Windows 10: Connecting/Disconnecting WiFi networks turns WiFi off in W10 FCU

Discus and support Connecting/Disconnecting WiFi networks turns WiFi off in W10 FCU in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Running Windows 10 x64 Home Edition Fall Creators Update with the latest updates on a ASUS G74SX-3DE notebook using the latest drivers for Intel... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Almighty1, Jan 19, 2018.

1. Almighty1 Win User

Connecting/Disconnecting WiFi networks turns WiFi off in W10 FCU

Running Windows 10 x64 Home Edition Fall Creators Update with the latest updates on a ASUS G74SX-3DE notebook using the latest drivers for Intel 7260-AC Mini-PCIe 802.11ac WiFi + Bluetooth adapter. Prior to Fall Creators Update, everything is working fine. However with Fall Creators Update, connecting or disconnecting from a WiFi network will completely turn the WiFi off as there is no way to turn the WiFi back one except by hibernating and then when it is on the Login screen, the WiFi either will turn on or it will have the WiFi on/off greyed out. In the case of the later, it will require hibernating again. Rebooting or Shutdown obviously will fix the problem. Anyone knows how to fix this or another way to make the WiFi turn back on without hibernating as I tried disabling and then re-enabling the Intel 7260-AC in Network adapters in Device Manager but it didn't help. Thank you for any help in advance!

:)

Almighty1, Jan 19, 2018

2. Wifi not turning on when I disconnect from Ethernet in Windows 10 - HELP!!

Hi all

Since I upgraded to Win 10, my wifi will not connect automatically to any network when I disconnect from ethernet. So I'm in an office, at my desk I'm plugged into a dock with ethernet connected but when I want to take my laptop into a room, I have to click
    in to the wifi icon and turn it on. Previously on any Windows options, the wifi adaptor would always just connect to my designated network when I disconnected from ethernet. When I turn on the wifi, it does then connect automatically, so it doesn't seem to
    be related to recognising networks etc. Also I have made sure in Network Adaptor settings that the option for the computer to turn off the device to save power is not selected.

I've looked in other posts and all I'm seeing are issues with connecting to networks when the wifi is turned on - I just want wifi to be turned on automatically when I disconnect from ethernet.

Thanks folks

Killian

Killian in Cork, Jan 19, 2018
  3. lacrumb Win User
    Wireless internet connection

Go Settings, Network & Internet, WiFi and check for connection.

Also look at Airplane mode and see if it is turned on and WiFi turned off. Turn off airplane mode and turn on WiFi and then go to WiFi and connect.

lacrumb, Jan 19, 2018
  4. dmholt57 Win User

Check the properties for the adapter, turn off in power management tab Allow the machine to turn off this device to save power. If you have Fast Startup on by default in power, uncheck it. *Nerd

dmholt57, Jan 19, 2018
  5. Almighty1 Win User
    Already done that and that's not it. Fast Startup is off. The thing is it doesn't always happen but if it does, it will keep happening until I reboot.

Almighty1, Jan 19, 2018
  6. Almighty1 Win User
    From what I can tell, it happens during the connection phase of a WiFi SSID when it's trying to get the connection properties and then it just turns the WiFi off and what I am trying to figure out is how to turn the Wi-Fi back one without rebooting as hibernating will either work or it doesn't which will require another hibernation.

Almighty1, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Connecting/Disconnecting WiFi networks turns WiFi off in W10 FCU - Similar Threads - Connecting Disconnecting WiFi

2. Wifi Suddenly Disconnected and Then No Wifi Network Found

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Wifi Suddenly Disconnected and Then No Wifi Network Found: If i use my laptop to browse on the internet, or streaming video, i got no problem. But if i play online games, my wifi suddenly disconnected. And when i try to recconect it, it can't. It says 'Not Connected.' Then i turn off the wifi in windows 10 and turn it on again, it...
  3. Wireless Network Connection says wifi is turned off, and options are turn on manually...

Wireless Network Connection says wifi is turned off, and options are turn on manually...: Goofed up somewhere trying to get two laptops to connect via the wifi, allowing shared files. Now the older laptop connects to wifi, the second can't find the wifi. Opening the settings, and clicking on Wi-Fi indicates that the Connection is off, when I click on the On...
  4. No wifi networks appearing after turning off autoconfiguration for wifi.

No wifi networks appearing after turning off autoconfiguration for wifi.: Hi all, I was having large ping spikes for a long time and I finally fixed it after entering this into command promptnetsh wlan set autoconfig enabled=no interface="Wireless Network Connection" This fixed the issue, but after entering it no wifi networks were appearing so...
  5. Wifi network disconnects

Wifi network disconnects: My wifi network disconnecting after 10min in my hp laptop windows10 says no internet acesses but my tv and phone both connecting to that wifi without any isssue i tried every solution on internet but not working please help...
  6. wifi keeps disconnecting from the wifi network

wifi keeps disconnecting from the wifi network: My laptop on wifi network keeps disconnecting frequently. I am not able to understand what is the problem. While my mobile phone is always connected on the same Wifi network. [img] [img] [img] Here are a couple of screenshots how I have to restore the connectivity...
  7. wifi keeps disconnecting from the wifi network

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    wifi keeps disconnecting from the wifi network: My laptop on wifi network keeps disconnecting frequently. I am not able to understand what is the problem. While my mobile phone is always connected on the same Wifi network. [img] [img] [img] Here are a couple of screenshots how I have to restore the connectivity...
  8. Wifi intermittently disconnects, i turn it off and on and it connects

Wifi intermittently disconnects, i turn it off and on and it connects: wifi randomly disconnects. i disconnect, reconnect, and its fine. how do is top this from happening? thanks so much for your time and help 134278
  9. Wifi intermittently disconnects, i turn it off and on and it connects

in Windows 10 Support
    Wifi intermittently disconnects, i turn it off and on and it connects: wifi randomly disconnects. i disconnect, reconnect, and its fine. how do is top this from happening? thanks so much for your time and help 134278
  10. WiFi Keeps Turning Off/Disconnecting From Home Network

WiFi Keeps Turning Off/Disconnecting From Home Network: I am reaching a frustrating and maddening breaking point. My WiFi continually disconnects itself (i.e. turns off) from my home network nearly every 10 seconds. The WiFi does not do this with every network I connect to, but it will not stay turned on at home. I'm rather...