Windows 10: connecting to my wifi extender

Discus and support connecting to my wifi extender in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I cannot connect to my wifi extender (netgear) from my laptop. I have Windows 10 installed. I can connect with all other devices (cell phones). I can... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by DianeAdamick, Aug 27, 2018.

1. connecting to my wifi extender

I cannot connect to my wifi extender (netgear) from my laptop. I have Windows 10 installed. I can connect with all other devices (cell phones).

I can connect to my modem/router but when trying to connect to the extender it says "internet not available". Any suggestions or has this nothing to do with Microsoft products?

:)

DianeAdamick, Aug 27, 2018

2. Belkin Debuts New Mini WiFi Range Extender

Belkin has today introduced a new WiFi Range Extender to help consumers achieve whole home WIFI coverage. The new WiFi Range Extender's compact form means it can be discreetly plugged into any wall socket, to maximise WiFI coverage and allow consumers to use their mobile devices anywhere in the home.

Belkin's WiFI Range Extender has been designed with a smaller form factor to plug directly into an electrical outlet without blocking the second socket, and despite its compact size can significantly increase the WiFi range of your router. Belkin's new WiFi Range Extender includes Simple Start Installation and is compatible with virtually any Wi-Fi router. It can be installed using a tablet or smartphone, as well as a PC or laptop. Just plug it in, find the home network, and enjoy greater wireless in minutes.

connecting to my wifi extender Belkin_F9K1015_01_thm.jpg

The new WiFi Range Extender's single SSID makes installation and set-up even easier. The Range Extender uses the same user name and password as the router, and will automatically connect to the strongest WiFi signal it finds. This ensures all the WiFi enabled home devices will automatically be able to connect after the initial set up, without the user having to set devices up individually.

"Having WiFi is seen as a commodity today but achieving whole home coverage is still a challenge for many consumers," said Bart Bomers, director of Networking, Belkin EMEA. "With people using more devices throughout the home this is becoming an important challenge to address. With our new WiFi Range Extender, we offer people a smart solution that can be installed in minutes and extends WiFi range and eliminates dead spots in the home."

The new Belkin Wi-Fi Range Extender comes in a white ultra slim design that fits neatly into a wall outlet, and in most of the cases leaves enough space for other devices to be connected in the other socket. It is compatible with routers from any manufacturer, using standardized Wireless N technology.

WiFi range extender (F9K1015) - £ 29.99 / € 34.99
    • Smaller form factor fits discreetly to your wall socket without blocking other outlets
    • Simple Start Installation - Browser-based setup from a smartphone or tablet
    • Single SSID
    • Single band N300 (2,4 GHz)
    • WPS - WiFi Protected Setup

Cristian_25H, Aug 27, 2018
  3. MEB19 Win User
    laptop will not connect to wifi extender

my room is far from the wifi so I got an internet extender but my laptop wont connect to it ...

but when am near the wifi ( not the extender ) it connects .. what should i do ?

MEB19, Aug 27, 2018
  4. connecting to my wifi extender

NETGEAR Extends WiFi Coverage Throughout the Home

NETGEAR, Inc., a global networking company that delivers innovative products to consumers, businesses and service providers, today announced that the NETGEAR Universal Dual Band WiFi Range Extender (WN2500RP), which extends dual band WiFi coverage for any home office or home network, is now available for purchase at retail stores and online worldwide.

The dramatic increase in connected devices in the home has created a need for better WiFi coverage. With the NETGEAR WiFi Range Extender, users can keep their current wireless equipment and improve WiFi coverage, enhancing overall network quality, range and performance throughout the home for mobile connected devices such as smartphones, iPads, tablets and laptops, as well as connected entertainment devices like smart TVs, gaming consoles, streaming players and more. Unveiled at CES 2012 in January, the NETGEAR WiFi Range Extender is the latest addition to a line-up of easy-to-use WiFi range extender products that provide an enhanced WiFi experience for consumers worldwide.

connecting to my wifi extender netgear_wn2500rp_01_thm.jpg

No More WiFi Dead Spots

The NETGEAR WiFi Range Extender boosts coverage of both the 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz WiFi signals simultaneously, enhancing the connected lifestyle by extending WiFi range while avoiding WiFi interference. The NETGEAR WiFi Range Extender supports wireless 802.11 a/b/g/n standards, making it compatible with virtually any wireless network used at home. Included is FastLane Technology for range extenders, which enables consumers to maximize bandwidth for HD video streaming and online gaming. In addition, the NETGEAR WiFi Range Extender supports up to four wired to WiFi connections, turning Ethernet-enabled devices such as Blu-ray players, gaming consoles, DVRs and smart TVs into devices with WiFi connectivity.

