Windows 10: Connected printer isn't option to use

Discus and support Connected printer isn't option to use in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; We use a HP Photosmart 7530 and after downloading Windows 10 we have not been able to print anything with it. When we go to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by joelarue, Jun 29, 2016.

1. joelarue Win User

Connected printer isn't option to use

We use a HP Photosmart 7530 and after downloading Windows 10 we have not been able to print anything with it. When we go to Start>Settings>Devices>Printers and Scanners> it does not show up when searching for it. It will show up under connected devices but there are no options to troubleshoot. The only option it gives after clicking it is to disconnect.

:)

joelarue, Jun 29, 2016

2. Problems with printers after upgrading to Windows 10

Mine too.

Can you see you printer in Settings/Devices/Connected devices, when it is connected and powered on? I can see mine in 'Other devices' section.

There are other options (other than using the factory disk):

Option 1. Adding a printer with manual settings.

1. In Setting/Devices/Printer and scanners, click Add a printer or scanner.

2. Click 'The printer that I want isn't listed'.

3. In 'Find a printer by other options', select 'Add a local printer or network printer with manual settings' radiobutton, and click Next.

4. Select a port the printer is connected to.

Mine is connected with USB, so I select USB001.

Click Next.

5. Don't If you are connected to Internet, click 'Windows Update' rectangular button. That updates the list of printers, and the two drivers listed below will be removed from the list.

6. Select manufacturer and printer model.

The manufacturer of yours is HP.

The printer models may be:

HP Deskjet 2050 J510 series Class Driver

HP OfficeJet 6500 E710n-z Class Driver

Click Next.

7. Name your Printer.

8. Select whether you will share the printer.

9. Select whether you will use the printer by default.

Print the test page.

10. Finish.

Option 2. Download the printer driver from the manufacturer's website.

Sergiy Shklyar, Jun 29, 2016
  3. Erdeslawe Win User
    Dell Printer Drivers For All-In One 966

If you don't have a copy of the HP Drivers/Software for your Printer, then try Installing the printer the 'old-fashioned' way:

Connect the Printer then Control Panel > Devices and Printers > Add a Printer and let it search. If your Printer doesn't appear in the initial list then choose "My printer isn't listed" and select the appropriate option(s).

Erdeslawe, Jun 29, 2016
  4. Connected printer isn't option to use

play2mefish, Jun 30, 2016
  5. Berton Win User
    Right. And be sure to get the right version if two are offered, either 32-bit or 64-bit according to the version of Win10 you have, makes a difference with some printers and other hardware devices.

Berton, Jun 30, 2016
  6. joelarue Win User
    so I went to the suggested site you've given me. I have tried this before and was never sure if it worked or not. When I went to it now there was no option to download, it only says "software available for your operating system: Microsoft Windows, Microsoft Windows 10." and the option to scan the product. Which I did and it said no updates were found. The option to download a utility-diagnostic tool.

UOTE=play2mefish;720662]Try downloading the Windows 10 driver from HP and running the install:
    http://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/...85/model/72887

That will probably resolve your issue.[/QUOTE]

joelarue, Jun 30, 2016
  7. OK, what you need to do is to find a way to download the correct drivers. I'm at work now and sometime the download options for me are all greyed out. Try to reinstall the printer from the wizard, but instead of selecting a printer driver from the list, have Windows do a Windows update. When the update is finished, look and see if your printer model shows up now.

play2mefish, Jun 30, 2016
  8. Connected printer isn't option to use

Did a disc come with the HP Printer if it did.
    Uninstall and clear all traces of it
    Then Run your Disc and when it tells you to connect your Printer
    That will put software on and install the needed drivers as well
    Once done you hopefully should find it works

hTconeM9user, Jul 1, 2016
  9. topgundcp Win User
    You can install any printer using this procedure from Windows:
    NOTE: the procedure from the video is for installing Local Printer HP 710C, select your printer Model from the list. For Wireless, you'd need to setup the SSID in the printer first so it would be regconized by your router.
    [youtube]y4_j0XmdoQE[/youtube]

topgundcp, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Connected printer isn't option to use

1. Connected printer isn't option to use - Similar Threads - Connected printer isn't

2. My printer isn't listed in Control Panel/Printers

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My printer isn't listed in Control Panel/Printers: My printer isn't listed in the Control Panel Device Printers:I have a new Canon Pixma MG2500/2400 Series and I went to Windows 11 to find the printer to install the drivers.It's not listed and I tried to add manually and it's not listed.Is there a driver online that I can...
  3. Wifi isn't an option

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wifi isn't an option: I was having wifi connection issues. I reset the network settings and now the option for wifi has disappeared. I've re set my device numerous times and it says my drivers are up to date....
  4. Wifi isn't an option

Wifi isn't an option: I was having wifi connection issues. I reset the network settings and now the option for wifi has disappeared. I've re set my device numerous times and it says my drivers are up to date....
  5. brightness option isn't there.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    brightness option isn't there.: i searched through the entire options app and there was nothing that talked about brightness, i searched tutorials but the option just isn't there, could someone help me? thanks...
  6. brightness option isn't there.

brightness option isn't there.: i searched through the entire options app and there was nothing that talked about brightness, i searched tutorials but the option just isn't there, could someone help me? thanks...
  7. brightness option isn't there.

in Windows 10 Customization
  8. Wifi option isn't showing

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Wifi option isn't showing: All of a sudden I am not able to see wifi options. I have tried some troubleshooting but still no wifi option visible https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wifi-option-isnt-showing/29c18a44-7597-4212-954f-475a9e971015
  9. my laptop isn't connecting to my wireless printer

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    my laptop isn't connecting to my wireless printer: My laptop isn't connecting to my wireless printer, but it did print a test page. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-laptop-isnt-connecting-to-my-wireless-printer/dde1c5d2-926d-480b-a042-60e20b992f27
  10. my printer isn't printing

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    my printer isn't printing: My Epson WF 2750 printer isn't printing, it doesn't work with windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-printer-isnt-printing/af166850-057a-454f-a230-4df27f89d476