Windows 10: Connect to Wireless Display with Miracast in Windows 10

Discus and support Connect to Wireless Display with Miracast in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; How to: Connect to Wireless Display with Miracast in Windows 10 How to Connect to a Wireless Display with Miracast in Windows 10 Miracast is a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by Kari, Aug 6, 2016.

1. Kari Win User

Connect to Wireless Display with Miracast in Windows 10

How to: Connect to Wireless Display with Miracast in Windows 10

How to Connect to a Wireless Display with Miracast in Windows 10

Miracast is a wireless technology your PC, laptop, or tablet can use to project your screen to wireless TVs, projectors, and streaming media players that also support Miracast. You can use this to share what youre doing on your PC, present a slide show, or even play your favorite game on a larger screen.

Starting with Windows 10 build 17682, just like remote desktop youll see a control banner at the top of your screen when youre in a session. The banner keeps you informed of the state of your connection, allows you to quick disconnect or reconnect to the same sink and allows you to tune the connection based on what you are doing. This tuning is done via the settings gear, which optimizes the screen to screen latency based on one of the three scenarios:
    • Game mode minimizes the screen to screen latency to make gaming over a wireless connection possible.
    • Video mode increases the screen to screen latency to ensure the video on the big screen plays back smoothly and without glitching.
    • Productivity modes strikes a good balance between game mode and video mode where the screen to screen latency is responsive enough that typing feels natural, while ensuring videos don’t glitch too often.
    By default, all connections start off in productivity mode.

Connect to Wireless Display with Miracast in Windows 10 [​IMG]

This tutorial will show you how to project your Windows 10 PC screen to a wireless TV, projector, or streaming media player with Miracast.

*note Both your Windows 10 computer (PC, laptop, or tablet) and device (TV, projector, or streaming media player) must support Miracast to be able to project your computer's screen to the device.

The device (TV, projector, or streaming media player) must support Miracast, and have Miracast turned on. To see if your device supports Miracast, you will need to check its manual to see if it's a supported feature.

Miracast requirements:
    • Graphics driver must support Windows Display Driver Model WDDM 1.3 with Miracast support
    • Wi-Fi driver must support Network Driver Interface Specification (NDIS) 6.30 and Wi-Fi Direct
    • Windows 8.1 or Windows 10
    See also:

Here's How:

1. Do step 2 (Connect), step 3 (Project), or step 4 (Action Center) below for how you would like to open Connect.

2. Press the Win+K keys, and go to step 5 below.

3. Press the Win+P keys, or swipe in from the right edge of the touch screen.
    A) Click/tap on the Connect to a wireless display link, and go to step 5 below. (see screenshot below)

4. Open the step 5 below. (see screenshot below)

5. Do step 6 (connect) or step 7 (disconnect) below to either connect to or disconnect from a wireless display.

6. To Connect to a Wireless Display
    A) Click/tap on the wireless display you want to project to. (see screenshot below)

B) Once connected, you can click/tap on the Change projection mode link to choose one of the options below: (see screenshot below)

[table][tr][td]Projection Mode[/td] [td]Description[/td] [/tr] [tr][td]PC screen only[/td] [td]You’ll see everything on your PC. (When you're connected to a wireless projector, this option changes to Disconnect.)[/td] [/tr] [tr][td]Duplicate[/td] [td]You’ll see the same things on both screens.[/td] [/tr] [tr][td]Extend (default)[/td] [td]You'll see everything spread over both screens, and you can drag and move items between the two.[/td] [/tr] [tr][td]Second screen only[/td] [td]You’ll see everything on the connected screen. Your other screen will be blank.[/td] [/tr] [/table]

7. To Disconnect from a Wireless Display
    *note If you move your PC beyond the range of the wireless display (such as to another room), or if you make your PC sleep or hibernate, the two devices will automatically disconnect.
    A) Click/tap on the Disconnect button for the wireless display you want to stop projecting to. (see screenshot below)

That's it,
    Shawn

Related Tutorials

:)

Kari, Aug 6, 2016

2. Cast to device from edge not working

Hi,

Thanks for the update and response,

I understand that you are facing some issues with using Miracast on the computer. Miracast will help you to wirelessly project to a big screen without fussing with proprietary technologies, network access, and different display
    cables and adapters. Wireless display is available in Windows 10 PCs – laptops, tablets, and all-in-ones — allowing you to display your full Windows 10 experience (up to 1080p) to large wireless display-enabled screens at home and work.

