Windows 10: Connect To Roku Streaming Stick

Discus and support Connect To Roku Streaming Stick in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I'm on build:10240 and I was wanting to connect my computer to my Roku Streaming Stick. Is there a way to do this on 10240?If so how? 8698 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by AMOCO, Jul 20, 2015.

1. AMOCO Win User

Connect To Roku Streaming Stick

I'm on build:10240 and I was wanting to connect my computer to my Roku Streaming Stick.
    Is there a way to do this on 10240?If so how?

:)

AMOCO, Jul 20, 2015
  2. GRAWTY Win User

Upgraded to Windows 10 and can no longer mirror my screen to my Roku 3.

I had problems mirroring with Windows 10 to my Roku 3 streaming stick - then I tried disabling my Firewall and connected to the Roku fine.

GRAWTY, Jul 20, 2015
  3. DanDuda Win User
    Will Windows DVD Player stream to a ROKU Player on my LAN?

I have Windows DVD Player installed on my Windows 10 Pro 32bit PC. I also have a ROKU Streaming Stick connected to my LAN where I can show media from my PC on the TV. How can I stream the DVD to the ROKU so I can watch it on the TV?

DanDuda, Jul 20, 2015
  4. jimbo45 Win User

Hi there

1) Have you enabled Media streaming in the settings.
    2) I think you need some type of application to start the Roku service --have you started it.

I use MEZZMO for my Media streamer so I can stream from Computer (server) to TV's around the place -- you need to ensure any DNLA flags are enabled so the devices you want to play on can see and access the DLNA server (in my case MEZZMO).

3) you might need an exception in the firewall but the application should sort that out.

Is your ROKU stick in the computer or on another device like a TV.

Note the ROKU device needs an MHL port to function.

What is MHL and why do you need it? | TechRadar

This guide should be of help

3M - How do I set up my Roku® Streaming Stick™ (Roku Ready® Version)? : Featured Topics

Cheers
    jimbo

jimbo45, Jul 21, 2015
  5. AMOCO Win User
    So Windows 10 is not going to have a native app to connect to my Roku Stick,Like miracast?
    And if I have to use a 3rd party app like MEZZMO,Do they have a free version or do I have to buy this?

AMOCO, Jul 21, 2015
  6. bro67 Win User
    PLEX or Kodi will allow you to connect from the Roku to the computer. You may need to install an app on the Roku to connect to the server.

bro67, Jul 23, 2015
  7. Dude Win User
    Check out emby, I use it with my Roku 2

Emby

Dude, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Connect To Roku Streaming Stick - Similar Threads - Connect Roku Streaming

2. Tried to stream video to Roku TV and saw it AND Roku stick listed as available devices.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Tried to stream video to Roku TV and saw it AND Roku stick listed as available devices.: Like the title says my computer is showing a Roku Streaming Stick + as an available device to stream to. I don't own that device only a Roku TV that also shows up as a separate choice to stream to. It was my understanding that it would have to be on the same network WIFI or...
  3. Can no longer connect to Roku TV

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can no longer connect to Roku TV: Hi all, I’ve had a Sharp running Roku TV 5303X for several years. I have had no issues screen mirroring to it from my laptop (Asus Q302L) besides having to repeatedly reconnect until it finally connects. I haven’t been able to screen mirror to it for the past almost two years...
  4. Windows 10 will Not Screen Mirror to Roku Stick

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 will Not Screen Mirror to Roku Stick: I have tried multiple solutions to try and screen mirror my Windows 10 PC to my tv via Roku Stick. My PC has Miracast with HDCP. I have tried connecting through the Action Center and Settings. The PC initiates a connection with the Roku Stick. I select Allow on Roku and...
  5. WMP and streaming to Roku

in Windows 10 Customization
    WMP and streaming to Roku: I have a new W10 computer and would like to use WMP to stream content home videos, photos, music from an attached external drive to my Roku Express model 3900X. This uses the Roku Media Player channel. The Roku is attached to a television sound system. In WMP Customize...
  6. streaming windows 10 laptop to my roku streaming devive connected to my tv

streaming windows 10 laptop to my roku streaming devive connected to my tv: How do I send my computer screen to my roku streaming device connected to my tv? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/streaming-windows-10-laptop-to-my-roku-streaming/95f591c2-208f-43fe-b477-76383e98f240
  7. Windows 10 wont connect to Roku plus stick. Please help!

Windows 10 wont connect to Roku plus stick. Please help!: Windows 10 wont connect to Roku plus stick. Please help! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-wont-connect-to-roku-plus-stick-please/4dffb657-bd37-4755-a58b-9dd877b6e354
  8. Can't Connect to Roku Streaming Stick Plus

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't Connect to Roku Streaming Stick Plus: Hi, Anybody faced the same problem as me. As I try to connect to my Roku device through Miracast, the result show "Cannot connect to the device". Please help me to solve the problem if you have any idea. Thanks....
  9. How to connect Roku to the router?

How to connect Roku to the router?: I cannot connect my Roku smart TV to the router (I use wireless connection). I enter the password and it is correct but I keep getting a message "unable yo connect". I uninstalled the software and installed it again but with no effect...
  10. Streaming video from W10 Pro through a Roku 3?

Streaming video from W10 Pro through a Roku 3?: OK... Have two Roku 3 units connected on the same wireless LAN. I want to stream video to the TV via the Roku 3, from this W10 Pro box. Figure Wireless-N speeds due to the Roku 3 bandwidth limitations. Is it possible to root it? If not, feel free to suggest an alternate...