. I thought it was a simple turn it off and back on again fix it wasn’t.After a lot of...
  6. Connected, no internet. Media disconnected

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. Internet keeps connecting and disconnecting randomly

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Internet keeps connecting and disconnecting randomly: Please move the "Ask a question" somewhere else. Took me hours before I realized it was herehttps://youtu.be/3E2L6ON-DksMy internet keeps disconnecting, no networks show, but randomly my ethernet, which is my only internet connection, keeps appearing and disappearing,...
  8. Saying the internet is disconnected but connected!

Saying the internet is disconnected but connected!: [ATTACH] Hello For some time now, when I connect my laptop to Wi-Fi, it shows that there is no internet, but the sites open and everything works with the internet, but the laptop says the internet is down. in this pic , the internet is connected but saying the internet is...
  9. Wifi disconnects when internet connection drops

Wifi disconnects when internet connection drops: Hi I have a Samsung Note 9 which I use as a mobile hotspot When I connect my Surface Pro 6 to the wifi it works absolutely fine. I mostly use it on the train. When the train goes through a long tunnel or area with no signal, the internet connection is lost. Windows senses...
  10. Intermittent internet connection - auto disconnect

Intermittent internet connection - auto disconnect: Hello, For almost a year now, I have had a constant problem with my computer's internet connection. My wifi seems to turn on and off at will at various times. Sometimes, it doesn't happen for a week or two, and other times, it happens multiple times per couple of days....