Stream On

Obstacles such as walls can result in low WiFi signal strength or WiFi dead spots in different areas of the home. The NETGEAR WiFi Range Extender resolves this problem, so that users can surf the Internet, stream movies without constant buffering or listen to their favorite Internet radio stations no matter where they are - in the upstairs bedroom, outside on the deck or in the garage. As an alternative to buying a new WiFi router, the NETGEAR WiFi Range Extender is an ideal accessory to consumers' existing equipment. The NETGEAR WiFi Range Extender is universally compatible with any standard single or dual band WiFi router or service provider gateway.

Easy to Install and Set Up

The device is easy to install and set up with no need for a CD or Ethernet cable. A secure connection to any existing home WiFi network is established with a simple push of a button. Dynamic LEDs display real-time network connection status and find the best location for extender placement for optimal wireless, interference-free coverage. "The proliferation of mobile devices in the home - laptops, tablets and smartphones - has lead to people uncovering more WiFi dead spots in and around their homes. The NETGEAR WiFi Range Extender solves that problem and broadens WiFi connectivity and performance at an affordable price and with minimal setup," said Damir Skripic, product line manager for connected entertainment at NETGEAR.

Pricing and Availability

Available now from major retailers in the United States, the NETGEAR Universal Dual Band WiFi Range Extender (WN2500RP) starts at $79.99. It can also be purchased worldwide from retailers in stores and online.

Cristian_25H, Aug 27, 2018
Thema:

connecting to my wifi extender

1. connecting to my wifi extender - Similar Threads - connecting wifi extender

2. i connected to my wifi extender and a sheild icon apper on it

in Windows 10 Gaming
    i connected to my wifi extender and a sheild icon apper on it: hello when i connect to my wifi extender windows tell me that my wifi extender is not secured https://drive.google.com/file/d/1h6bEKiki5zyAKGKxcKXQhBxYVBJu3zNH/view?usp=sharing...
  3. i connected to my wifi extender and a sheild icon apper on it

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    i connected to my wifi extender and a sheild icon apper on it: hello when i connect to my wifi extender windows tell me that my wifi extender is not secured https://drive.google.com/file/d/1h6bEKiki5zyAKGKxcKXQhBxYVBJu3zNH/view?usp=sharing...
  4. I can't connect to my wifi but i can connect to my wifi extender?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't connect to my wifi but i can connect to my wifi extender?: I've had this problem for a pretty long time. My laptop will allow me to connect to my wifi extender but not my normal wifi. My extender makes my computer run super slow and I would rather be able to connect to my normal wifi and ive already looked and made sure it not the...
  5. I can't connect to my wifi but i can connect to my wifi extender?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I can't connect to my wifi but i can connect to my wifi extender?: I've had this problem for a pretty long time. My laptop will allow me to connect to my wifi extender but not my normal wifi. My extender makes my computer run super slow and I would rather be able to connect to my normal wifi and ive already looked and made sure it not the...
  6. Wifi extender

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Wifi extender: Netgear wifi extender. Windows 10 laptop. The extender is set up and running fine, phones are talking to it. Windows laptop can see it fine, but is still trying to connect to the real wifi router. Problem is that the internet keeps cutting in and out in the office, hence...
  7. Laptop won't connect to wifi/router - but will connect to wifi extender

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Laptop won't connect to wifi/router - but will connect to wifi extender: Hi All. The following has happened before, and then if fixed it's self, but started happening again 3-4 days ago and is still an issue. I'm about 20-25 feet from the router, Normally it connects no problem. But since Monday afternoon my laptop won't connect to the...
  8. wifi extender

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    wifi extender: My wifi extender connects to the wifi used by my router and works on my phone but not my computer? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wifi-extender/878e7736-e422-4ba8-a243-b223bd003ba3
  9. Our PC connects to wifi extenders, but not to our wifi hub

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Our PC connects to wifi extenders, but not to our wifi hub: Wasn't a problem until out extender recently broke. This didn't use to be a problem. The PC and the hub are only divided by a wall, and the PC and extender were in the same room, but only the extender seemed to register the signal. I want to say that the neighbors' wifi...
  10. how do I enable a new extender to connect to my wifi

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    how do I enable a new extender to connect to my wifi: Where is the enable button to set up my new extender ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/how-do-i-enable-a-new-extender-to-connect-to-my/320f2ee7-4bd6-46ba-9da7-c66d1b5460c8