Windows 10: Connecting PC to TV with RGB Cable

Discus and support Connecting PC to TV with RGB Cable in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I can't get my HP zBook to display onto a LG TV with RGB cable. I am running Windows 10 Pro. Any help would be greatly appreciated.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by FrankRea1, Aug 10, 2018.

1. FrankRea1 Win User

Connecting PC to TV with RGB Cable

I can't get my HP zBook to display onto a LG TV with RGB cable. I am running Windows 10 Pro. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

:)

FrankRea1, Aug 10, 2018

2. connect laptop to tv using a vga to rgb cable

i have a vga to rgb cable and I want to connect my laptop to tv, so can I connect them, I dont need audio but only video.

AdityaShirwadkar, Aug 10, 2018
  3. Jessen P Win User
    Laptopc can´t connect to TV

Hi,

Please reply to the questions mentioned below in order to assist you in a better way.

• Are you connecting the PC and TV using a HDMI cable?
    • Did you make any changes prior to the issue?

I suggest you to try the steps below and check if it helps.

• First you need a video cable for making the physically connection. For better picture quality, you should connect the computer to the TV using standard VGA ports or via the DVI to HDMI cable provided your TV supports these ports.
    • Open the "display settings" in your computer and activate output to the TV screen. You can either mirror content of your computer on the TV or extend the display just like a dual monitor screen.
    • Pick up your TV remote and switch to "External Inputs" from the menu. You will need to change the default "Video 1" to a different selection which may be "HDMI 1" or "Video 2" depending on how you have made the connection.

Important: Make sure you connect the cable to the TV before turning on the computer as sometimes it may fail to recognize external display.

You may also need to change the screen resolution of your TV using the Display settings in your Control Panel else the picture may appear distorted.

Please revert if you face any issues with PC not connecting to TV.

Jessen P, Aug 10, 2018
  4. Connecting PC to TV with RGB Cable

Sound issues after connecting my TV to my PC using HDMI cable

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

I would suggest you to refer to the mentioned steps and se if it works:

• Connect your Laptop to the TV and turn everything on
    • Right click on the speaker icon, on the task bar.
    • Choose Playback Devices. (You will need to be connected to your TV first to see it listed here).
    • Click the Properties Button with the TV highlighted in the list
    • Click the "Advanced" tab
    • Here you can set the default format for audio playback.

• By default this will be set to the highest quality . You can try each level and use the "Test" button to see if it works.

Hope this helps.

Anusha Verma, Aug 10, 2018
Thema:

Connecting PC to TV with RGB Cable

1. Connecting PC to TV with RGB Cable - Similar Threads - Connecting RGB Cable

2. Connecting PC and TV by HDMI cable

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Connecting PC and TV by HDMI cable: I connected ny computer to the smart TV by a HDMI cable in order to see content on the TV screen. I see the on the TV screen the bottom applications line but not the screen itself....
  3. hdmi cable to tv

hdmi cable to tv: Since installing windows 10 i cant get the hdmi cable from laptop to tv to work, i was working fine prior to me downloading windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hdmi-cable-to-tv/fbb308ac-309b-4ec2-a047-673dfeec99e9
  4. Connecting PC to TV

Connecting PC to TV: I have attached an HDMI /HDMI cable from my PC to TV control box. Picture comes on TV but no audio. How can I get audio to come across? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/connecting-pc-to-tv/d67c8b74-8eb3-4837-821f-0d2e9813b13d
  5. No Audio With HDMI Cable From TV to PC

in Windows 10 Customization
    No Audio With HDMI Cable From TV to PC: Why is there no audio when I plug in HDMI cable from tv to pc? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/no-audio-with-hdmi-cable-from-tv-to-pc/ad23c526-2966-4b35-9b7e-3fda436a7b79
  6. connecting a TV with HDMI cable to hp laptop

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    connecting a TV with HDMI cable to hp laptop: Every time I try to connect my dual boot HP Pavilion laptop running Windows 10 N Version 1809 to my Vizio E420i-B0 TV my laptop crashes. When I make the hdmi connection via Linux Lite 3.6 the TV connects without a problem. Is it the N 10 1809 version of Windows that's the...
  7. PC and TV not connecting via HDMI cable

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    PC and TV not connecting via HDMI cable: I have connected my Tablet PC to my smart TV with the correct cable but have so far not got them working together. On the TV I have enabled HDMI and selected the right port, but have not found any relevant settings on the PC. Plus the advice I have found online has not...
  8. problem with connecting TV using HDMI cable

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    problem with connecting TV using HDMI cable: My HDIM connect used to work fine but now I am unable to connect my TV using HDMI cable from my laptop. I receive an error message saying that it cannot detect another display...
  9. connecting smart TV with windows 10 PC using HDMI cable

connecting smart TV with windows 10 PC using HDMI cable: Cannot get the TV to access the PC. Ha ve tried pretty much everything. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/connecting-smart-tv-with-windows-10-pc-using-hdmi/76937542-2199-4c9b-b9bc-134dd8b5828d
  10. Connecting pc to tv

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Connecting pc to tv: Hello. I'm trying to use my tv as a monitor for my pc using HDMI but when I go to 'customize display' there is only one choice - "1". Another display isn't detected. I have HDMI 1 selected on my tv & the lead plugged in to HDMI 1. I'm using a Dell Optiplex 745 desktop...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to connect laptop to tv using RBG cable