Windows 10: Connecting to ad-hoc issue

Discus and support Connecting to ad-hoc issue in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello! Few days ago i runned ad-hoc acces point in my linux device. When i trying connect to it, gives me an error. Everything is fine On Windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by zakrzu, Mar 27, 2016.

1. zakrzu Win User

Connecting to ad-hoc issue

Hello!

Few days ago i runned ad-hoc acces point in my linux device. When i trying connect to it, gives me an error. Everything is fine On Windows 8. I tried many different options like connecting via cmd, turning off firewall but still nothing.

Anyone knows solution ?

:)

zakrzu, Mar 27, 2016
  2. ic_13 Win User

issue with Connecting to the Ad-Hoc network created via the netsh command from iphone

hello and thanks for responding.

I have the above settings for "All Networks" under the Advanced sharing settings.

However, still not connectivity from my iPhone.

I can see the connection churning on the iPhone. When I look at the details of the connection on the iPhone, it sometimes has the IP and subnet, but sometimes it does not. No other information is visible to me on the connection from the iPhone.

Thanks

ic_13, Mar 27, 2016
  3. issue with Connecting to the Ad-Hoc network created via the netsh command from iphone

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand that you are facing issues with Windows 10. I apologize for the inconvenience caused to you.

The issue could occur if network settings is changed.

To assist you better, please provide us the below information:

• When you say that "attempts to connect, but it just spins on the iPhone", are you able to connect other devices to the ad-hoc network?
    • Have you turned on the network sharing properties on the computer?

I suggest you to try to perform the below steps and check if it helps.

1. Click on Search bar.

2. Type "Network and Sharing Center" without the quotes in the search bar and click on it.

3. Click on Change advanced sharing settings

3. Expand All Networks.

4. Under Public Folder Sharing, turn on sharing.

5. Then also Turn off Password protected sharing.

6. Click on Save changes.

Also I suggest you to try to refer to the suggestion provided in the below Microsoft Help Article and check if it helps.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/use-your-pc-as-a-mobile-hotspot

Reply to us with the information, so that we can assist you better.

Let us know if you need any further assistance on Windows related issues and we will be glad to help.

Nyima Yonten, Mar 27, 2016
  4. bro67 Win User

Really no clue. You would be best to post in the network forum and give specifics what Linux distro and hardware you are using.

bro67, Mar 27, 2016
Thema:

1. Connecting to ad-hoc issue - Similar Threads - Connecting hoc issue

2. Ad-Hoc Network

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Ad-Hoc Network: Hi,So I created a what I believe to be an ad-hoc network on mac os, however its not showing up on windows network display. Im using it to share files and if possible play games on lan without an internet connection. How do I connect to said adhoc network hosted on my mac...
  3. Ad-Hoc Network

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Ad-Hoc Network: Hi,So I created a what I believe to be an ad-hoc network on mac os, however its not showing up on windows network display. Im using it to share files and if possible play games on lan without an internet connection. How do I connect to said adhoc network hosted on my mac...
  4. Ad-Hoc Network

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Windows10 - Can't connect to ad-hoc network

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows10 - Can't connect to ad-hoc network: Hi, I created a network using an ad-hoc communication on a computer with Windows 7 in order to do some wireless printing (the buildings networks firewall would not allow the normal wifi connection to work). The printer can log into that network and the computer from which...
  6. Ad-Hoc Wireless Network

Ad-Hoc Wireless Network: Aye! I have several computers with different systems, Windows 10, Linux, Android,... some have internet-access and may act as a gateway, some might act as an access point, some dont even have a keyboard/mouse - but all have a wireless network-interface-card. I dont use...
  7. creating an ad hoc Network?

creating an ad hoc Network?: In Windows 10; how do i set up an ad hoc Network on my PC? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/creating-an-ad-hoc-network/9a3c93a5-dc3b-4881-b99a-d112bb92d9d7
  8. No Choice for Ad Hoc Network

No Choice for Ad Hoc Network: As part of a practice I'm doing, I was going to set up an Ad Hoc wireless network on my Windows 10 Enterprise computer. But under Network and Sharing, like this: [img] why no ad hoc choice? 113515
  9. BSOD when using ad-hoc

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD when using ad-hoc: Hello all, I originally ran into a bsod that pointed to a video driver. Jumped on NVidia site got the driver. That worked well until recently. Haven't changed any settings since but now i'm getting one related to Memory failure. I've ran memtest several times, no faults found...
  10. Ad Hoc (Or something similar) OFFLINE

Ad Hoc (Or something similar) OFFLINE: Hi there folks. I'm sure you've heard the question about creating/joining ad-hoc networks before. I have. From the tutorials I've seen, it only explains how to create a network when you are already connected to a wireless network from a router. If that's the case you might as...