Windows 10: Connect to Wireless Display with Miracast on Windows 10 Mobile Phone

Discus and support Connect to Wireless Display with Miracast on Windows 10 Mobile Phone in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; How to: Connect to Wireless Display with Miracast on Windows 10 Mobile Phone How to Connect to a Wireless Display with Miracast on Windows 10 Mobile... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by Brink, Apr 20, 2018.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

Connect to Wireless Display with Miracast on Windows 10 Mobile Phone

How to: Connect to Wireless Display with Miracast on Windows 10 Mobile Phone

How to Connect to a Wireless Display with Miracast on Windows 10 Mobile Phone

Connect to Wireless Display with Miracast on Windows 10 Mobile Phone [​IMG]
    Information Miracast is a wireless technology your Windows 10 Mobile phone can use to project your screen to wireless TVs, projectors, and streaming media players that also support Miracast. You can use this to share what you’re doing on your phone, present a slide show, or even play your favorite game on a larger screen.

This tutorial will show you how to project your Windows 10 Mobile phone screen to a wireless TV, projector, or streaming media player with Miracast.

Note The device (TV, projector, or streaming media player) must support Miracast, and have Miracast turned on. To see if your device supports Miracast, you will need to check its manual to see if it's a supported feature.

Here's How:

1. Do step 2 (Action Center) or step 3 (Settings) below for how you would like to open Connect.

2. Swipe down from the top of your phone to open Action Center, tap on the Connect button, and go to step 4 below. (see screenshot below)

3. Open Settings on the Windows 10 Mobile phone, and tap on System. (see screenshot below)

A) Tap on Display. (see screenshot below)

B) Tap on the Connect to a wireless display link, and go to step 4 below. (see screenshot below)

4. Do step 5 (connect) or step 6 (disconnect) below to either connect to or disconnect from a wireless display.

5. To Connect to a Wireless Display
    A) Tap on the wireless display you want to project to. (see screenshot below)

6. To Disconnect from a Wireless Display

Note If you move your phone beyond the range of the wireless display (such as to another room), or power off your phone, the two devices will automatically disconnect.

A) Click/tap on the Disconnect button for the wireless display you want to stop projecting to. (see screenshot below)

That's it,
    Shawn

Related Tutorials

:)

Brink, Apr 20, 2018

2. miracast wireless adaptor not connecting

Hi Jamie,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

I understand the inconvenience you are facing with connecting to the external monitor on Windows 10, we will help you with this issue.

This issue might have occurred due to corrupted/ outdated display adapter drivers after upgrading to Windows 10. Try the below and check if it helps.

Step 1: Uninstall the Wireless Display Driver.

• Press Windows key + X key when you are at desktop.
    • Select Device Manager.
    • Expand Display Adapter.
    • Right on the Display Adapter and click on
      Uninstall.
    • Restart the computer.

Step 2: Update
    Wireless Display Driver.

• Press Windows key + X key when you are at desktop.
    • Select Device Manager.
    • Expand Display Adapter.
    • Right on the Display Adapter and click on
      Update driver software.

Also refer to: Fix connections to Bluetooth audio devices and wireless displays

And, Project to a wireless display with Miracast

(Applies to Windows 10 as well)

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of this issue for further assistance.

Deepika Gowda, Oct 26, 2019
  3. Kari Win User
    Connect to Wireless Display with Miracast in Windows 10

Nice tutorial Shawn!

I'm happy that Anniversary Update seems to have solved connectivity issues with Microsoft Wireless Display Adapter, it was before like a lottery to try to connect to it, sometimes you won but often not. Now with 14393.10 it connects every time, keeping the connection alive.

Just one small inconvenience: is there a way to change display properties defaults? In my case when connecting to wireless display from this laptop, I need it to be left from laptop display but it will always be placed to right. See screenshot, display 1 is laptop, #2 is external display, #3 MS Wireless Display. I would need it to be placed when connected last at left:

Now I need to move it manually every time in Settings.

Additional question is there a way to make it connect automatically whenever I sign in?

4. puma99dk| Win User

Windows 10 and Miracast what's going wrong?

A couple of months after I tried the TH2 update for Windows 10 that broke my ability to use miracast with my Intel Wireless-AC 7260 (Gigabyte GC-WB867D-I), it went wrong yesterday all of a sudden my pc couldn't fint my Microsoft Wireless Display Adapter again, i found my laptop i use at work with Windows 8.1 Pro it find and connect my MWDA without a problem, then I firmware updated my MWDA and it still not helping.

