Windows 10: Connected to internet but no access

Discus and support Connected to internet but no access in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Recently my laptop has a boot error and auto recovery and maintenances could not solve the issue. So I reset the laptop but kept the files and now it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Infamus, Feb 11, 2016.

1. Infamus Win User

Connected to internet but no access

Recently my laptop has a boot error and auto recovery and maintenances could not solve the issue. So I reset the laptop but kept the files and now it boots perfectly fine however none of the internet is working. It shows that I am connected to the wifi but there is no access whatsoever. I even uninstaled my network adapters and even tried a wired conmection and everything seems to not work. All my other devices are connected to the router perfectly.
    I am using a lenovo y50 touch with windows ten 64bit.

I have already tried updating drivers, deleting temp files, disabling firewall (antivirus was removed from reset), and already tried the ip config release and renew.
    All I can think of now is attempting to restore to factory but I dont think that will solve anything.

:)

Infamus, Feb 11, 2016

2. Connected to internet, but 'No internet access' message displayed

I have the same problem as SohamSengupta - Although I get a strong signal I get a "no internet access" message. Initially this was happening sometimes for my office wi-fi. Now it is consistently not available. There seems to be no problem with 8.1 Ver since
    I get other networks at home and even at other secure locations. Have tried swithching off the router & restarting it; doing this when no one else is logged on to the router which supports more than 32 users. Have also tried switching off and re-booting the
    phone (Nokia Lumia 630). None of this has worked.

Am using my data connection through phone service provider in the interim - but need a more effective solution. Pl. help.

QueristJGo, Feb 11, 2016
  3. Connected to internet, but 'No internet access' message displayed

Following the steps Carolina posted would be a good start. What that error normally means is that you have connected to a WiFi Access Point that has no connection to the internet. It would be like unplugging your WiFi router on the WAN/ISP side. You can
    still attach to the router, log in if there is a password, get full strength, but not get anywhere. Happens to me when Comcast has an outage.

Clearly that isn't quite what is happening to you, as you say you can still access the internet (retreive mail, etc?). Are you sure there is no other connectivity, cell data is off?

Hopefully the above steps help unstick whatever is stuck.

Sven Johannsen, Feb 11, 2016
  4. Infamus Win User

Did a ping test to google and I am getting a reply.
    However I have tried to access the internet through various apps and the appstore and it still shows me errors such as the error code: 0x80072ee7

Infamus, Feb 11, 2016
  5. Have a look at this link I found
    http://www.errorrepair.com/?t202id=9...e%200x80072ee7

hTconeM9user, Feb 11, 2016
  6. davidhk Win User
    Have you talked to your internet company ?

davidhk, Feb 11, 2016
  7. davidhk Win User
    Not sure if this will help you but it is an article from Microsoft.
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/883821

excerpt...........
    The 0x80072EE7 error code may occur if the client computer cannot find the correct IP address when it tries to resolve a URL for the Windows Update Web site or for the Microsoft Update Web site. This error may occur if the Hosts file contains a static IP address.
    .................................................................................................... ....end of excerpt.

Scroll down to 0x80072EE7 error code section.
    It has 2 options. See if they can solve your problem.

davidhk, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Connected to internet but no access - Similar Threads - Connected internet access

2. Connected but no internet access? Try this...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Connected but no internet access? Try this...: To the point: Create a new administrator account and log into it. Check to see whether you have full Internet access on the new profile you should.Restart the computer, and check to see whether your original profile now has normal access to the Internet.If not, transfer the...
  3. Internet connection but no network access

Internet connection but no network access: After a power outage we have one computer with a weird problem. The computer is able to access the internet but can't see any computers on the network and other computers cant see it either. All other computers are working normally. Ran nearly all of the troubleshooters with...
  4. Internet access, but not connected

Internet access, but not connected: I encountered this weird issue for the first time ever; I noticed my internet icon was no longer on my taskbar recently. On a side note, I use a wired connection to my router via Ethernet. When I opened the taskbar settings and navigated to the 'Select which icons appear on...
  5. no internet access but connected to the internet

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    no internet access but connected to the internet: [ATTACH] Why does not have access to the Internet! But I can explore and search! And I have access to all sites and pages! No Intenet Access!!! submitted by /u/msadr471 [link] [comments]...
  6. Connected to wifi but no internet access

Connected to wifi but no internet access: My computer can connect to wifi and it also says that it has internet access but when i go to every website it says that I'm not connected to internet. I tried to ping to gateway 192.168.1.1 but requested timeout. I can only have like 5 seconds of internet access but then...
  7. Ethernet connected but no access to internet.

Ethernet connected but no access to internet.: I just moved and I'm having trouble connecting to the internet. There is no ethernet port in my room so I'm using a tp-link av1000 adapter. I do not have wifi on my computer it was custom built. When I go to ethernet status for the network I can see that it is sending and...
  8. Connected to internet but no access.

Connected to internet but no access.: Hey. Just bought a cheap pc, and the wirless has no access. It connects but that is all. I tried uninstalling wireless driver and reinstalling with no luck. There was a yellow sign over the wirless symbol. But i was advised to try and change my dns to 8.8.8.8 .And....
  9. Connected but no internet access

Connected but no internet access: I just bought a new PC with the latest Windows 10 version, but the internet didn't work. It said it was connected and it didn't have the yellow icon, after running the troubleshooter the result was problems with the DNS. So I ran the commands: ipconfig/release, flushdns,...
  10. Connects to network, no internet access.

Connects to network, no internet access.: Hi guys! I know next to nothing about networks so I could really use your help. I've recently moved to a new house and my laptop, phone, and PC all connected fine. However the PC started to have problems connecting to the internet and then lost all connection the very...