Windows 10: connecting external hard drives to laptop

Discus and support connecting external hard drives to laptop in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; is it possible to connect three external hard drives thru one usb socket and if it is, what connector do I need 50269 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by majnoon53, May 13, 2016.

1. majnoon53 Win User

connecting external hard drives to laptop

is it possible to connect three external hard drives thru one usb socket and if it is, what connector do I need

:)

majnoon53, May 13, 2016
  2. DaveM121 Win User

Is it possible to access files, folders etc on a faulty computer from a working computer

Hi Sheena,

If you can get into the faulty hard laptop, you can simply copy the files out onto a flash drive or external hard drive

If you cannot get into the faulty laptop, there is no way to get the files by connecting to it with a cable . . .

Remove the hard drive from the faulty laptop

Connect that hard drive to another PC's motherboard

Boot up that other PC and you will be able to see the files on the laptop hard drive

DaveM121, May 13, 2016
  3. Valix80 Win User
    Cannot transfer files from the laptop to the drives

Original Title: Windows10 & External Hard Drive

Hi,

I've connected my two LaCie external hard drives (rugged and D2 Quadra) to a Windows 10 laptop but they both are not working. They are ExFat and I've tried to reformat them. Windows 10 can see the drives, I can copy and paste files from
    the drives to the laptop. But I cannot transfer files from the laptop to the drives. All the drivers are updated. It looks like my dives are not fully compatible with Windows10? Any suggestions please? Can I have a list of external hard drives compatible with
    Windows 10 please?

Valix80, May 13, 2016
  4. dalchina New Member

connecting external hard drives to laptop [​IMG]

Something like that? Check on power arrangements. Some expanders are powered externally, some only by the PC. And choose appropriately for USB2/3 and be very careful about appropriate cables for USB3.

dalchina, May 13, 2016
Thema:

1. connecting external hard drives to laptop - Similar Threads - connecting external hard

2. Can't Connect External Hard Drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't Connect External Hard Drive: Hello.I am struggling to access a WD My Passport and I suspect something is wrong with my Windows fundamentally, and I wish to reset Windows, however I would like to backup my files to an external hard drive, but have so far been unsuccessful in doing so.When I plug in the My...
  3. Can't Connect External Hard Drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't Connect External Hard Drive: Hello.I am struggling to access a WD My Passport and I suspect something is wrong with my Windows fundamentally, and I wish to reset Windows, however I would like to backup my files to an external hard drive, but have so far been unsuccessful in doing so.When I plug in the My...
  4. Connecting External Hard Drive to Network

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Connecting External Hard Drive to Network: I would like to have an external hard drivecontinuously connected to my home network. My router does not have a USB port and I do not have any PC that is connected 100% of the time to the home network. my PCs are running Win 11 Home editionIs there a hardware device I should...
  5. Connecting External Hard Drive to Network

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Connecting External Hard Drive to Network: I would like to have an external hard drivecontinuously connected to my home network. My router does not have a USB port and I do not have any PC that is connected 100% of the time to the home network. my PCs are running Win 11 Home editionIs there a hardware device I should...
  6. external hard drive connected by usb

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    external hard drive connected by usb: How do I get windows file explorer to recognize a 500 giga bite hard drive connected by USB https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/external-hard-drive-connected-by-usb/57ede349-6ed9-4cb0-bf8d-d9d999cf1157
  7. Trouble Connecting External Hard Drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Trouble Connecting External Hard Drive: Hi there. I'm trying to connect a Seagate External Hard Drive to my PC but am having some issues. Hard Drive: https://amazon.com/gp/product/B07CQJBSQL/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 The Drive seems to start up when I plug in the USB cable but I can't...
  8. external hard drive is connecting and the disconnecting.

external hard drive is connecting and the disconnecting.: I have a Seagate 5 TB external hard drive. I've had it for years. We have had it hooked up to our xbox. Today we turned on the xbox and it wasn't registering that the external hard drive was connected. So I hooked the external hard drive up to my Alienware laptop. It does not...
  9. Connecting External hard drive

Connecting External hard drive: How do I connect an external hard drive, with data files https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/connecting-external-hard-drive/b1670bab-3009-4da3-b712-006026fefcfe
  10. connecting up to an external hard drive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    connecting up to an external hard drive: I have an Acer Aspire and I want to connect up to an external hard drive but this computer dose not recognize the usb plug in. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/connecting-up-to-an-external-hard-drive/0d249a3d-70be-45d8-beb3-354c0b1a564c