Now I tried updating my Windows with the "MediaCreationTool.exe" so i am now running Windows 10 Pro Version 1511 (OS Build 10586.36) and I still can't find my MWDA, but i can connect and use wireless and bluetooth no problem, so i guess it's just not gonna happen for me to use miracast with my desktop pc *Frown Connect to Wireless Display with Miracast on Windows 10 Mobile Phone :(

I haven't had all these problems in Windows 8.1 Pro it's like Microsoft broke miracast with Windows 10 and there is a lot of threads about miracast problems, yet I haven't found a solution that works for me.

So if anyone got smth I can try to get it to work I will be happy, and I have already tested several drivers from Intel same thing, no Microsoft Wireless Display Adapter found.

puma99dk|, Oct 26, 2019
  5. Noor_Azam Win User
    Can’t Connect to Wireless Display

Hello,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand your concern, we will look into this for you. However, in order to get clarity of the issue and assist you with appropriate steps, please reply with the answers to the questions below.

• What troubleshooting steps have you tried so for?

I suggest you to refer this article
    Fix connections to wireless displays or docks
    and check with the issue.

The issue could also be specific to some systems including Dell XPS as the following article describes it. Please follow the instructions as given in the link.

Miracast Users May Encounter issues
    while connecting to wireless devices

Refer this article to know more about the
    Connection TV to PC

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Noor Azam S

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Noor_Azam, Oct 26, 2019
  6. wireless display adapter model 1628

Hi Rudy,

Connecting to a wireless display requires a device that supports Miracast. For us to identify the cause of this issue, please answer the below questions:

In the meantime, we suggest performing the given steps on this article:
    Fix connections to wireless displays or docks

We look forward for your response.

Janeane Cru, Oct 26, 2019
Thema:

1. Connect to Wireless Display with Miracast on Windows 10 Mobile Phone - Similar Threads - Connect Wireless Display

2. Cannot connect to Microsoft Miracast Wireless Display Adapter

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot connect to Microsoft Miracast Wireless Display Adapter: I bought a Microsoft wireless display adapter to connect my Lenovo T14 Win10 ThinkPad to a new external monitor. When I turn the monitor on with the adapter connected, the screen displays MSDisplayAdapter_37 Ready to connect. On my laptop, I see MSDisplayAdapter_37 in the...
  3. Cannot connect to Microsoft Miracast Wireless Display Adapter

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot connect to Microsoft Miracast Wireless Display Adapter: I bought a Microsoft wireless display adapter to connect my Lenovo T14 Win10 ThinkPad to a new external monitor. When I turn the monitor on with the adapter connected, the screen displays MSDisplayAdapter_37 Ready to connect. On my laptop, I see MSDisplayAdapter_37 in the...
  4. Cannot connect to Microsoft Miracast Wireless Display Adapter

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Miracast - Connect to a wireless display

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Miracast - Connect to a wireless display: Hi These are Miracast requirements:Graphics driver must support Windows Display Driver Model WDDM 1.3 with Miracast supportWi-Fi driver must support Network Driver Interface Specification NDIS 6.30 and Wi-Fi DirectWindows 8.1 or Windows 10My question:How do i check if my w10...
  6. Miracast - Connect to a wireless display

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Miracast - Connect to a wireless display: Hi These are Miracast requirements:Graphics driver must support Windows Display Driver Model WDDM 1.3 with Miracast supportWi-Fi driver must support Network Driver Interface Specification NDIS 6.30 and Wi-Fi DirectWindows 8.1 or Windows 10My question:How do i check if my w10...
  7. Miracast - Connect to a wireless display

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  8. Miracast/wireless display receiver

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Miracast/wireless display receiver: I have a microsoft wireless display adapter v2. But now on windows (if your laptop/pc support it) it have also a miracast receiver buid in baked in the os. But on the wireless display adapter v2 sometimes cant keep up and sometimes it is smooth as it should be. But what is...
  9. Need help with Miracast / connecting to a wireless display

in Windows 10 Customization
    Need help with Miracast / connecting to a wireless display: Hi, ive been able to connect to my phillips smart tv for couple of times vis miracast. i did that by pressing "windows key + P" and pressing connect to a wireless display. next sub window would open and automatically scan for devices. it would find it instantly and it would...
  10. Connect to Wireless Display with Miracast in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Connect to Wireless Display with Miracast in Windows 10: How to: Connect to Wireless Display with Miracast in Windows 10 How to Connect to a Wireless Display with Miracast in Windows 10 Miracast is a wireless technology your PC, laptop, or tablet can use to project your screen to wireless TVs, projectors, and streaming media...