Windows 10: connect new desktop folders to existing desktop folders?

Discus and support connect new desktop folders to existing desktop folders? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; cannot connect from new desktop to existing laptop to updates files... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by ThomasNielsen5, Aug 17, 2018.

1. connect new desktop folders to existing desktop folders?

cannot connect from new desktop to existing laptop to updates files

:)

ThomasNielsen5, Aug 17, 2018
  2. Shilohbob Win User

Can not create New Folder in Desktop

When you open 'Properties' for the 'Desktop' folder in your 'Username' and select 'Location' does it show as in image below:

If not select 'Restore Default' (blank out is your 'Username', even if it appears correct still select. (worth a try).

Try create a new folder from desktop!!!

If that does not work try (suggestion):

Rename current desktop folder to 'Desktop1' > create a new 'Desktop' folder > try to create new folder from desktop.

Trying to avoid creating new user profile!!!!!!

connect new desktop folders to existing desktop folders? a8ff5af4-d3b5-4168-a130-2221bedb59e9.png

Shilohbob, Aug 17, 2018
  3. Custom Folder view for new folders registery hack ?

Te new folder has default view of LIST

I want DETAILS

When making new system ... it's a pain in ass changing always.

RuskiSnajper, Aug 17, 2018
  4. connect new desktop folders to existing desktop folders?

Desktop folder moved

Normally you can right-click the folder that "is" the desktop (so the Dropbox folder in this case), go to properties, and use the Location tab to undo the mistake. However, since DropBox itself is already a special folder, I think you'll need to fix this
    in the registry.

Don't worry, it's actually quite easy. Here's how:

• Make sure a Desktop folder exists in your user folder

Go to C:\Users\YourName (your user folder) and make sure a folder named "Desktop" is there (even if it's not actually being used to store the desktop files at the moment). Create a folder named Desktop if it's not there.
    • Open Registry Editor.

Hold down the
      connect new desktop folders to existing desktop folders? win8.jpg
      Windows Logo key and type
      R to open the Run box, type regedit, then click OK to open Registry Editor. Confirm the administrator prompt if required.
    • Using the folders (keys) on the left side, navigate down to this path:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\User Shell Folders
    • On the right side, find Desktop and double-click it. Set it equal to
      %userprofile%\desktop
      and click OK.

connect new desktop folders to existing desktop folders? [​IMG]

After you're done, restart your computer and now the folder will be back to acting correctly.

Shawn 'Cmdr' Keene [MVP], Aug 17, 2018
Thema:

connect new desktop folders to existing desktop folders?

1. connect new desktop folders to existing desktop folders? - Similar Threads - connect desktop folders

2. When I create a new folder on the Desktop it doesn't show up on the Desktop folder Desktop...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    When I create a new folder on the Desktop it doesn't show up on the Desktop folder Desktop...: My Desktop Directory C:\Users\abdel\Desktop is empty even though I have files on my Desktop.I recently reset my pc but I am not sure if that's what caused the issue....
  3. Desktop Folder

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Desktop Folder: hi,i have a suggestion if you ever have the time to implement the idea i think it will be a nice addition,the folders in the desktop,is there a possibility to make the folder look like transparent collections or like android folders to make my desktop look more lively...
  4. Desktop Folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Desktop Folder: hi,i have a suggestion if you ever have the time to implement the idea i think it will be a nice addition,the folders in the desktop,is there a possibility to make the folder look like transparent collections or like android folders to make my desktop look more lively...
  5. Desktop folders

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Desktop folders: Are the folders/files in C:\Users\user name\Desktop the same as in This PC\Desktop and Desktop\This PC, etc ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/desktop-folders/fca4a621-62e0-47e4-9d7f-f10084ce66f7
  6. desktop folder within a desktop folder within a desktop folder

in Windows 10 Support
    desktop folder within a desktop folder within a desktop folder: Through transferring data from one computer to another, I've ended up with multiple desktop folders inside of the desktop folder inside of file explorer. Combining those folders seems to be a bit of a task and one drive seems complicate this issue. 171578
  7. new folder on desktop

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    new folder on desktop: every time I make a new folder on the desktop it places it at the top left corner I have everything organized in a certain way but every time I make a new folder or move something to the desktop it goes to the top left corner and messes up all the organizing i had and i have...
  8. Creating a 'new folder' on the desktop

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Creating a 'new folder' on the desktop: On both windows 10 computers, when I right click the desktop, to try and create a 'new folder', the computer does not recognize the desktop and can not create a new folder....
  9. Desktop Folders

Desktop Folders: The feature allowing me to create new folders on the desktop has stopped working. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/desktop-folders/a871e3bc-5e42-4dfc-96b8-27efbf2f02ff"
  10. New Desktop Folder

New Desktop Folder: Since the last Windows update I can no longer create a new file by right clicking and selecting new. The options are there but If I try to do that my computer momentarily freezes then nothing happens. Googling this issue shows I am not alone but I have not yet found a...