Windows 10: Connecting my Android Phone to my Windows Hotspot

Discus and support Connecting my Android Phone to my Windows Hotspot in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello, I am trying to use the mobile Hotspot feature included with my new PC running Windows 10. Here is the issue: I went to settings and activated... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by TimNunn1, Sep 4, 2018.

1. TimNunn1 Win User

Connecting my Android Phone to my Windows Hotspot

Hello, I am trying to use the mobile Hotspot feature included with my new PC running Windows 10. Here is the issue:

I went to settings and activated the hotspot;

The hotspot address being transmitted is recognized by my Android mobile phone;

I select the hotspot address on my phone;

The appropriate window opens on the phone;

However, the connect field is there, but I am unable to click on the connect portion. In other words, I can see the word connect, but it is faded into the background indicating that I have not selected another setting somewhere that is necessary to be active before I can select connect;

Update:

I just now activated the hotspot once more. I turned it off to refresh the connection. Now my Android is NOT displaying the Desktop QSAQB75 (assigned hotspot address). I just turned the hotspot off again and, while monitoring my Android phone, turned it back on to see if the phone was "grabbing" it and then dropping it quickly before I could see it happen. It never displayed.

So now a different problem, it was there and now it is not there. I have also tried to connect via the Bluetooth feature. My phone does not recognize the desktop as an available connection. I have gone through the phone settings and turned everything on and off to see if I could find the problem through trial and error. Nothing.

Has anyone out there ever experienced this before? Any help would be most appreciated.

Tim N

[ Moved from: Windows 10 / Connect Phone & PC ]

:)

TimNunn1, Sep 4, 2018
  2. Xylee Del Win User

Windows 10 can't connect to Android 5 WiFi Hotspot

Hi,

This issue on between your Windows phone and Android Lollipop may have occurred due to compatibility issues. For us to help you connect your Windows 10 to the hotspot, we suggest that you check this

article
    and perform the steps given on it.

Meanwhile, since you mentioned that all drivers are up to date, we suggest that you try to
    install the drivers in compatibility mode and check if that helps. Kindly follow the steps below:

• Download the driver from the manufacturer’s website.
    • Right-click on the driver setup file and click on properties.
    • Click on the compatibility tab and check the box
      Run this program in compatibility mode for and select the operating system from the drop down menu and proceed with the installation.
    • Once this is done, restart the computer and check if the issue persists.
    You may also refer to: Make older programs compatible with this version of Windows (Steps can also be
    applied to Windows 10)

Let us know if any of these worked.

Xylee Del, Sep 4, 2018
  3. Windows 10 cannot connect toInternet via Android Hot Spot

Hi,

Thank you for posting your concern. Based on the information you provided this is only happening if you are connecting to an Android WIFI Hotspot, which implies that this could be an issue with the android system. To help you resolve this, please follow
    some recommended troubleshooting steps below:

• Connect to Android WIFI Hotspot and perform the following troubleshooting provided through this
      link.
    • After performing all the steps, you need to consider contacting Samsung support since the issue is only happening if you are connected to network from the Android.

Let us know how it goes.

Lemuel Cie, Sep 4, 2018
  4. Dos101 Win User

Windows Phone users Clubhouse

I think I'll put a list of people's favourite apps in the OP, starting with my own until I get some suggestions, but you can take a look at the Windows Phone app store at the top apps to see what's popular http://www.windowsphone.com/en-us/store

You are both now added, welcome! *Toast :toast:

Dos101, Sep 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Connecting my Android Phone to my Windows Hotspot - Similar Threads - Connecting Android Phone

2. Cant connect to my phone hotspots

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cant connect to my phone hotspots: Cant cect to my phone hotspot https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-connect-to-my-phone-hotspots/d96f6eaf-8390-491d-9014-1940d8619d18
  3. Cant connect to my phone hotspots

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cant connect to my phone hotspots: Cant cect to my phone hotspot https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-connect-to-my-phone-hotspots/d96f6eaf-8390-491d-9014-1940d8619d18
  4. Why won't my Dell laptop connect to the Wi-Fi hotspot of my Android phone?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why won't my Dell laptop connect to the Wi-Fi hotspot of my Android phone?: I am facing an issue with my Dell laptop's Wi-Fi connectivity. My Dell laptop is running on windows 10. It is unable to connect to the Wi-Fi hotspot of my Android phone, specifically the Redmi 12C hotspot. However, my Dell laptop can connect to some other mobile hotspots...
  5. Why won't my Dell laptop connect to the Wi-Fi hotspot of my Android phone?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Why won't my Dell laptop connect to the Wi-Fi hotspot of my Android phone?: I am facing an issue with my Dell laptop's Wi-Fi connectivity. My Dell laptop is running on windows 10. It is unable to connect to the Wi-Fi hotspot of my Android phone, specifically the Redmi 12C hotspot. However, my Dell laptop can connect to some other mobile hotspots...
  6. Connecting my phone to mobile hotspot

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Connecting my phone to mobile hotspot: I have turned on mobile hotspot on my Windows 10 PC, but my phone iPhone 12 can't access the Internet although it recognizes the network, it gives the error message "No Internet Connection". This happened after I had a problem with my Ethernet connection in my computer so I...
  7. Connecting my phone to mobile hotspot

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Connecting my phone to mobile hotspot: I have turned on mobile hotspot on my Windows 10 PC, but my phone iPhone 12 can't access the Internet although it recognizes the network, it gives the error message "No Internet Connection". This happened after I had a problem with my Ethernet connection in my computer so I...
  8. Connecting my phone as a cellular hotspot

Connecting my phone as a cellular hotspot: Hi. I am trying to connect my phone to my laptop as a hotspot, so that my laptop will be able to access the internet using cellular. I need it to be cellular because I am testing something out. I turn off wifi on my phone and have cellular on, I turn off wifi on my laptop,...
  9. can not connect android to my mobile hotspot

can not connect android to my mobile hotspot: i use internet cable on my laptop but i don`t have wifi in my room. that`s why i use the mobile hotspot but now my phone cant connect to the hotspot. my phone keeps on saying that it failed to obtain IP address. i have tried a lot but nothing is working....
  10. unable to connect hotspot to my phone

unable to connect hotspot to my phone: hi sir, actually there was a problem with my hotspot in windows 10.....I was unable to connect it to my phone . I asked this question yesterday and I have received the answers for that …… one of the sirs told to reset the network connections and I did that. THANK YOU SO MUCH...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. cannot connect windows 10 to samsung hotspot