Windows 10: Connect your Windows app to Azure IoT Hub with Visual Studio

Discus and support Connect your Windows app to Azure IoT Hub with Visual Studio in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Hello, Makers! A key part of being productive is having great tools. For developers, this can make the difference between a successful app that... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Brink, Mar 2, 2016.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

Connect your Windows app to Azure IoT Hub with Visual Studio

Source: Connect your Windows app to Azure IoT Hub with Visual Studio | Building Apps for Windows

:)

Brink, Mar 2, 2016

2. Free trial version of Microsoft Azure IoT Suite for understanding and experimentation

Also when I login to Microsoft Azure IoT using my professional account and when sign up for Microsoft Azure,

will it get charged to my professional account?

When you say professional account, I assume you mean you MSDN TechNet account. Then you will get more credits than the $200 USD (£125 UK) for free. You have to give Credit Card for proof who you say you are. You need a cell/mobile phone to get the security
    code. Its FREE until you hit your limit of cost. Then if using MSDN professional of Visual Studio Pro/Enterprise wait till next months credits or convert to Pay-As-You-Go account on your credit card. Just takes as much as you use per month billing use the
    Azure Cost Calculator to forecast how much you will spend and Online account billing to see how much you spent.

see the FREE Amazon Kindle book
    Fundamentals of Azure
    which covers all your questions on Azure IoT

Jimbohalo10, Mar 2, 2016
  3. Free trial version of Microsoft Azure IoT Suite for understanding and experimentation

I want to use Microsoft Azure IoT Suite for understanding and experimentation.

Basically I want to develop a sample application using Azure IoT.

For that I click on link “Free Trial” -> “Try It Now“, options available on Microsoft Azure IoT web site.

Then It take me to the page where I need to sign up with page title as Microsoft Azure.

If I use my personal account to log in to Microsoft Azure web site, on sign up page for Azure IoT it asks me credit card details.

And when I use my professional account (provided by my company) then it does not ask for credit card details, why so?

Also when I login to Microsoft Azure IoT using my professional account and when sign up for Microsoft Azure,

will it get charged to my professional account?

For now I need free trial only.

Pradeep_Patil, Mar 2, 2016
Thema:

Connect your Windows app to Azure IoT Hub with Visual Studio

1. Connect your Windows app to Azure IoT Hub with Visual Studio - Similar Threads - Connect app Azure

2. Visual studio

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Visual studio: Hello,Why does Microsoft warn against downloading Visual Studio on a Windows 7 professional system, and what about the near unreachable options in the Microsoft Visual Studio installer ?Thank you...
  3. Visual Studio

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Visual Studio: Dear MS supportMy customer has a Visual Studio 2015 stand alone license on a Windows Server. We need to update the Windows Server to newer OS. I think we can not transfer the license to a new server. Therefore I think we need to purchase a new license for Visual Studio 2015?...
  4. Multiple Microsoft Accounts causes issues with Azure & Visual Studio

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Multiple Microsoft Accounts causes issues with Azure & Visual Studio: I have different Microsoft Accounts for my companies Visual Studio DevOps and Azure Portals I manage. There are specific reasons they are different and they are linked to different email addresses. Is there any way to be connected to both on the same computer? I keep...
  5. Microsoft rebrands Visual Studio Team Services as Azure DevOps

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft rebrands Visual Studio Team Services as Azure DevOps: For those who were wondering what Microsoft would do with Visual Studio Team Services (VSTS) following its purchase of GitHub earlier this year, the answer is in. Microsoft is "evolving" VSTS into a family of Azure DevOps services... Read more: Microsoft rebrands,...
  6. Windows IoT Core and Azure IoT Hub – Putting the ‘I’ in IoT

in Windows 10 News
    Windows IoT Core and Azure IoT Hub – Putting the ‘I’ in IoT: Hello, Makers! Earlier this year, we announced the availability of Windows IoT Core – a new edition of Windows designed for maker boards and small devices. We’ve been busy the past few months continuing to make improvements to the platform, with the goal of making Windows...
  7. Visual Studio Toolbox: Introducing Windows IoT Core

in Windows 10 News
    Visual Studio Toolbox: Introducing Windows IoT Core: In this episode, Dmitry Lyalin is joined by Stephen Huang to go over how to get started with Windows 10 IoT Core. Learn the fundamentals such as setting up the OS on an SD card, monitoring your device, using Windows device portal, and running sample code using Visual Studio....
  8. Announcing Visual Studio Connected Environment

in Windows 10 News
    Announcing Visual Studio Connected Environment: I've been having all kinds of fun lately with Kubernetes, exploring building my own Kubernetes Cluster on the metal, as well as using a managed Kubernetes cluster in Azure with AKS. Today at the Connect() conference in NYC I was happy to announce Visual Studio Connected...
  9. Kafka Connect for Azure IoT Hub

in Windows 10 News
    Kafka Connect for Azure IoT Hub: In Azure IoT, we believe in empowering developers to build IoT solutions with the technologies of their choice. Today I’m excited to announce the release of Kafka Connect for Azure IoT Hub. This new Kafka Source Connector can be used to read telemetry data from devices...
  10. Device to Device Communication with Azure IoT Hub

in Windows 10 News
    Device to Device Communication with Azure IoT Hub: We’ve already seen how to get your devices to send data to the cloud. In most cases, the data is then processed by various Azure services. However, in some cases the cloud is nothing more than a means of communication between two devices. Imagine a Raspberry Pi connected...