Windows 10: Connecting to Steam?

Discus and support Connecting to Steam? in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hey, just woke up today and cannot connect to Steam at all to finish my downloads. Anyone else getting this? 73176 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by seek, Dec 22, 2016.

1. seek Win User

Connecting to Steam?

Hey, just woke up today and cannot connect to Steam at all to finish my downloads. Anyone else getting this?

:)

2. E52 incoming call problems

Perhaps you have activated blocking filter inadvertently in Advanced Communication Manager, specifically the 'Accept Contacts' filter?

Connecting---01, Dec 22, 2016
  3. 7thSense Win User
    while connecting to wifi it is connecting but taking different Ip which is not use...how i can i resolve this problem

In your router you can reserve an IP address for your various connected devices. Simply reserve an IP address for your phone. If you are not sure how to do this, consult the user guide of the router.

7thSense, Dec 22, 2016
  4. DooGie Win User

Connecting to Steam?

I just tried running Steam, first it downloaded an update then restarted and I just get this

Connecting to Steam? [​IMG]

I just checked the Steam Services Status and it's showing a lot of it is down *Sad Steam Status . Is Steam Down?

DooGie, Dec 22, 2016
  5. seek Win User
    That's the message I'm getting over here too. Great! down for x-mas again I guess. *Sad

6. DooGie Win User
    I edited my original post to include a link to Steam Status.

DooGie, Dec 22, 2016
  7. badrobot Win User
    The Winter sale probably killed their servers. Too much traffic.

badrobot, Dec 22, 2016
  8. SoFine409 Win User

Connecting to Steam?

Site is just busy. I remember this time last year I bought a few games that were on sale and it took forever to get connected and download files. Steam needed to update some of my existing files which just added to my misery. You might try to reconnect early in the morning before the gamers get up.

SoFine409, Dec 22, 2016
  9. Doc943 Win User
    Same for me. Not great service.

Doc943, Dec 22, 2016
  10. DooGie Win User
    The servers appear to be back up now *Smile

DooGie, Dec 22, 2016
  11. swarfega Win User
    swarfega, Dec 22, 2016
  12. swarfega Win User
    Also saw this, not sure how true it is: "A group who call themselves Phantom Squad have said they launched a "major DDoS attack" on Valve's gaming service. We have emailed them to see if they can provide proof and to find out their motives. Their Twitter account has since been suspended."

swarfega, Dec 22, 2016
  13. DooGie Win User

Connecting to Steam?

As I posted earlier swarfega, the servers are back up now *Smile

DooGie, Dec 22, 2016
  14. There are still problems login in sometimes. *Sad

A bunch of douche-backs never need a reason to do anything. Anyone can do DDoS, all you need is money, lame. *Sleepy

TairikuOkami, Dec 23, 2016
  15. DDoS won't completely kill the server. It's just like something blocking inside a tube which makes liquid flow on an even small amount than what the tube can handle.

RoasterMen, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Connecting to Steam?

1. Connecting to Steam? - Similar Threads - Connecting Steam

2. GoG Galaxy not launching or connecting to Steam

in Windows 10 News
    GoG Galaxy not launching or connecting to Steam: [IMG]Is GOG Galaxy failing to launch or establish a connection with Steam for you? If yes, you are not alone; we know how frustrating it is. Whether it’s difficult launching the app or not being able to connect to Steam, these can be resolved. In this article, we will explore...
  3. Pro switch controller connects to bluetooth but will only work on steam

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Pro switch controller connects to bluetooth but will only work on steam: I'm honestly at a loss here. I've had my pro switch controller for some time now. I've been using it on my pc for months, mostly using steam with it, but randomly today it decided not to work with any games outside of steam. What happens is I sync and connect it to my PC via...
  4. Pro switch controller connects to bluetooth but will only work on steam

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Pro switch controller connects to bluetooth but will only work on steam: I'm honestly at a loss here. I've had my pro switch controller for some time now. I've been using it on my pc for months, mostly using steam with it, but randomly today it decided not to work with any games outside of steam. What happens is I sync and connect it to my PC via...
  5. A connection to the Steam VAC servers could not be made [Fix]

in Windows 10 News
    A connection to the Steam VAC servers could not be made [Fix]: [ATTACH]This post features solutions to fix A connection to the VAC servers could not be made error on Steam. Steam is a digital video game distribution platform by Valve. Despite being one of the most renowned platforms for gaming, it still faces bugs and errors now and...
  6. Issues with connecting to online services including Windows Updater and Steam, but no...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Issues with connecting to online services including Windows Updater and Steam, but no...: So I have a variety of issues which I have set out below and the actions I have taken, but I've now come to the opinion that there is some issue affecting programs/services connecting to the internet. I am definitely connected to the internet, but Windows Updater, Steam and...
  7. Issues with connecting to online services including Windows Updater and Steam, but no...

Issues with connecting to online services including Windows Updater and Steam, but no...: So I have a variety of issues which I have set out below and the actions I have taken, but I've now come to the opinion that there is some issue affecting programs/services connecting to the internet. I am definitely connected to the internet, but Windows Updater, Steam and...
  8. Xbox One Wireless Controller Not Connecting to Steam, Bipolar on Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Xbox One Wireless Controller Not Connecting to Steam, Bipolar on Windows 11: I cannot make this up, and I am frankly at a loss for words when it comes to the ineptitude of Microsoft products. What I was able to do yesterday, I cannot do today. My Xbox One Wireless Controller will connect to Windows 11 via Bluetooth, but the light on the controller...
  9. Xbox One Wireless Controller Not Connecting to Steam, Bipolar on Windows 11

Xbox One Wireless Controller Not Connecting to Steam, Bipolar on Windows 11: I cannot make this up, and I am frankly at a loss for words when it comes to the ineptitude of Microsoft products. What I was able to do yesterday, I cannot do today. My Xbox One Wireless Controller will connect to Windows 11 via Bluetooth, but the light on the controller...
  10. PC has an internet connection and I can browse the web, but programs like Discord, Steam,...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC has an internet connection and I can browse the web, but programs like Discord, Steam,...: Hey everyone,I'm having an issue where web browsers and downloads via those browsers are working fine, but programs like Discord, the Windows Store, etc. have no connection.It's Windows 11, my drivers are up to date, power saving settings on all my network adapter devices...