As your miracast is not connecting to the device Please refer to the following Microsoft article to know in and out about Miracast.

Project to a wireless display with Miracast

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-8/project-wireless-screen-miracast

(Applies to windows 10)

If the issue persists, I suggest you to refer to the following article for more information.

Anup Karkal, Aug 6, 2016
  3. George222(2), Aug 6, 2016
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Hey Kari, *Smile

I'm not aware of a way for both either.

Brink, Aug 6, 2016
  5. Kari Win User
    OK, was worth a try *Smile

Kari, Aug 6, 2016
  6. I am using Windows 10 on lenovo yoga 500 with touchscreen.
    Sometimes steps 2, 3 and 4 stops working on my laptop and I don't know why. This gets correct when I restart the laptop.
    I have got tired restarting the laptop every time. Can you help avoiding restart to correct the issue?

tikeshrane, Oct 8, 2017
  7. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Brink, Oct 8, 2017
  8. Connect to Wireless Display with Miracast in Windows 10

Thanks a lot for the response.
    I restarted the "Windows Explorer", but unfortunately it did not help *Sad

tikeshrane, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Connect to Wireless Display with Miracast in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Connect Wireless Display

2. Cannot connect to Microsoft Miracast Wireless Display Adapter

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot connect to Microsoft Miracast Wireless Display Adapter: I bought a Microsoft wireless display adapter to connect my Lenovo T14 Win10 ThinkPad to a new external monitor. When I turn the monitor on with the adapter connected, the screen displays MSDisplayAdapter_37 Ready to connect. On my laptop, I see MSDisplayAdapter_37 in the...
  3. Cannot connect to Microsoft Miracast Wireless Display Adapter

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot connect to Microsoft Miracast Wireless Display Adapter: I bought a Microsoft wireless display adapter to connect my Lenovo T14 Win10 ThinkPad to a new external monitor. When I turn the monitor on with the adapter connected, the screen displays MSDisplayAdapter_37 Ready to connect. On my laptop, I see MSDisplayAdapter_37 in the...
  4. Cannot connect to Microsoft Miracast Wireless Display Adapter

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Miracast - Connect to a wireless display

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Miracast - Connect to a wireless display: Hi These are Miracast requirements:Graphics driver must support Windows Display Driver Model WDDM 1.3 with Miracast supportWi-Fi driver must support Network Driver Interface Specification NDIS 6.30 and Wi-Fi DirectWindows 8.1 or Windows 10My question:How do i check if my w10...
  6. Miracast - Connect to a wireless display

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Miracast - Connect to a wireless display: Hi These are Miracast requirements:Graphics driver must support Windows Display Driver Model WDDM 1.3 with Miracast supportWi-Fi driver must support Network Driver Interface Specification NDIS 6.30 and Wi-Fi DirectWindows 8.1 or Windows 10My question:How do i check if my w10...
  7. Miracast - Connect to a wireless display

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  8. Miracast/wireless display receiver

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Miracast/wireless display receiver: I have a microsoft wireless display adapter v2. But now on windows (if your laptop/pc support it) it have also a miracast receiver buid in baked in the os. But on the wireless display adapter v2 sometimes cant keep up and sometimes it is smooth as it should be. But what is...
  9. Need help with Miracast / connecting to a wireless display

in Windows 10 Customization
    Need help with Miracast / connecting to a wireless display: Hi, ive been able to connect to my phillips smart tv for couple of times vis miracast. i did that by pressing "windows key + P" and pressing connect to a wireless display. next sub window would open and automatically scan for devices. it would find it instantly and it would...
  10. Connect to Wireless Display with Miracast on Windows 10 Mobile Phone

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Connect to Wireless Display with Miracast on Windows 10 Mobile Phone: How to: Connect to Wireless Display with Miracast on Windows 10 Mobile Phone How to Connect to a Wireless Display with Miracast on Windows 10 Mobile Phone [img] Information Miracast is a wireless technology your Windows 10 Mobile phone can use to project your screen...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. lg tv miracast windows 10

2. how to cast a movie from window 10 laptop to lg smart tv

3. win10 1903 miracast

4. win 10 connect to miracast automatically,
  5. miracast windows 10 1903,
  6. windows 10 1903 wireless display adapter,
  7. miracast driver disable tutorial before restarting,
  8. Screenshare / Miracast from Windows 10 to Samsung Smart TV ,
  9. windows 10 screen share lg,
  10. does lg smart tv support miracast,
  11. windows 10 wireless display chromecast