Windows 10: Connect to Printer either USB or over Network

Discus and support Connect to Printer either USB or over Network in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Can a printer be configured on one PC to connect via USB or Ethernet? We had an issue with our network that prevented connection to either of two... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by johnpd, Sep 28, 2017.

1. johnpd Win User

Connect to Printer either USB or over Network

Can a printer be configured on one PC to connect via USB or Ethernet? We had an issue with our network that prevented connection to either of two printers through the wired or wireless connections. Assuming the appropriate drivers have been installed, can a new configuration be set up on a PC to connect over a USB cable and have the ability to select either network or USB method for printing?

JohnD

:)

johnpd, Sep 28, 2017
  2. Greg Carmack - Windows MVP, Sep 28, 2017
  3. Linney Win User
    How to set up Windows 10 to allow both printing with the USB as well as wireless to my HP Desktop printer?

"Note: The printer can be connected by a USB cable to a computer and also be connected to a wireless network. Both USB and wireless connections can be active and used at the same time. At the end of the conversion process, you may be given the option to
    either keep or delete the USB printer driver. If you choose to keep it, you will have two printer icons with the printer’s model name in the computer’s printer folder. One icon will be the printer originally installed and used over the USB connection. The
    second icon was just installed and should be used when using the printer over the network connection."

Convert from a USB connected printer to wireless

Convert from a USB to wireless | Wireless Printing Center | HP® Australia

Accepted Solution Can I use both USB & Wireless connection​s on OfficeJet 6700?

Solved: Can I use both USB & Wireless connections on OfficeJet 6700? - HP Support Forum - 1909077

on my wireless printer can i use both usb and wireless at the same time

on my wireless printer can i use both usb and wireless at th... - HP Support Forum - 1299067

The answer might be to try it and see what happens? You might end up with two printers on your machine with only one of them set as the Default Printer. Every time you print (from the double connection machine) then you might have to select either the
    Default Printer or the other Printer depending on where/how you are printing.

Linney, Sep 28, 2017
  4. PiKo Win User

Install printer twice and give it different names (for instance printer USB and printer Network) and configure both.
    With printing you decides which "printer" to use.

5. johnpd Win User
    Thanks, I thought that was all that was necessary. I just need to pick up a USB printer cable.

JohnD

johnpd, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Connect to Printer either USB or over Network - Similar Threads - Connect Printer either

2. Printer is not connecting to network

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Printer is not connecting to network: After cumulative windows updates my printer is not connecting to network. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/printer-is-not-connecting-to-network/0e633272-dbf3-4b55-bebe-77263a710010
  3. Printer is not connecting to network

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Printer is not connecting to network: After cumulative windows updates my printer is not connecting to network. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/printer-is-not-connecting-to-network/0e633272-dbf3-4b55-bebe-77263a710010
  4. Printer is not connecting to network

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Connect to All Printers over Network "Windows Couldn't Connect To The Printer"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Connect to All Printers over Network "Windows Couldn't Connect To The Printer": I have a problem with my pc. I try to connect with some network printers, but the result is "Windows Couldn't Connect To The Printer". I've tried restarting the print spooler, copying the mscms.dll file, deleting the printer and driver, then deleting the Client Side Rendering...
  6. Connect to All Printers over Network "Windows Couldn't Connect To The Printer"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Connect to All Printers over Network "Windows Couldn't Connect To The Printer": I have a problem with my pc. I try to connect with some network printers, but the result is "Windows Couldn't Connect To The Printer". I've tried restarting the print spooler, copying the mscms.dll file, deleting the printer and driver, then deleting the Client Side Rendering...
  7. Connecting to local printer over internet

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Connecting to local printer over internet: Apologies if this is the wrong board to post this. I have been asked to set up a remote connection from a laptop directly to a local printer connected to the router, without remote connection to the office pc, so that the person using the laptop at home can print to the local...
  8. USB connected printer

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    USB connected printer: My USB connected Brother printer has recently stopped printing. Brother thinks that a recent Windows patch has caused this issue with ALL USB connected printers. Is there a fix for this issue please....
  9. Connect a Network Printer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Connect a Network Printer: Hi, I have two computers and each one has its own printer. They are connected in the same network. How can I connect to the other computer's printer? I can't seem to figure this out.......
  10. USB direct connect HDD slower than over network !!!

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    USB direct connect HDD slower than over network !!!: Hi there can anybody explain this : HDD (USB3) connected to computer and then copy files from NAS is giving me speed of around 110 MB/s (440 Mb/s) - computer connected via a network switch to NAS [img] USB3 connected DIRECTLY to NAS is giving about 60 - 70 MB/s...