Windows 10: Connected to Network, but others PC's not showing within the Network in explorer?

Discus and support Connected to Network, but others PC's not showing within the Network in explorer? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello, I have connected my computer to a network, all fairly new machines running windows 10. I can access the files on the server computer by... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by JDA1308, Jul 19, 2018.

1. JDA1308 Win User

Connected to Network, but others PC's not showing within the Network in explorer?

Hello,

I have connected my computer to a network, all fairly new machines running windows 10.

I can access the files on the server computer by creating a desktop shortcut to \\EASY-SERVER and double clicking it, so the connection is definitely there.

The issue I have is that when looking in Explorer, I can see the devices but I cannot see the other computers. I need to run a program through the network so my desktop shortcut workaround won't do.

I have tried to map the network drive, but I can't because there's no folders detected to map.

Any suggestions please?

Connected to Network, but others PC's not showing within the Network in explorer? a7313322-3e31-4e7e-854d-c5727c1bf0ce?upload=true.jpg

:)

JDA1308, Jul 19, 2018

2. Losing network connection

Hello Dear, if you have a laptop or a PC with a wireless network adapter, you can see a list of available wireless networks and then connect to one of those networks. The wireless networks will only appear if your PC has a wireless network adapter installed, the adapter is turned on, and the wireless access point is in range.

1. Click Start, click Control Panel, click Network and Internet Connections, and then click Network Connections.

2. In the left pane, under Network Tasks, click View available wireless networks.
    In case, If you don't see the network you want to connect to, click Refresh network list. If you see the network but the signal is weak, move the PC closer to the wireless router.

3. Click the network you want to connect to, and then click Connect.

4. If you're connecting to a secure network, type the security key, and then click OK.

I Hope you solve out your query soon.

martinkaren77, Jul 19, 2018
  3. Castiel Win User
    PC wont connect to network.

I have a HP computer that is set off aside that I am going to use for folding and for some reason it wont connect to my network. I have the modem connected to a switch, and from there my computer and the HP is connected, but I can get a connection but not my HP comp. Now when I hit repair it says that it couldn't do anything because it stops at IP renewing. I have even went into networking and changed the network connection to the top of the list.

See I hit repair and it says that it is renewing the IP address but it doesn't, then error.

How can I get it connected to my internet?

Castiel, Jul 19, 2018
  4. Connected to Network, but others PC's not showing within the Network in explorer?

Help needed with simple wired network

Step one- Connect all PC's to router, and then the router to the modem. PC's go to router by the ports labeled "1-4" on the back of the router. WAN port goes to router. Power up all network equipment, and then systems.
    Step two- Power on the computer connected to port one. Go into router settings at 192.168.0.1 and configure internet, dyndns, firewall, etc.
    Step three- Go to "network set up wizard" in windows. (Network places- network set up wizard). The rest is self explanatory.
    Step four- right click on each drive and printer you want to share, and then configure sharing preferences. Should be easy enough.
    Step five- right click my computer, and the select "map network drive". Using the network address for each piece of hardware you shared, assign network drive letters.

Congratulations, you have a fully operational network. Happy Gaming! *Toast :toast:

zekrahminator, Jul 19, 2018
Thema:

Connected to Network, but others PC's not showing within the Network in explorer?

1. Connected to Network, but others PC's not showing within the Network in explorer? - Similar Threads - Connected Network others

2. pc not showing networks to connect to

in Windows 10 Gaming
    pc not showing networks to connect to: I skipped the let’s connect you to a network screen by pressing alt + f4 because i don't have ethernet and there was no other options and now my computer doesn’t show me any networks to connect to. what should i do?...
  3. pc not showing networks to connect to

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    pc not showing networks to connect to: I skipped the let’s connect you to a network screen by pressing alt + f4 because i don't have ethernet and there was no other options and now my computer doesn’t show me any networks to connect to. what should i do?...
  4. pc not showing networks to connect to

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Network adapter unable to connect or even show wifis within range

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Network adapter unable to connect or even show wifis within range: Hi, The last couple of days I have been unable to connect to wifi for more than a few minutes at a time without restarting the computer. I believe I have found the component that is not working, I included the status and info below.I have installed any available windows...
  6. Pc shows 2 network connections

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Pc shows 2 network connections: I was setting up a network switch and router (both separate from my network and internet) in which I had to set static ips on my pc. After setting it back to dhcp when connecting back to the network (ethernet) it shows an extra unidentified network that wasn't there before....
  7. Network Connections within Single Network

Network Connections within Single Network: I have a base modem and a network extender. I would like to have Windows seek and automatically log into and out of the different devices when I move from one room to another. I am using Windows 10 up-to-date. Currently, if I am logged into the internet via the main...
  8. Networking not showing Readyshare Connections under NETWORK or THIS PC

Networking not showing Readyshare Connections under NETWORK or THIS PC: Since updating my Windows 10 Pro to Version 1909, I am no longer able to access the \\READYSHARE Drive on my PC. When I attempt to input \\READYSHARE path into the address bar, an error message 'Windows cannot access \\READYSHARE, error code 0x80004005' is displayed. I...
  9. Home wifi network is not showing but other networks are

Home wifi network is not showing but other networks are: I just moved to a new house and I can’t find the house’s wifi network on my laptop. I can see lots of other wifi networks but not mine. I know the network is fine because I can use it on my phone and other people in the house have no issues. I also was able to connect to a...
  10. Other computers in network not showing; shows old network instead.

Other computers in network not showing; shows old network instead.: Preface: I am running a laptop which I upgraded from windows 7 to windows 10. I also have a desktop that is still running windows 7. One of the hard drives on my desktop is shared, and I often-enough will copy files from my laptop to my desktop. The laptop connects wirelessly...